2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What SMH means for all you old Jets fans is SHAKING MY HEAD. The only reason i know what it meant I had to google it.

IT TOOK ME TWO WEEKS IN UNDERSTAND WHAT LOL MEANS

Ha, you got it.

it’s alright, my mom used to think LOL meant “lots of love” and had to use it completely out of context a few times on Facebook... lol

57 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Ha, you got it.

it’s alright, my mom used to think LOL meant “lots of love” and had to use it completely out of context a few times on Facebook... lol

When chat rooms were a thing in the 90’s, I thought LOL meant loser on line. I got pretty nasty with some folks calling me a loser. It did not take long for someone to correct me. Embarrassing, but at least I was anonymous.

Edited by xrade
  • Like 1

After the press conference the other day and the comment about Sam Iv gone overboard the last few nights watching film on Fields and Wilson. I must admit I love both prospects but Wilson just has everything you want in a franchise qb. 

Anyone who wants to draft a RT or WR with #2 instead of Wilson and keep Sam then I don’t know what to tell you. Sam is a real nice dude and deserved better but to reset the rookie clock and get Wilson is a no brainier. I love Fields too but after watching more film especially on reads and anticipation throws Wilson has soared above Fields in my mind now.  

I was a massive ‘trade for Watson’ fan. But at the expense of four 1st rounders then I’d rather go get our guy and have Wilson under centre for the next 15+ years.   

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, xenajets said:

After the press conference the other day and the comment about Sam Iv gone overboard the last few nights watching film on Fields and Wilson. I must admit I love both prospects but Wilson just has everything you want in a franchise qb. 

Anyone who wants to draft a RT or WR with #2 instead of Wilson and keep Sam then I don’t know what to tell you. Sam is a real nice dude and deserved better but to reset the rookie clock and get Wilson is a no brainier. I love Fields too but after watching more film especially on reads and anticipation throws Wilson has soared above Fields in my mind now.  

I was a massive ‘trade for Watson’ fan. But at the expense of four 1st rounders then I’d rather go get our guy and have Wilson under centre for the next 15+ years.   

I can't speak for the other board members but I do agree it sure looks like that is the way we are going to go which is fine with me.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I can't speak for the other board members but I do agree it sure looks like that is the way we are going to go which is fine with me.

If Douglas plays it right, he can make Miami think he’s taking Chase, maybe they give up their 3rd and 18 to move up one spot. We take Wilson and trade Sam to SF or Washington for their 2nd and next years 2nd or 3rd. Just wishful thinking. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

I still rate Fields higher

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

I just finished listening to the press conference. I also went back and listened to his press conference from this time last year.

His Sam Darnold comments were the only thing note worthy. We’re drafting a QB.

I wouldn’t read too much into anything else including his plans in FA. This is a better FA class than last year. So more opportunities may present themselves.

He also said last year, that he’s willing to trade up and down in the draft. Remember...We had pre draft trade lined up to move up in the first. We decided to stay put. But I still think there’s enough to suggest he’s the type of GM they moves around the draft to get guys who fit the team and fit the value of the pick.

Edited by SDotNova

34 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

If Douglas plays it right, he can make Miami think he’s taking Chase, maybe they give up their 3rd and 18 to move up one spot. We take Wilson and trade Sam to SF or Washington for their 2nd and next years 2nd or 3rd. Just wishful thinking. 

Would be a stroke of genius on the part of JD and absolute lunacy on the part of Miami. Besides Miami could use Sewell as much as a WR. Miami also has picks 18 and 36. They can still get a good WR.

44 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

No question Rick, Douglas is playing a waiting game, keep ALL the other GM;s guessing, that is the only way to play it now.  

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

I must admit I love both prospects but Wilson just has everything you want in a franchise qb

There are two reasons I like Wilson a little better. The first are some of the balls accurate lasers down the field into tight coverage. They were absolutely beautiful passes on any level.  They were Favre like. I would worry about ints on throws like that in the NFL but the accuracy and arm strength along with the fearlessness are there to see.

The second reason is that he lifted his team  to be better. BYU does not have a lot of talent. He made his O better. None of his WR, RB or OL are going to be drafted before day 3. He made all of them better and I would like to see him make average WR good and good WR great while playing for the Jets. Other QB’s need great WR just to be good.

This is not a knock on Fields. I would love to have him as well. But when I imagine Fields playing for BYU and Wilson playing for OSU, it just seems Fields would have had a tougher time and Wilson would be lifting the college championship trophy by beating bama. The point I am making is that there is something to be said about a QB playing with lesser talent and making them look good vs a QB playing with lots of talent and looking good.  You can argue the talent of the teams BYU played vs the talent OSU played. But in the end, the talent extends to players in both sides of the ball. Simply put, Fields had a lot more talent on O with a much better D than Wilson had. Based on that, I tend to dismiss the competition argument.

Almost forgot. You spelled center wrong. But that’s OK. Lol. 

Edited by xrade
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I still rate Fields higher

One think you have to say about Fields. after watching him play against Alabama's, murder machine on defensive he held up exceptionally well and made some great throws. I don't know much about Wilson, but I have seen enough of Fields to know he is a first rate QB. I don't think we can go wrong either way. 

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

One think you have to say about Fields. after watching him play against Alabama's, murder machine on defensive he held up exceptionally well and made some great throws. I don't know much about Wilson, but I have seen enough of Fields to know he is a first rate QB. I don't think we can go wrong either way. 

I really think people just like Wilson Bc he plays with flair at times (I can careless about that) which gets an average fab excited Bc it’s fun to watch. But let’s be real won’t work too much in the NFL. And he has a quick release. Which is good. But so does Fields. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I really think people just like Wilson Bc he plays with flair at times (I can careless about that) which gets an average fab excited Bc it’s fun to watch

Can I assume you are talking about any of us who prefer Wilson on this site? Because if you are, those of us who like him made points about why and it had nothing to do with “flair”.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xrade said:

There are two reasons I like Wilson a little better. The first are some of the balls accurate lasers down the field into tight coverage. They were absolutely beautiful passes on any level.  They were Favre like. I would worry about ints on throws like that in the NFL but the accuracy and arm strength along with the fearlessness are there to see.

The second reason is that he lifted his team  to be better. BYU does not have a lot of talent. He made his O better. None of his WR, RB or OL are going to be drafted before day 3. He made all of them better and I would like to see him make average WR good and good WR great while playing for the Jets. Other QB’s need great WR just to be good.

This is not a knock on Fields. I would love to have him as well. But when I imagine Fields playing for BYU and Wilson playing for OSU, it just seems Fields would have had a tougher time and Wilson would be lifting the college championship trophy by beating bama. The point I am making is that there is something to be said about a QB playing with lesser talent and making them look good vs a QB playing with lots of talent and looking good.  You can argue the talent of the teams BYU played vs the talent OSU played. But in the end, the talent extends to players in both sides of the ball. Simply put, Fields had a lot more talent on O with a much better D than Wilson had. Based on that, I tend to dismiss the competition argument.

Almost forgot. You spelled center wrong. But that’s OK. Lol. 

You speak/write English I presume?! 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Can I assume you are talking about any of us who prefer Wilson on this site? Because if you are, those of us who like him made points about why and it had nothing to do with “flair”.

But that’s part of the eye test. The reasons people give as to why they like him more I think is a hunch of BS to be honest. He has the best right window completion rate. Who are the DBs guarding those passes? He plays in the SEC and 1/2 those passes are INTs. He has a quick release. So does Fields. He had great stats for 1 year. He was awful the year before that. Fields has really never been awful ever.