2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

22 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

But this is a one in a million chance. Whens the last time a cost controlled, young, top 5 QB became available? We have ammo, I get it would be great to use all of those picks and hope most of them pan out but the reality is, it's still a crap shoot. This is a bokefide franchise QB. It's a no brainier. 

Houston has had WAYYY more talent than we currently have. Watson will make us competitive. But we have very little overall talent. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't make the trade. I just want people to remember he isnt going to bring us to the prmise land by himself. I'd expect a regression from Houston since he had more talent around him

Given what we got for for Jamal if it takes 3 first to land Watson it's almost like dealing #2 and Jamal for Watson.  Pretty sure we'd all do that without hesitation.

Let's say we give up 2, 23 and the Sea pick next year, and our 3 next year.  Let's say we also deal Sam for a late 2 to PIT or someone like that.

We'd have a top 5 QB, 4 picks in the top 90 this year and a ton of cap space to still go after some talent in FA like ARob.  We could still add a starting OG and RB plus some defensive help at CB and pass rusher with those top 4 picks and be set.

We have ARob, Mims, Crowder at WR.  Still have Herndon at TE.  A new RB and a new OG to protect Watson who again is a top 5 QB.  It's a no brainier really.  That offense will score some points and the D will be solid enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Houston has had WAYYY more talent than we currently have. Watson will make us competitive. But we have very little overall talent. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't make the trade. I just want people to remember he isnt going to bring us to the prmise land by himself. I'd expect a regression from Houston since he had more talent around him

Way more talent is a huge stretch.  DJ was a shell of himself, Cooks is good but Fuller never stays on the field, and their OL is awful.  Watson was throwing to Chad Hansen one game.  Their D is awful too even worse the ours.  We would still have picks and cap to improve even more.  I think "way" more talented is an over exaggeration.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Given what we got for for Jamal if it takes 3 first to land Watson it's almost like dealing #2 and Jamal for Watson.  Pretty sure we'd all do that without hesitation.

Let's say we give up 2, 23 and the Sea pick next year, and our 3 next year.  Let's say we also deal Sam for a late 2 to PIT or someone like that.

We'd have a top 5 QB, 4 picks in the top 90 this year and a ton of cap space to still go after some talent in FA like ARob.  We could still add a starting OG and RB plus some defensive help at CB and pass rusher with those top 4 picks and be set.

We have ARob, Mims, Crowder at WR.  Still have Herndon at TE.  A new RB and a new OG to protect Watson who again is a top 5 QB.  It's a no brainier really.  That offense will score some points and the D will be solid enough.

Sign me up

You guys are undervaluing the #2 overall pick. This is like 2 or 3 first round picks depending on what team and how far you drop back. I'm sticking with the #2 overall and seattle 1st round pick next year. If they want more than that I would add Sam Darnold and MAYBE a third round pick. After that I would say no. You are giving up way to much and there is only a few teams that have the capital and cap space to work this deal.  

14 hours ago, doumeyer said:

With 3 1'2 months till the draft some sports media and tvs guy are saying the Jets should give up three first round picks to get Watson, have these people lost their ******* minds. Are we going to get this kind of crap till the end of April.

They should

Only a fool wouldnt trade for a top 5, 25 year old QB if given the opportunity 

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You guys are undervaluing the #2 overall pick. This is like 2 or 3 first round picks depending on what team and how far you drop back. I'm sticking with the #2 overall and seattle 1st round pick next year. If they want more than that I would add Sam Darnold and MAYBE a third round pick. After that I would say no. You are giving up way to much and there is only a few teams that have the capital and cap space to work this deal.  

I have said the same thing over and over again. We could keep Sam and trade that #2 away for 3 1st round picks and change in a qb rich draft. 

So if we did offer say #2, #66, next years 1st. That’s like 4 first round picks plus a very high 3rd. Throw in Sam too and that another 2/3rd rounder. Just seems silly that people are valuing the #2 pick the same as SF’s #12, Chicago’s #20 or NE’s #15 etc as some way the same as our pick. 

The only real competition I feel would come from Miami at #3. If the Texans thought fields and Wilson were similar grade they’d be guaranteed one of them.  

Without combine, it is going to be difficult to get good value (prospects) for traded #2.

Only reason we want to trade out of #2 is Devonta Smith.  Problem with him is he is too thin to play horizontal offense.  If Jets agreed with that then who would be our next target?

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I have said the same thing over and over again. We could keep Sam and trade that #2 away for 3 1st round picks and change in a qb rich draft. 

So if we did offer say #2, #66, next years 1st. That’s like 4 first round picks plus a very high 3rd. Throw in Sam too and that another 2/3rd rounder. Just seems silly that people are valuing the #2 pick the same as SF’s #12, Chicago’s #20 or NE’s #15 etc as some way the same as our pick. 

The only real competition I feel would come from Miami at #3. If the Texans thought fields and Wilson were similar grade they’d be guaranteed one of them.  

Yup that #2 pick is huge. I'm not buying that Tua is not their guy. The GM and HC both drafted this guy at 5 last year knwoing he had a bad hip and still pulled the trigger. If they move on Tua after 1 year it will look pretty poor on them. I think the Texans are going to move him but are trying to develop a market for him but there is no market for Watosn because you need that team that has the capital, cap space and Watson to agree to move too. There are too many parts to fit. I think Jacksonville has a better chance than Miami. I also don;t think Jacksonville wants him when they have T Law. I also like to remind you guys on the Watson move that the way Watson has acted has turn some teams off. There are some teams out there that don;t care what the star QB wants beacsue it is not your job to do the picking of players or coaches. The Jets are a perfect fit for the Texans and there is really no one else unless the Texans take a MASSIVE loss on Watson value and I can't see that happening after the feedback they got from the Hopkins trade. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If Jets aren't able to trade down from #2 the Sewell will be a perfect choice.

Put Sewell at LT and Move Becton to RG.  It should help Darnold motion outside the pocket left or right comfortably.

I think you put Sewell at RT and leave Becton at LT beacsue he did so well. I don't like the idea of moving great Tackles to the G spot. That just seems like a waste of talent. I would rather move Fant to G because he can play along the line. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I think you put Sewell at RT and leave Becton at LT beacsue he did so well. I don't like the idea of moving great Tackles to the G spot. That just seems like a waste of talent. I would rather move Fant to G because he can play along the line. 

Sewell is full package of talents.  Becton is just body and athleticism.  Becton can develop into smarter Tackle by playing RG until Fant fades out or whatever.

Not that I object to your idea but I feel like Becton has a lot of learning to earn in pro.  Playing RG along with Fant until Fant fades out or whatever may be improve Becton's talent package for RT in long term.

36 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Without combine, it is going to be difficult to get good value (prospects) for traded #2.

Only reason we want to trade out of #2 is Devonta Smith.  Problem with him is he is too thin to play horizontal offense.  If Jets agreed with that then who would be our next target?

I mean if we trade down and get either Smith or Chase that would be good for me. 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I mean if we trade down and get either Smith or Chase that would be good for me. 

Chase.    Good if that actually happened.  Bad if not.   Maybe end up drafting defensive player whoever it is.

Parson would be outstanding but are we okay with it?

If we draft Sewell, I would put him at RT or Becton at RT, and I would complete the line with a veteran LG or RG...with McGovern at C and Elflein at the other guard spot. That has the makings of an awesome O-line. Could make even a mediocre QB (of which we have several) pretty decent.

You could even declare LT to be open competition until one of the two emerges as the better option. Or you can get a lefty QB, so that the RT feels like he is a LT and the LT is a LT. LOL

Options.