2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wesco over Juszczyk agreed, just makes sense in terms of cap allocation. We'd pay a pretty penny getting Juice to leave SF. 

Most running backs fit in the offense that's what makes it so great but that extra variable each has makes it interesting. Etienne's gamebreaking potential is that. If we plug holes pre-draft and the board falls a certain way I wouldn't be against it but we have so many other pressing needs. 

I would argue that a game-changing playmaker is pretty high up on our list of needs.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would argue that a game-changing playmaker is pretty high up on our list of needs.

Not really, its a luxury right now for a team that cant move the ball or stop opponents. It's like having rims on a car with a bad motor, transmission and no brakes. 

Literally any other position would do more for us than Running Back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not really, its a luxury right now for a team that cant move the ball or stop opponents. It's like having rims on a car with a bad motor, transmission and no brakes. 

Literally any other position would do more for us than Running Back.

For an offense that definitely wants to run the ball early and often?

Yeah, I disagree with you.

37 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

For an offense that definitely wants to run the ball early and often?

Yeah, I disagree with you.

Are we sure that’s the case? Isn’t LaFleur all about clinical passing concepts with a running back committee handling the rock.  

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Are we sure that’s the case? Isn’t LaFleur all about clinical passing concepts with a running back committee handling the rock.  

Saleh would want solid results from both air and ground.  Still, in the air holds higher ratio anyway.

I just checked Paris Ford's Pro Day result.   WTF?  I have been thinking about him being a darkhorse for Seahawks' pick..   But.  damn  he really bombed it. 30 second slower at everything.   How embarrassing.

Not to mention that he thought his day was decent.

57 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I've been mentioning him for 2 years. My favorite OG in this draft. 

ashamed of you not to bring him up here. lol     Body looks good.   Without producing any drools, mind you.

There are a several strong and athletic IOL options for Jets in 2nd and 3rd.  Unfortunately, I can't tell how good are their skill.  Hopefully, Jets find right one or two.