2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't see more than 1 or 2 RB going in the first round. They are just not important any more. The majority of the teams have 2 or 3 guys carry the load. The only team that does the heavy running with 1 back is the Titans with Henry. 

For the most part you are correct. High draft pick RB’s tend to be had after other aspects of the O is established. But there are a host of teams that rely on a workhorse back beyond Tenn. - Giants, raiders, Cincy, GB, Seattle, etc.

It really all comes down to the type of team you want to be. 

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im in the minority where I like Elflein. So if we can add Thuney or Scherff (both teams they FAs from have money to resign them). I'm happy with Elf as the other OG

I think many of us like Elflein. For those of us that watch the games and do not rely on PFF, he is a solid OG. I think if you sign a good OG, McGoverns play will be better and so will Elflein’s. Becton will hopefully progress even more and if Fant can stay healthy, we may be good there. I do not see a reason to sign a high $ FA and use a high draft pick on iOL this year. One or the other.

Another thing to keep in mind is the 4 new starting OL and shortened offseason we had in 2020. If we can start 4 of the current OL while bringing in a top iOL via FA, that alone will help. Continuity on the OL is important. 

• Like 1

What is status of QB quality in next years draft?  I am of the opinion that this off season should  be devoted to picking up talented, non-QB pieces for the offense.  Especially building a top notch OL.  A good OL ripples into upgraded performance on receivers and running game.  I posted yesterday that for the top QBs in 2020, they were drafted in middle of first round or lower.  In fact, on average there were 3 QBs drafted ahead of them.  This emphasized the fact that drafting a good QB is more luck than skill.  3 teams passed on this top QB ie. they did not recognized true talent in the draft.

4 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

What is status of QB quality in next years draft?  I am of the opinion that this off season should  be devoted to picking up talented, non-QB pieces for the offense.  Especially building a top notch OL.  A good OL ripples into upgraded performance on receivers and running game.  I posted yesterday that for the top QBs in 2020, they were drafted in middle of first round or lower.  In fact, on average there were 3 QBs drafted ahead of them.  This emphasized the fact that drafting a good QB is more luck than skill.  3 teams passed on this top QB ie. they did not recognized true talent in the draft.

God willingly we're not gonna get the #2 pick again

We have it now - let's get our guy now

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Agreed, but it's easier to go with a bridge veteran if there's reason to believe that Clark can eventually take over. 

He was injured though. So there's no momentum to think he can do that right now. Maybe in the following offseason. I just think there's no way he does enough in TC (or whatever kind of camp there is this year) to grab a startinging spot on the OL. Maybe staying healthy in practice he can show that ability and push his way in. But going into the offseason.. he's as valuable as Edoga is for us. Which is a backup OLineman

Do you realize we could fill all our offensive needs with players just on the Alabama roster.

QB Mack Jones

OT Alex Leatherwood

C Landon Dickerson

WR Devonte Smith

K  Will Reichard

RB Najee Harris

WR Jaylen Waddle   four round pick, don't like the screws in his ankle business

I hate the idea that we have to go QB with our first pick in the draft because Darnold, is a failure. But we have to go QB with our first pick.

The big question is how many of these players will we draft?

This is the closest to a MOCK Draft you are going to get from me

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Do you realize we could fill all our offensive needs with players just on the Alabama roster.

QB Mack Jones

OT Alex Leatherwood

C Landon Dickerson

WR Devonte Smith

K  Will Reichard

RB Najee Harris

WR Jaylen Waddle   four round pick, don't like the screws in his ankle business

I hate the idea that we have to go QB with our first pick in the draft because Darnold, is a failure. But we have to go QB with our first pick.

The big question is how many of these players will we draft?

This is the closest to a MOCK Draft you are going to get from me

Sick of you with all these mock drafts. It’s a bloody waste of time. Armchair GM’s all of you 😳

40 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Sick of you with all these mock drafts. It’s a bloody waste of time. Armchair GM’s all of you 😳

43 minutes ago, xenajets said:

45 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I know i was going to get killed for my post. even you guys in the UK hate my mock drafts LOL

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It will be hard for anyone convince me that Harris isn't the BPA for us at 23. I totally get the debate of not wanting to go RB in Round 1 and at least wait until 34. But I think he is a real difference maker. And that's what we need. 

I AGREE, but what is sad was the big mistake we made getting Darnold three years ago and giving up three second round picks, and having to use our second overall pick in the 2021 to get another QB. When we make a mistake it goes on for years. I though at the time the Darnold, pick was going to give us our QB of the future how wrong I was.

I also think Najee Harris, would be a terrific pick at 23