2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Etienne seems like the perfect fit for this offense. I will be disappointed if we have an opportunity to draft him and pass.

I think we should just try Trevon Wesco in that Juszczyk role.

You're right about Etienne but I just get the sense there is no way they take a high RB. SF has had 3 RBs with nearly equal carries the last 2 seasons. They value the system and the OL more than the back. I am with you though. Ive wanted to draft a legit back for a while. 

I am still on the Wesco train regardless of where he lines up. I would try and draft or sign Ben Mason from Michigan as well and may the best man be our FB and Wesco still can be a TE. I want to see more Wesco this year no matter what! Unleash the beast!

5 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Etienne seems like the perfect fit for this offense. I will be disappointed if we have an opportunity to draft him and pass.

Wesco over Juszczyk agreed, just makes sense in terms of cap allocation. We'd pay a pretty penny getting Juice to leave SF. 

Most running backs fit in the offense that's what makes it so great but that extra variable each has makes it interesting. Etienne's gamebreaking potential is that. If we plug holes pre-draft and the board falls a certain way I wouldn't be against it but we have so many other pressing needs. 

• QB (1): James Morgan (FIU)
  • RB (2): Dre Brown (Illinois), James Robinson (Illinois State)
  • WR (7): Lawrence Cager (Georgia), Van Jefferson (Florida), Jerry Jeudy (Alabama), CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma), Denzel Mims (Baylor), Darrell Stewart (Michigan State), Binjimen Victor (Ohio State)
  • TE (1): Giovanni Ricci (Western Michigan)
  • OT (8): Mekhi Becton (Louisville), Brandon Bowen (Ohio State), Cameron Clark (Charlotte), Austin Jackson (USC), Josh Jones (Houston), Andrew Thomas (Georgia), Jedrick Wills (Alabama), Tristan Wirfs (Iowa)
  • OG (4): Robert Hunt (Louisiana-Lafayette), Damien Lewis (LSU), Kyle Murphy (Rhode Island), Michael Onwenu (Michigan)
  • C (4): Nick Harris (Washington), Frederick Mauigoa (Washington State), Cesar Ruiz (Michigan), Darryl Williams (Mississippi State)
  • EDGE (6): K’Lavon Chaisson (LSU), Jonathan Greenard (Florida), Azur Kamara (Kansas), Julian Okwara (Notre Dame), James Smith-Williams (NC State), Jonah Williams (Weber State)
  • DL (2): Kameron Cline (South Dakota), Larrell Murchison (NC State)
  • CB (7): Cameron Dantzler (Mississippi State), Javaris Davis (Auburn), Trevon Diggs (Alabama), Kristian Fulton (LSU), Jeff Gladney (TCU), Amik Robertson (Louisiana Tech), Keith Washington (West Virginia)

• Larnel Coleman, Offensive Tackle, Massachusetts (VIR)
  • Zaven Collins, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Tulsa (VIR)
  • Teven Jenkins, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State (VIR)
  • Elijah Molden, Cornerback, Washington (VIR)
  • Rondale Moore, Wide Receiver, Purdue (VIR)
  • Jaret Patterson, Running Back, Buffalo (VIR)
  • Anthony Schwartz, Wide Receiver, Auburn (VIR)
  • Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Wide Receiver, Iowa (VIR)
  • Darius Stills, Defensive Tackle, West Virginia (VIR)
  • Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame (VIR)
  • Trill Williams, Cornerback, Syracuse (VIR)

That's all I can find for now and it's virtual.  Could see Rondale Moore end of 1st or our 2nd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I think the same way about Gainwell and Sermon and they can be had one to two rounds later.

Etienne is probably my 3rd favorite RB, but he seems like the perfect fit because of the way the 49ers used Mostert. I would be happy with him because I want a RB pretty early. I'm worried about us assuming we can go cheap at RB and still recreate the same success the 49ers had rushing. We could dominate rushing if we put someone like Harris in this scheme. 

Defense, I really like this DE & DB class. I do love Micah Parsons. He's my favorite player in the whole draft, but we're not going to get him. We're going to have to really dive into the 43 LB class as we transition our LB core. LB wise, this is the class for 34 defenses. 

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Tommy Tremble is my sleeper pick at TE. If you watched ND this year, the guy lined up all over the field. Great lead blocker and solid receiver, he could easily fill the Juice role in our offense. 

Gotta love Notre Dame tight ends.