2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So you are saying you don't want that deal, because No. 2 is worth even more than No. 3.

I’m saying that deal (or a very similar one) will of obviously been offered to us too. We clearly rejected it. That means giving up that haul for anything another than a franchise qb would be the most stupid decision ever. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Because you don't trade futures to move up to No. 3 only to keep your starting QB.

There were rumors Garoppolo was going to be released this off-season before this happened. His contract is very expendable and easy to release.

This just confirms it.

Ehh, I wouldn't be too sure of that. We have a SB contending roster and a QB who took us there a year ago. Rushing him out the door to play a rookie this year would be a bad idea. Jimmy's contract is just as easy to get out of next offseason and if he leads us back to the playoffs, his trade value would be higher than it is right now.

This will be Jimmy's last year with the Niners. 

Quick breakdown; 

-We know SF traded a ton to move up to #3. Presumably it’s to draft a qb from the reports saying whatever qb is there. That means they WILL of offered us a very similar deal. 

-By rejecting the massive deal its very likely we go qb. The reports that Philly wanted to trade up to #3 but didn’t because the only QB they wanted was Wilson gives more evidence that Wilson will be gone by #3.

-Wilson will be a Jet.  

Edited by xenajets
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We are in a good position to really maximize our assets here. Darnold can only bring back a second rounder. The No. 2 could really help us become a much better team, much more quickly.

That is hopefully what the plan is. Just because Wilson seems like the clear No. 2 pick does not mean we have to take him. Name your price, let people fight for that pick.

Otherwise, we will be watching Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten try to prevent Zach Wilson from decapitation as a rookie.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

Arent you super anti-Darnold too? 

• Like 1

The last QB that had the NFL network guys gushing like this was Josh Allen, who a lot of us, including  myself, we’re afraid to draft because of his level of competition. I’m not making that mistake twice. I’m not passing on a QB upgrade to get deeper at RB and LB. We can still fill holes with the picks we have and nobody says he has to start day one. I said it yesterday, sign Alex Smith and sit Wilson just like the Chiefs did with Mahones. 

12 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Quick breakdown; 

-We know SF traded a ton to move up to #3. Presumably it’s to draft a qb from the reports saying whatever qb is there. That means they WILL of offered us a very similar deal. 

-By rejecting the massive deal its very likely we go qb. The reports that Philly wanted to trade up to #3 but didn’t because the only QB they wanted was Wilson gives more evidence that Wilson will be gone by #3.

-Wilson will be a Jet.  

Kinda my thinking now as well. JD LOVES draft picks. And if he could get that I think he would have taken it, if we were rolling with Darnold. So I do think he’s leaning toward Wilson.

whst we get for Sam is the question now

39 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Let me reiterate what was said months ago, but still holds true today: there is only one Week 1 starting QB in this draft and he is going to Jacksonville at No. 1. 

Wrong.

34 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

We are in a good position to really maximize our assets here. Darnold can only bring back a second rounder. The No. 2 could really help us become a much better team, much more quickly.

That is hopefully what the plan is. Just because Wilson seems like the clear No. 2 pick does not mean we have to take him. Name your price, let people fight for that pick.

Otherwise, we will be watching Alex Lewis and Greg Van Roten try to prevent Zach Wilson from decapitation as a rookie.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

Isn't it clear to you by now that's not what's transpiring here?

Ice cold takes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

The last QB that had the NFL network guys gushing like this was Josh Allen, who a lot of us, including  myself, we’re afraid to draft because of his level of competition. I’m not making that mistake twice. I’m not passing on a QB upgrade to get deeper at RB and LB. We can still fill holes with the picks we have and nobody says he has to start day one. I said it yesterday, sign Alex Smith and sit Wilson just like the Chiefs did with Mahones. 

Allen’s issues were more Accurwcy than competition. And that proved to be true. He progressed though with good coaching and BUF adding weapons for him.

29 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

My god, we just went through this same damn situation in 2018. Now you all want to do it again with another young QB. 

And all this because of a pro day???

How is it the same? Different FO and coaching staff. The only thing that is the same is that we whiffed on a QB in 2018. Are we supposed to never draft one?  Even you don’t believe that. I agree we should not start any QB regardless of draft position but we need to fill the hole at the most important position in football. AND it can be done concurrently with upgrading the O which of we DO NOT need more picks in 2021 and 2022 to accomplish. We CAN fix the OG this year. We CAN fix RB, if it even needs it, which I believe a decent 3rd pick will do. WR is somewhat done. TE can use help, but it can wait until next year or later in the draft. What else on O do we need?  I know OT. Fant will work out just fine as this new O scheme plays more to his athletic talents. Remember he is a converted TE. If he fails, fine get a RT next year. There will be another Sewell and Slater in 2022.

And I am not drooling over his pro day. He is showing what he did in games. Confirmation if you will.  I should think you and others know many of us well enough to know that we do a bit more than just looks at stats and underwear Olympics. We watch games and videos. We compare prospects. Believe it or not many of us put thought and effort into this. So what if we get a little excited over an inconsequential event. We lve football and our Jets.