Becton player like 80% for us.

Mims played like 40% for us.

Davis played like 40% for us.

Zuniga like 10%

Perine like 30%

Clarke 0%

Morgan 0%

Hall 60%

To think you’re getting everyday starters right away is just false.

I never said we were getting every day starters. 

But you also aren't getting them through free agency either. These guys will compete, best guys will play. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I mean we wont know how competitive we are until the fall, not really something we can figure out on paper. 

Oh exactly that’s why I said time will tell. We will know when the games come if we have a competitive team or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I understand that point at edge at TE, but not RB.

Im sure JD believes in Huff and Zuniga. So I can see edge not a huge issue for him after adding Lawson.

TE. Maybe he knows just a system change is all Herndon needs. I’m skeptical about that though.

But none of our RBs should be getting 10 touches a game in what they’ve shown. RB not being addressed is criminal.

Almost.., almost as bad as not addressing OG in front of them.

They'll bring in another body at RB probably another mid rounder is my guess.  Ty and Adams were both really efficient last year behind a bad OL so I think they should both get some touches this year.  About 10 touches for both plus a few for Perine is plenty for the RBs.  Since it's going to be a RBBC I don't see it as some glaring hole.  You can get by with what we have right now.  RBs are so easy to plug and play.

I agree not addressing 2 CBs and 2 OGs would be really bad.  Need to double dip in the draft for both.

Edited by Rockice_8

Just because the Shanahan's believe any RB can produce in their system, that does not necessarily mean Saleh believes it. As a defensive guy, he has to see the value in ball control and moving chains, and keeping his guys off the field and fresh. 

Yes, not having any new offensive guards or cornerbacks is bad, but not having any new running backs before the draft is even worse. 

Hell, go get Tevin Coleman at least. Todd Gurley is even available at this time. 

It's funny, everybody seems fine with RBBC but we currently don't really have a committee. So if we drafted a guy (no matter the round), he is the likely starter (and possible bell-cow RB). We need more depth than that.

Sign Gurley. Draft Etienne.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

There's a reason why he doesn't have a contract yet. Have you seen his play from last year? He has nothing left in the tank.

Mike Davis got 2 years 5.5m.  Gurley could be good for 1.5-2m on one year contract.  That is peanuts. 

His knees are killing him so I don't see Jets will sign him, anyway.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Mike Davis got 2 years 5.5m.  Gurley could be good for 1.5-2m on one year contract.  That is peanuts. 

His knees are killing him so I don't see Jets will sign him, anyway.

What does it tell you that ATL went from Gurley to Davis? Lol. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xenajets said:

Justin Hardee is strictly a special teams player.

...until now, yes, more or less, and a relatively unknown one at that.  One whom JoeDee and Saleh, at the head of a team whose defense rose from 20th to 11th in DVOA last year, plucked from obscurity.  One whose contract is 57th among CBs signed so far, in sharp contrast to team mate Bryce Hall at 108th (Spotrac). 

I can't read GM Joe's mind but here the font seems writ large.  As things stand right now, Justin Hardee is likely to start at CB, and ahead of Hall.  As you suggest, things may change between now and September.

You had said we had upgraded the cb position--

--from its 2021 nadir, yes.  Not from 2020.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc