2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

It seems to me, whether we go to a 49ers-esque 4-3 or stay with the old Jets 3-4, we need an edge rusher either way. Basham and Jenkins are FAs and are more linebackers than DEs in my view anyway. 

Since we need one already, why not get one who fits more of the 49ers mold than the old Jets mold? 

It is going to be almost impossible to land another Nick Bosa, but would it be too much to ask to get an Arik Armstead? That seems doable to me.

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It seems to me, whether we go to a 49ers-esque 4-3 or stay with the old Jets 3-4, we need an edge rusher either way. Basham and Jenkins are FAs and are more linebackers than DEs in my view anyway. 

Since we need one already, why not get one who fits more of the 49ers mold than the old Jets mold? 

It is going to be almost impossible to land another Nick Bosa, but would it be too much to ask to get an Arik Armstead? That seems doable to me.

We already have our Armstead

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

or Quinnen, both are more than capable. We dont need any players from the 49ers honestly. 

Are still on this? lol.

I think K'Waun Williams will come to Jets. He is only slot/nickel CB and one of Saleh's most favorite players. With Poole pending to UFA, I can see that happen.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Are still on this? lol.

I think K'Waun Williams will come to Jets. He is only slot/nickel CB and one of Saleh's most favorite players. With Poole pending to UFA, I can see that happen.

I just want our own identity, I see a lot of fans thinking we're going to be 49ers East, I dont see that happening. I think Saleh has his own vision.

I'm not saying we need to get Arik Armstead, I meant an Armstead-type DE. I don't think we need to raid the 49ers, but I do think it would be wise to get players for the system. And, since San Fran has a bunch of free agents on the defensive side of the football, it would make some sense to get a few of those guys instead of from elsewhere.

I suppose we could now look at Atlanta as well since Ulbrich is coming from there. And, while they were rather porous under Dan Quinn, really came on defensively after he was fired. Some of those guys played well. Not sure which Falcons are free agents, though.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just want our own identity, I see a lot of fans thinking we're going to be 49ers East, I dont see that happening. I think Saleh has his own vision.

I have said this before, but we have no identity (yet), unless you count losing as an identity. We need all the help we can get, and if bringing in a few 49ers to help figure out the scheme more quickly is the plan, then what is wrong with that?

You want us to do things the "Jets way"? Well, right now there is winning and then there is the Jets way. 

We need some kind of foundation to start building up this identity. I think we could do a LOT worse than build a foundation from the 2019 runners-up.

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

I have said this before, but we have no identity (yet), unless you count losing as an identity. We need all the help we can get, and if bringing in a few 49ers to help figure out the scheme more quickly is the plan, then what is wrong with that?

You want us to do things the "Jets way"? Well, right now there is winning and then there is the Jets way. 

We need some kind of foundation to start building up this identity. I think we could do a LOT worse than build a foundation from the 2019 runners-up.

What are you talking about lol?

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This is just false. We have a great interior DL and several other pieces on defense if we resign the guys we should. Q, JFM, Foley. Mosley, Poole, Hall, Maye are all very good players for this defense

Having good players and having strengths as a unit overall are completely different. You just named about half a unit for each level of the defense. My point here is we are far from locked into a specific scheme.

Saleh himself said 4-3 defense today in the presser.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Having good players and having strengths as a unit overall are completely different. You just named about half a unit for each level of the defense. My point here is we are far from locked into a specific scheme.

Saleh himself said 4-3 defense today in the presser.

And thats unfortunate because he fielded two bottom 5 defenses his first two years in San Francisco forcing scheme on the personnel. 

Douglas is going to have to get creative.