2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

You speak/write English I presume?! 

Nope. I speak and write American English. And you realized I was joking, right. I have a lot of English cousins I speak to regularly. I tease them as well and vice versa. All in good fun.

So I was wondering what you all think about this scenario. With Wilson flying up the media boards there may be a reason Atl would want to move up to 2 to secure Wilson. The cost by the trade chart would be their SRP and TRP picks this year or, since it is a QB we are dealing with, a FRP in 2022.  It is a tougher decision than it may appear from the Jets standpoint. On one hand getting Fields and a FRP in 2022 is better than just getting Wilson.  On the other hand, moving to 4 and having someone jump us would be a disaster. Also, as small a probability as it is, there is the chance Jax ****s up and passes on Lawrence. Hmmm.......

What say you?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I really think people just like Wilson Bc he plays with flair at times (I can careless about that) which gets an average fab excited Bc it’s fun to watch. But let’s be real won’t work too much in the NFL. And he has a quick release. Which is good. But so does Fields. 

-Throws the ball into extremely tight windows

-Elite arm talent

-Great athlete

-Throws with timing concepts but also accurately threads the ball into coverage and anticipates his receivers 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xrade said:

Nope. I speak and write American English. And you realized I was joking, right. I have a lot of English cousins I speak to regularly. I tease them as well and vice versa. All in good fun.

Spelt it wrong!!!!!! 

Yes all in good humour my man. 

12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

-Throws the ball into extremely tight windows

-Elite arm talent

-Great athlete

-Throws with timing concepts but also accurately threads the ball into coverage and anticipates his receivers 

- Watch his tape closer. And think while watching it... how many of these throws are broken up or Intercepted at the NFL level. And even top NCAA level.

- He does. But so does every QB at the top of this class. It’s no better than that of Fields.

- He is. But as above... Fields is more of an athlete.

-Once again... he does so this well. But so do other QBs. There’s actually lots of examples that he doesn’t anticipate things quick enough. Which is common for prospects. So I don’t hold that against him. But once again he isn’t better than Fields at this.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

But that’s part of the eye test. The reasons people give as to why they like him more I think is a hunch of BS to be honest. He has the best right window completion rate. Who are the DBs guarding those passes? He plays in the SEC and 1/2 those passes are INTs. He has a quick release. So does Fields. He had great stats for 1 year. He was awful the year before that. Fields has really never been awful ever.

If he was playing in the SEC wouldn’t the WRs be better too 😃

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So I was wondering what you all think about this scenario. With Wilson flying up the media boards there may be a reason Atl would want to move up to 2 to secure Wilson. The cost by the trade chart would be their SRP and TRP picks this year or, since it is a QB we are dealing with, a FRP in 2022.  It is a tougher decision than it may appear from the Jets standpoint. On one hand getting Fields and a FRP in 2022 is better than just getting Wilson.  On the other hand, moving to 4 and having someone jump us would be a disaster. Also, as small a probability as it is, there is the chance Jax ****s up and passes on Lawrence. Hmmm.......

What say you?

If the Jets love a QB at 2 they cannot trade down and hope he isn't selected in between. It's just not realistic if you value someone as a franchise qb. 

As you are well aware I'd gladly take the trade as we'd still land one of Sewell Smith or Chase at 4 and get prime draft picks in the trade. I'd probably prefer the future first to the 2nd and third. 

Also, this is not a trade you make until you are on the clock just incase jax is stupid(they aren't, pretty sure their social media team has already posted pictures of him in jags unis)

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

- Watch his tape closer. And think while watching it... how many of these throws are broken up or Intercepted at the NFL level. And even top NCAA level.

- He does. But so does every QB at the top of this class. It’s no better than that of Fields.

- He is. But as above... Fields is more of an athlete.

-Once again... he does so this well. But so do other QBs. There’s actually lots of examples that he doesn’t anticipate things quick enough. Which is common for prospects. So I don’t hold that against him. But once again he isn’t better than Fields at this.

I have agreed with you on a most things over the last ten years or so but he’s an elite talent In my eyes. The many many throws in tight coverage he produces simply because the scheme and quality of players he has around him can’t get wide open.

For Lawerence and Fields they’ve had the best of the best in quality both players and coaches. Wilson has shone through and that’s why I have him now slightly ahead of Fields (who I absolutely love also)

48 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If he was playing in the SEC wouldn’t the WRs be better too 😃

That’s my assessment also. It’s horses for courses. Better talent around him would make them wide open and you wouldn’t see the tight windows he REGULARLY had to throw into. Kids got unreal arm talent and an incredible athlete. We would be fools not to grab him at #2 and carry on with the Darnold fiasco. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xenajets said:

That’s my assessment also. It’s horses for courses. Better talent around him would make them wide open and you wouldn’t see the tight windows he REGULARLY had to throw into. Kids got unreal arm talent and an incredible athlete. We would be fools not to grab him at #2 and carry on with the Darnold fiasco. 

Not saying he’s the same level Prospect but Joe Burrow lead CFB in tight window throws his last year at LSU

29 minutes ago, xrade said:

What say you?

I think they will make one last push with Ryan. At 4 they could go for Pitts or Sewell or trade down with a QB needy team like Carolina, NE or Washington. If they do want to start grooming Ryan’s replacement they could  select  a QB like Trask, Newman or Monds in 3rd or 4th.

49 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Not saying he’s the same level Prospect but Joe Burrow lead CFB in tight window throws his last year at LSU

Yeah I think it’s one of the main things you look when discussing qbs. The LSU, Alabama, USC etc qbs that have failed at the NFL level is staggering. Having wide open receivers all day and blowing teams out 70-0 is nothing like the NFL. 

A team like Clemson (Lawerence) and Ohio State (Fields) have the best prospects on the line, they have the best receivers and usually top coaching. At BYU Wilson clearly didn’t have anything like the talent around him so when watching his throws and the fact he can throw into those microscopic windows that are at the NFL level it bodes well for him. Will Fields, Jones and Lawrence be able to do that? Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xrade said:

What say you?

I'm moving down to 4, drafting either Sewell or DeVonta Smith (whichever player Miami passes on) and taking the extra second and third rounders this year. We already have two firsts next year, we don't need a third necessarily. What we need is draft capital to turn into starters at a lot of positions. 

Oh, and I am also waiting for the Jaguars' pick to be in before calling Atl to finalize the trade. If Lawrence is sitting there, the deal is off.

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I think it’s one of the main things you look when discussing qbs. The LSU, Alabama, USC etc qbs that have failed at the NFL level is staggering. Having wide open receivers all day and blowing teams out 70-0 is nothing like the NFL. 

A team like Clemson (Lawerence) and Ohio State (Fields) have the best prospects on the line, they have the best receivers and usually top coaching. At BYU Wilson clearly didn’t have anything like the talent around him so when watching his throws and the fact he can throw into those microscopic windows that are at the NFL level it bodes well for him. Will Fields, Jones and Lawrence be able to do that? Only time will tell. 

OK, but Zach Wilson has also never played in a big game. When the spotlight is on, can he perform?

We already know Lawrence can, and to a lesser extent so can Fields.