2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

JD's approach will be really interesting because the OG depth in this class is deep. There are potential 3rd rounders that can start early. So it makes me wonder if JD would use that pick on a great player who is in a position not as deep. Example; if JD believes there are only 3 starting RB's in this class but 7 OG's that can start. He would probably pick the RB at 23 and the OG at 34 unless there is a huge drop off. If you go OG first and the RBs are gone, you missed out on two potential starters. 

The only defensive players I would pick over all the other players is Parsons & Rousseau if they were to fall to 23 some how. CB's look great, but I can wait until the 2nd or 3rd for those. 

47 minutes ago, Bronx Born and Raised said:

Not sure what the drop off is between first three CBs are and next group.  How big is the next group?

Think PT or IOL with BPA between the 2 at 34 is appealing

I think my list of corners in no particular order after all the main guys get taken are;

Ifeatu Melifonwu, 6’2 with great range, length and perfect for a zone cornerback system. 

Eric Stokes, 6’1 with exceptional ball skills. Like always trying to get picks. His abilities also are aligned with a zone system. 

Isreal Mukuamu, 6’3 absolute steal whoever gets him. Just hope he goes somewhere he’s utilised correctly because in a zonal system he will thrive. Hope it’s here. 

Paulson Abedo. 6’1 with the long rangy athletic traits you want. Again suited to the zone system so il be keen to grab one of these four guys. 

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yea no question it will be a O lineman at 23 or 34. Only reason I AM NOT SURE  BECAUSE IF HARRIS IS THERE AT 23 DOUGLAS WILL PICK HARRIS. But you are right we must get a O lineman early in the draft. I take you word for Wyatt Davis because don't know him.

Doubt Joe would take a RB over and OL

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

2 months ago Wyatt was rated highest Guard in draft.  It seems like he has been dropping lately.  I am a believer that with a good/great offensive line, both the running game and receivers are strengthened.  What I see is that we can wait until #33 to pick IOL or OT - since that is the draft strengths.  It sounds like the second tier of CB's might be strong ..... still would like to see us take a CB there.   I am also in agreement with the view that nowadays RB do not need to be drafted high especial with strong OL.  In any case BPA at any of our weak areas is what I prefer.  We don't need to over reach for specific position now if talent is not there.  This is especially true with regards to extra picks next year.  2 years of back to back drafts of picking BPA at positions of need should make us very competitive. I am still locked in trade of #2 to Carolina for #8(pitts), 2nd this year, 1st and 2nd or 3rd next year.

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Haven’t done a lot of research into CBS this year but who are some guys you guys would like at 34? 

Asante Samuel Jr.

Eric Stokes

Greg Newsome

Tyson Campbell

I'll take Jaycee Horn over all of them at 23 and push IOL back to 34 if he's there but I don't think he will be.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Agreed, kinda pointless to take an RB without a line to block for him anyway. Don't think we'll be serious players for Najee, I think Javonte Williams later on is a more realistic target after we address the o-line.

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

drafting him?   I can see either Texans or Patriots get him.   Big time high character

Us drafting him, yes. 

He's a great dude. He was at my birthday party not too long ago. I think he'll be great in this scheme. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Us drafting him, yes. 

He's a great dude. He was at my birthday party not too long ago. I think he'll be great in this scheme. 

He didn't come to my B-Day party so I won't welcome him.😇

I was told that he can fit in many schemes but won't be a starting caliber.  That is why I thought of Patriots or Texans. Their 4th WR can be almost identical to starting level WR.  Very benefit for Powell, me think.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He didn't come to my B-Day party so I won't welcome him.😇

I was told that he can fit in many schemes but won't be a starting caliber.  That is why I thought of Patriots or Texans. Their 4th WR can be almost identical to starting level WR.  Very benefit for Powell, me think.

When watching the tape, I can see him being a good starter. His routes are clean,  he's tough,  and a good guy. I'd draft him behind Crowder and watch him become a starter eventually. 

Obviously draft day change things in regards to BPA, etc

But the only defensive position that I think we need to invest in early on is CB. With that said, I can see Saleh having a guy in the first 3 rounds that he loves at LB.

Draft Day Needs:

1. CB

2. WLB

3. Safety

Our offense is still a mess that we need to heavily invest in

1. QB

2. OG x2

3. WR

4. OT

5. TE

6. RB

Edited by Bianconero