2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

31 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. It's only a good plan if you're not in position to draft a QB. We have enough picks to build around and get our QB. No reason to trade back. I really believe some people don't want the best players, they just like having picks. lol 

I want the best players, not the best player. If trading down can solve our holes along the offensive line and get us some running back help, more help at linebacker and at corner, then we have to do this. 

What people are not speaking about at all following this pair of trades is that suddenly Garoppolo is going to become available.

Improve the O line, get more picks for the future, plug holes and sign Garoppolo.

Hopefully, there is a GM who falls in love with this kid on his pro day as easily as some of you posters.

I'm taking Zach Wilson 2nd overall, watching him throw the ball reminds me so much of Rodgers and Mahomes.  And resetting the clock on the rookie QB contract is  better for this team right now.   There a risks either way  but I am pretty convinced we are going Wilson 2nd overall and trading Darnold. 

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

I want the best players, not the best player. If trading down can solve our holes along the offensive line and get us some running back help, more help at linebacker and at corner, then we have to do this. 

What people are not speaking about at all following this pair of trades is that suddenly Garoppolo is going to become available.

Improve the O line, get more picks for the future, plug holes and sign Garoppolo.

Hopefully, there is a GM who falls in love with this kid on his pro day as easily as some of you posters.

We don't have to trade back to fill those gaps because we have 5 picks in the top 3 rounds. We can draft QB, RB, OL, LB or CB, OL and still improve everything mentioned. 

Just now, xrade said:

Why at the 49’s replacing Jimmy G?

Because you don't trade futures to move up to No. 3 only to keep your starting QB.

There were rumors Garoppolo was going to be released this off-season before this happened. His contract is very expendable and easy to release.

This just confirms it.

4 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Because you don't trade futures to move up to No. 3 only to keep your starting QB.

There were rumors Garoppolo was going to be released this off-season before this happened. His contract is very expendable and easy to release.

This just confirms it.

So why would we want him?

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Let me reiterate what was said months ago, but still holds true today: there is only one Week 1 starting QB in this draft and he is going to Jacksonville at No. 1. 

I agree but that does not mean we should not draft a QB at 2. I would not even want to start Lawrence. 

We are in a good position to really maximize our assets here. Darnold can only bring back a second rounder. The No. 2 could really help us become a much better team, much more quickly.

That is hopefully what the plan is. Just because Wilson seems like the clear No. 2 pick does not mean we have to take him. Name your price, let people fight for that pick.

Otherwise, we will be watching Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten try to prevent Zach Wilson from decapitation as a rookie.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.