2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I personal would take Mac Jones over Lance. I think trading down to say like 4 and pick up some picks. Then trade down again grab some more picks to say pick 6 or 7 and grab one of Sewell, Chase or D. Smith. Then grab Jones at 23. You could could have like 4 first round picks next year with a good LT in Becton then a good RT in Sewell or a good WR in D. Smoth or Chase and then add a good young QB like Jones makes it REALLY interesting. Having those guys and 4 first round picks next year can make this team go up fast. 

If Jets actually feature wide zone blocking then Lance should be the one.  Jones and Trask will present some serious challenge in athletic scheme.

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The more I watch Wilson and the stuff about him not being a leader/captain I’m good on this kid. Give me Fields or Lance if we are taking a QB at 2.

McShay mocking Wilson there makes me feel like he’s not the pick 

I don't read too much into McShay mocking him to us. I do think the gap he made it appear between Wilson and Fields and Lance was out of line.

I see Fields right there in the mix for us at 2. If I had to pick today I'd actually would draft Fields over Wilson at 2. But that can change over the next couple months. 

For me I just don't like Lance that much.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't read too much into McShay mocking him to us. I do think the gap he made it appear between Wilson and Fields and Lance was out of line.

I see Fields right there in the mix for us at 2. If I had to pick today I'd actually would draft Fields over Wilson at 2. But that can change over the next couple months. 

For me I just don't like Lance that much.

Fields is so tough to evaluate because of the talent around him, Lance has little to no film to really show us anything, Wilson performed against lesser competition, Jones played for a juggernaut just like Fields and is less gifted than the other 3. 

I think each of these are valid concerns for anyone going forward with drafting a QB at 2. 

I didn’t want to dig up the Becton thread. But I did want to point out that I did want Wirfs there instead of Becton. I thought he was the safer pick. And Wirfs had a better rookie year. Played every down for TB and only allowed 1 sack. Yes having TB as his QB helped... but he was still the best rookie IMO this year besides Herbert.

I love Becton. But I just feel like it should be noted that Wirfs did have a better year

31 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm saying he has nothing to gain from it. Him clearing up a misconception helps Wilson even though I dont think the captain thing whether true or not matters.

It’s a friend and teammate looking out for a friend. There doesn’t have to be something in it for him to gain to speak highly of his friend.

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I didn’t want to dig up the Becton thread. But I did want to point out that I did want Wirfs there instead of Becton. I thought he was the safer pick. And Wirfs had a better rookie year. Played every down for TB and only allowed 1 sack. Yes having TB as his QB helped... but he was still the best rookie IMO this year besides Herbert.

I love Becton. But I just feel like it should be noted that Wirfs did have a better year

I mean, this shouldn't really surprise anyone though. Wirfs was always a much safer pick, he was always perceived as the more pro-ready prospect.

Taking Becton had everything to do with his unparalleled potential, given his uncanny size & athleticism. I don't think anyone expected him to be as polished/dominate as he was so early on -- he's just scratching the surface. I think he proved beyond reasonable doubt that he's capable of living up to said potential. Give me Becton > Wirfs going forward without hesitation (love Wirfs too).