2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

15 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

As I sit here watching this GB game, just imagine Mormon Arod running a similar offense in Jet green next year.

Something very noticeable is how much time Rodgers has, he has a truly elite o line. 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I have heard that before.

Pretty good start with Becton

And it has happened before, that Jet oline that Tanny built I think is one of the best in league history.  Alan Faneca is a hall of famer and was the worst player on that line (granted it was towards the end of his career)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Ja'Marr Chase doesn't seem to be getting enough love here - still my WR1 ahead of Smith.

I certainly like Smith, but that 175lb weight has me worried a bit. Certainly the evolution of the NFL into a less physical game on the outside helps, but I think Chase is the better option overall. If we trade down and both are available, I want Chase but I'm happy with either, or even Waddle a little further down in the round. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Abe56 said:

As I sit here watching this GB game, just imagine Mormon Arod running a similar offense in Jet green next year.

That's all I could think about last night.  Wilson ran Play-action as often as Arod so it's a good fit to start.

18 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Something very noticeable is how much time Rodgers has, he has a truly elite o line. 

The OL dominated yesterday whether it was in the run game or pass game.  That's why they're able to use PA so much.  If we land Thuney or Schreff that is huge for us.  Then grab another OL in the 3rd.  It's time we start developing some mid round Guards.  I've seen too many playoff teams and go "who the F is that on the OL?" and they're playing great.  We don't have to necessarily grab a 1st rounder.

7 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Ja'Marr Chase doesn't seem to be getting enough love here - still my WR1 ahead of Smith.

Chase is better, just not really thinking about positions outside of QB at #2 unless it is confirmed somehow that Darnold is gonna be the QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

It's time we start developing some mid round Guards

The Jets seem to draft a mid round OL every year and they have all failed. Clarke is JD’s first mid round OL. I just wonder why he never saw the field last year. Did he suck in practice? Was gase just too stubborn? Hopefully with a new coaching regime working in concert with JD, some of those mid round picks become good starters. The success of this team depends upon them. 

Just now, Abe56 said:

Chase is better, just not really thinking about positions outside of QB at #2 unless it is confirmed somehow that Darnold is gonna be the QB

I think, too, the fact that Chase did not play this year and Smith dominated his way to a Heisman makes people forget a little. I did not watch Chase play at all so naturally Smith is the top WR in this draft IMO. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

The Jets seem to draft a mid round OL every year and they have all failed. Clarke is JD’s first mid round OL. I just wonder why he never saw the field last year. Did he suck in practice? Was gase just too stubborn? Hopefully with a new coaching regime working in concert with JD, some of those mid round picks become good starters. The success of this team depends upon them. 

He got hurt, Gase began giving him 1st team reps later in the year but I think under the circumstances it didn't make sense to play him.