2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

We'll see man, I have faith in him obviously but its clear talent is a huge huge huge part of this scheme, its only won with talented players. And knowing what our offense needs its going to take a bit of a longer transition on both ends. 

Go checkout my offensive scheme thread, it'll give a little insight into the personnel the scheme relies upon. I think we just need to get the right guys on the o-line and we'll be much better off. 

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Go checkout my offensive scheme thread, it'll give a little insight into the personnel the scheme relies upon. I think we just need to get the right guys on the o-line and we'll be much better off. 

I've done my research, the offensive scheme is really diverse outside of the O-Line. Kyle has ran the offense multiple ways based on personnel. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I've done my research, the offensive scheme is really diverse outside of the O-Line. Kyle has ran the offense multiple ways based on personnel. 

He does a lot of the same things from different looks and a lot of different things for the same looks. You need to have smart defenders to stop his offense. It's going to be levels above Gase as a playcaller and I can't wait.

Wondering if Mike learned anything from his brother up in Green Bay too. 

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

He does a lot of the same things from different looks and a lot of different things for the same looks. You need to have smart defenders to stop his offense. It's going to be levels above Gase as a playcaller and I can't wait.

Wondering if Mike learned anything from his brother up in Green Bay too. 

We cant say for sure its going to be levels above anyone. This will be an adjustment for LaFleur. He's going to have his growing pains and it will be interesting to see what happens should adversity hit. I know there's a lot of excitement but its not as cut and dry as people are making it seem. 

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We cant say for sure its going to be levels above anyone. This will be an adjustment for LaFleur. He's going to have his growing pains and it will be interesting to see what happens should adversity hit. I know there's a lot of excitement but its not as cut and dry as people are making it seem. 

i think it's kinda like mets fans.  ANYTHING was better than the Wilpons.  for this team, ANYTHING is better than a gase offense.

• Like 1

Best thing that could happen in the next month or so is Watson requesting a trade and listing the Jets as the only team he’d waive his no trade clause. Makes HOU leverage very little at that stage. And they’d have to take less in a trade. We’d probably be able to get him for quite a bit less than. Leaving us without the QB need and still owning our 23rd pick.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think Trey Lance could be a good one give time to develop

Tons of potential but only started 1 yr and 1 game and played against subpar competition.  

We wouldnt get him at 23 so would have to trade up and not worth it since we have so many other pressing needs then a developmental QB

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Tons of potential but only started 1 yr and 1 game and played against subpar competition.  

We wouldnt get him at 23 so would have to trade up and not worth it since we have so many other pressing needs then a developmental QB

We have to remember we drafted Morgan with a decent draft pick with the plan on developing him later year. So I don’t see us drafting another developmental QB right now. If we make a move for a QB it will be a starter. Not a developmental guy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

we can come back to this if the jets are the worst offense in the league again.  until then, i'm going to believe it'll be better based solely off a coaching change.

Still need the personnel. We have the worst RB room in the league. One of the worst TE groups and a bottom 5 WR group. All with a huge question mark at QB. And needing 2 OGs maybe

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have to remember we drafted Morgan with a decent draft pick with the plan on developing him later year. So I don’t see us drafting another developmental QB right now. If we make a move for a QB it will be a starter. Not a developmental guy

Yeah.. 4th round is too high to repeat the developing qb method.