2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Excellent, but that doesn't mean we should wait it out like we did with WR.  I'm totally fine double dipping WR and RB.  I don't care if we ignore edge because we are desperate for offense.  Spend the money on a known commodity in FA, give whatever QB it is something to work with.  I'm also game to flip Q for a 2nd (does he have that much value?) and grab another WR/TE/RB.

Imagine this draft we trade Darnold and/or Q then draft a QB, WR, TE, RB with our first 4 picks.  If I was GM I would be salivating at that opportunity and a HC like Eric B or Arthur Smith could find that as a nice and juicy bonus coming to NY.  Too bad Johnson is too dumb to sell that to a coach.  Hand pick your starting QB, WR, RB, TE in the same draft and you already have a franchise LT.  F'n A Chris, get me in the damn front office.

I merely hint that JD may not think highly of RB and spend high picks to improve OL or CB (other than WR, obviously).   As long as JD is our GM, we should try to find a resolution for JD than force JD to copy off Andy Reid's philosophy because it always ends up a disappointment for fans.

25 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I merely hint that JD may not think highly of RB and spend high picks to improve OL or CB (other than WR, obviously).   As long as JD is our GM, we should try to find a resolution for JD than force JD to copy off Andy Reid's philosophy because it always ends up a disappointment for fans.

It would appear though that JD doesn't value skill positions. This was at least the rumor surrounding him before he got here and in his 1st FA and Draft it didn't appear that different. He didn't value Robby enough to pay him. He drafted Mims but not until the 59th pick. I hope he can be good. But obviously that's yet to be seen. But in reality with what he did at WR Mims was brought in to darn near be our #1 right away. And he spent a 4th on Perine. Not exactly this very very valuable pick (but not bad either). This all after he sat Darnold and his family down and promised to give him weapons. Which was a blatantly lie. This group is by far the worst WR group in the NFL.

JD needs to change his mindset bc of the team and its needs. Multiple WRs and a RB need to be brought in via big names in FA and very high draft picks. You can throw in a TE too, since Herndon looks like a shell of his rookie self.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It would appear though that JD doesn't value skill positions. This was at least the rumor surrounding him before he got here and in his 1st FA and Draft it didn't appear that different. He didn't value Robby enough to pay him. He drafted Mims but not until the 59th pick. I hope he can be good. But obviously that's yet to be seen. But in reality with what he did at WR Mims was brought in to darn near be our #1 right away. And he spent a 4th on Perine. Not exactly this very very valuable pick (but not bad either). This all after he sat Darnold and his family down and promised to give him weapons. Which was a blatantly lie. This group is by far the worst WR group in the NFL.

JD needs to change his mindset bc of the team and its needs. Multiple WRs and a RB need to be brought in via big names in FA and very high draft picks. You can throw in a TE too, since Herndon looks like a shell of his rookie self.

Wholeheartedly agreed.  I need to see something different from JD big time.

As thing stand now we have two draft picks in the first round

we have 1 high pick in the second  round

we have two in the third round, one will be a high third round pick the second pick in the third round not sure when we pick

we have one fourth round that should be a high fourth round pick

we have on fifth round pick which should be a high pick in the fifth round

I don't know how we can improve get more draft picks unless we trade Q Williams, with would make us look dumber than we real are.

I am no big fan of six & seven round pick I far as I am concern stick them in a envelope and mail them to Macc, he loved late round

Edited by doumeyer

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

As thing stand now we have two draft picks in the first round

we have 1 high pick in the second  round

we have two in the third round, one will be a high third round pick the second pick in the third round not sure when we pick

we have one fourth round that should be a high fourth round pick

we have on fifth round pick which should be a high pick in the fifth round

I don't know how we can improve get more draft picks unless we trade Q Williams, with would make us look dumber than we real are.

I am no big fan of six & seven round pick I far as I am concern stick them in a envelope and mail them to Macc, he loved late round picks.

Were we that excited when John Idzik had a bunch of draft picks and claimed that he and his team had scouted 500 prospects?

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Were we that excited when John Idzik had a bunch of draft picks and claimed that he and his team had scouted 500 prospects?

Was that the year we had all those first round picks, if it was i was excited, if it was any other year I have to say no. I know we had a lot of bad GN's  in our history but I got this insane hatred for Macc. for what he did to this team.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Good thing we do not have Idzik as GM.

Tell me more about Idzik, every since i start watching pro baseball & football in the early fifties I never question GM's or even coaches if the team failed it was always the players fault, we were brought up not to question,  authority was it stupid you bet is was.

IIRC, Idzik was strictly a numbers guy.  He had no experience in scouting, coaching, playing etc.  I think the reason he may have been hired was because Tanny had a deep love of acquiring FA's and keeping the Jets on a roller coaster of cap hell/abundance.  At the end of the day, the Jets won very little so Tanny was gone and replaced with the anti-Tanny regarding cap space.

It was another failed GM pick by the Jets.  12 draft picks and only a couple, if that many, survived to be adequate FB players.  

Just now, xrade said:

IIRC, Idzik was strictly a numbers guy.  He had no experience in scouting, coaching, playing etc.  I think the reason he may have been hired was because Tanny had a deep love of acquiring FA's and keeping the Jets on a roller coaster of cap hell/abundance.  At the end of the day, the Jets won very little so Tanny was gone and replaced with the anti-Tanny regarding cap space.

It was another failed GM pick by the Jets.  12 draft picks and only a couple, if that many, survived to be adequate FB players.  

See Even I did not question that, thank god I changed. Thank for the info

The best move the jets did is when they traded K. Johnson to Tampa for 2 first round picks and ended up with 4 first round picks. Those 4 picks turned into

12 Shaun Ellas

13 John Abraham

18 Chad Pennington

27 Anthony Becht 

This was the best draft class. Ya Becht was not that great but the other 3 where great picks. We need another draft like this to get things going again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The best move the jets did is when they traded K. Johnson to Tampa for 2 first round picks and ended up with 4 first round picks. Those 4 picks turned into

12 Shaun Ellas

13 John Abraham

18 Chad Pennington

27 Anthony Becht 

This was the best draft class. Ya Becht was not that great but the other 3 where great picks. We need another draft like this to get things going again. 

And yet Bucs won SB. Jets nil.

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

12 Shaun Ellas

13 John Abraham

18 Chad Pennington

27 Anthony Becht 

Yea i liked Chad , he was so smart he know where and when to throw the ball his big problem was he just didn't have the arm strenght and had to many passes picked on those deep sideline throws. He would have made a great QB coach.