2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

It is over. We are taking Zack Wilson. Too many things are lining up. The 49ers wanted to move up to get Wilson. Now they settle for 3. I’m sure the 49ers and Jets talked with all the links going on. The 49ers getting 3 tells mean that they tried for 2 but either got turn down or the deal was not right. The 49ers are taking Fields. I’m not a fan of these guys but I will try to be happy about it. I hope Zach Wilson is that good but man he sucked during the coastal Carolina game. If he struggles on non NFL D players I really don’t want to see what he does against an average D

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

The 49ers are getting rid of him, why would we want him?

Because there is a huge difference between us and them. From a talent standpoint. 

My god, we just went through this same damn situation in 2018. Now you all want to do it again with another young QB. 

And all this because of a pro day???

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Because there is a huge difference between us and them. From a talent standpoint. 

My god, we just went through this same damn situation in 2018. Now you all want to do it again with another young QB. 

Has nothing to do with a pro day but Jimmy G isn't going to really help us. 

Just now, Jag68Sid87 said:

I tend to agree with you on this. I’m not completely against taking a QB, but everyone sitting here drooling at a pro day is hilarious. I remember when Darnold threw in the rain for his and everyone was RAVING.

I’m more concerned with the face he had arguably the best offensive line in college football and now will come into our situation.

it is what it is at this point. Just going to let JD make his decision and seal his fate either way.

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We are in a good position to really maximize our assets here. Darnold can only bring back a second rounder. The No. 2 could really help us become a much better team, much more quickly.

That is hopefully what the plan is. Just because Wilson seems like the clear No. 2 pick does not mean we have to take him. Name your price, let people fight for that pick.

Otherwise, we will be watching Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten try to prevent Zach Wilson from decapitation as a rookie.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

If we draft anything other than a qb after seeing the deal Miami got JD needs to be sleeping with them fishes. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Has nothing to do with a pro day but Jimmy G isn't going to really help us. 

No one QB is going to really help us, which is my point.

If Jimmy G is our starting QB next season, the roster AROUND him will be much much greater than what we have now...or what Wilson will have to deal with.

Again, those who do not learn from history, repeat it.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

No one QB is going to really help us, which is my point.

If Jimmy G is our starting QB next season, the roster AROUND him will be much much greater than what we have now...or what Wilson will have to deal with.

Again, those who do not learn from history, repeat it.

No one said the rookie will play day 1, assuming so right now is only going to stress you out.