2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’ve handled every QB wrong. Be would’ve screwed up every franchise QB right now if they were here. And unfortunately I don’t see anything changing. Until we get a GM that values offense... nothing will change. JD doesn’t seem to value offense except on the OL.

This is true as well. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’ve handled every QB wrong. Be would’ve screwed up every franchise QB right now if they were here. And unfortunately I don’t see anything changing. Until we get a GM that values offense... nothing will change. JD doesn’t seem to value offense except on the OL.

He definitely values OL above skill positions. He’s repeatedly said that. But he did draft a WR with his second pick. So, it’s a bit early to say he only values OL. We still do not fully know who he is. The only thing he has consistently said is that he values building through the draft and he values the trenches first and foremost. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He definitely values OL above skill positions. He’s repeatedly said that. But he did draft a WR with his second pick. So, it’s a bit early to say he only values OL. We still do not fully know who he is. The only thing he has consistently said is that he values building through the draft and he values the trenches first and foremost. 

Let’s be real though. He didn’t value Mims. There’s no way he traded out if that pick thinking Mims would still be there like 12 picks later (or whatever it was). I just think at that stage he was too good to pass up. But he certainly didn’t think Mims was 100% who he wanted. Bc he would’ve drafted him at the original pick if he thought that.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Let’s be real though. He didn’t value Mims. There’s no way he traded out if that pick thinking Mims would still be there like 12 picks later (or whatever it was). I just think at that stage he was too good to pass up. But he certainly didn’t think Mims was 100% who he wanted. Bc he would’ve drafted him at the original pick if he thought that.

Possibly. He could have also had Van Jefferson and Mims rated the same. So trade back and draft whichever one drops.

I think this draft will be telling though. Actually this entire offseason will be telling. There are tons of offensive players that fit our scheme. Particularly at WR and a few RB.

If he doesn’t address the skill positions this off-season, I’ll be pissed. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Possibly. He could have also had Van Jefferson and Mims rated the same. So trade back and draft whichever one drops.

I think this draft will be telling though. Actually this entire offseason will be telling. There are tons of offensive players that fit our scheme. Particularly at WR and a few RB.

If he doesn’t address the skill positions this off-season, I’ll be pissed. 

But the way I see it in a pessimistic view point is he drafted 5 offensive players with decent picks.

1. Becton. Looked great but did battle injury. Which could be a trend at his size.

2. Mims. Has talent but did very little production wise.

3. Perine. Was less than impressive when given snaps and was washed away pretty much by a 55yr old RB.

4. Clarke. A developmental OLineman. Who never played a down. I think he just liked him Bc he played tough at a weak school.

5. Morgan. Pretty much drafted him Just Bc other teams liked him as a developmental guy. Not even sure he was ever activated even for us last year.

So there’s potential here... but really nothing to say was great.

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

But the way I see it in a pessimistic view point is he drafted 5 offensive players with decent picks.

1. Becton. Looked great but did battle injury. Which could be a trend at his size.

2. Mims. Has talent but did very little production wise.

3. Perine. Was less than impressive when given snaps and was washed away pretty much by a 55yr old RB.

4. Clarke. A developmental OLineman. Who never played a down. I think he just liked him Bc he played tough at a weak school.

5. Morgan. Pretty much drafted him Just Bc other teams liked him as a developmental guy. Not even sure he was ever activated even for us last year.

So there’s potential here... but really nothing to say was great.

1. Becton has the tools to be an All Pro LT. At #11 he was a steal. As he gets used to his pro style conditioning i think he will limit those type of muscle injuries that impacted last year. @jetsfan4life51 will give more info on this. 

2. I think Mims with a good qb and offense he’s going to be a 1k a year receiver. Just watch his tape from last year. He was unreal. So many times he was wide open. He really can separate, great hands and as explosive as they come. Just needs an offense that gets him the ball. 

3. Perine; looked poor. Needs a big year. 

4. Clark; would like to think he will get in the field this year but we need two new guards. One in FA and one in the draft. So Clarke may end up as a backup regardless. 

5. Morgan; hated the pick then. Hate it more when you think there was the likes of DVP available who could of actually helped out Sam last year. 

I have always been dead against trading down in the draft, but if we were set at the QB position this might be the year to do it. The other GM;s are not stupid they know we will probably draft a QB in the draft. With Douglas being so tight lipped they are not 100% sure. I am just being hypothetical now trade down no lower than thirteen, get the WR, or RB, or O lineman, of Douglas chose, and walk away with another first round pick or better for next years draft. This idea is not a as far fetched as it sounds we could get offers from teams that we never expected, Maybe I an over valuing the second overall pick in the draft but I DON'T thing so.

4 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Imagine we have the opportunity to draft lawrence anyway. 

This will never happen, The town of Jacksonville, is already spending millions of $ on new construction in town just because TL  is going there. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. This would never happen in NY or LA or even in Chicago.

12 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Don’t even think it. Jax can’t be that inept. If it happens, great.

This could be one of the reasons the Jets will not move from number two. Extremely low probability but not 0.  Imagine if we trade out of two before draft day and Lawrence is there. How disastrous would it be for JD?

47 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

This would be interesting but I think they go with Lawrence even if they rank Wilson as the slightly better prospect. It’s still a business and Lawrence will sell tons of jerseys and merchandise in that region. 

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This would be interesting but I think they go with Lawrence even if they rank Wilson as the slightly better prospect. It’s still a business and Lawrence will sell tons of jerseys and merchandise in that region. 

What you say is very very true, and it is a lot more than that, what's going on in Jacksonville, is crazy all kinds of new construction all because of TL coming to town. It just show you how powerful the NFL has become. Down here in the Orlando area you can't go into any type restaurant and not see at least six to eight TV screens, all because of the NFL. The highest rated show on TV is the NFL games.