2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If he feel out of the Top 15 I’d move up for Rousseau in a heart beat

I am not high on Rousseau. I watched some game tape of him. One thing that stood out was his sacks seem to more if the cleanup kind. It seemed that if the QB had to step up or bail out, Rousseau was there. I did not really see him overpowering his guy.  I also question his motor and love if the game. He bailed on his teammates to train for the NFL. I am not a fan of that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xrade said:

I am not high on Rousseau. I watched some game tape of him. One thing that stood out was his sacks seem to more if the cleanup kind. It seemed that if the QB had to step up or bail out, Rousseau was there. I did not really see him overpowering his guy.  I also question his motor and love if the game. He bailed on his teammates to train for the NFL. I am not a fan of that. 

Bailing to train for NFL I actually kind of like.

But to me he seems too similar to Zuniga and moves around the line.  I want a pure edge for GD sake.

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Jones is my guy!! Love him. 

What WRs would fit LaFleur's system best?

We should start breaking the positions down now that we know our OC. Ideal WR, ideal TE, FB and of course RB.

San Fran uses the FB position more than most teams. So, got to imagine we’ll do the same.

But I’d also be curious to hear what y’all think about WR and the other skilled positions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Carlos Basham Jr.  and Pat Jones II should be only 1st round targets for Jets.

Both are mehhhh as it gets.

My favorite pure pass rusher is Azeez Ojulari. Great athletic skills and initial first move, not a great run defender yet though. He would be a good fit for that edge LB position in Saleh's defense. 

Most complete edge is Kwity Paye IMO. Overall it's a weak class.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

I'm very not high on Rousseau and I debated with some guy in NFL Draft who didn't really have a sound argument for him outside of his frame. He's really not all that athletic (lacks short area quickness/change of direction, explosion off the ball, just to name a few) and he has no actual pass rush technique. You're very right about him walking into sacks as well (two games in a row vs FSU - worst line in CFB, and Pitt, where he got 7 total sacks). This is not a guy I want, he's only really good at rushing from the inside too (awkward for a lanky guy) and we get plenty of that from Q and JFM.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We should start breaking the positions down now that we know our OC. Ideal WR, ideal TE, FB and of course RB.

San Fran uses the FB position more than most teams. So, got to imagine we’ll do the same.

But I’d also be curious to hear what y’all think about WR and the other skilled positions.

It's not likely that Mike LaFleur had any sort of influence on which weapons they drafted in the short period he was there, but just to play along it is pretty clear that the 9ers had YAC threats at every pass catching position. Either Chase or Smith would make sense at WR, Kyle Pitts and Brevin Jordan at TE, and pretty much all of the top RB prospects are good pass catching backs. I'm a big fan of Kenneth Gainwell who will likely go on Day 2. 

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

Both are mehhhh as it gets.

My favorite pure pass rusher is Azeez Ojulari. Great athletic skills and initial first move, not a great run defender yet though. He would be a good fit for that edge LB position in Saleh's defense. 

Most complete edge is Kwity Paye IMO. Overall it's a weak class.

Jones 2 is mehhhh? Guy is a leader and has multiple pass rush moves, always a candidate for a strip sack.  What's not to like besides 4.4-4.5 speed?

• Like 1