2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I would even take a chance on Jason Peters if he still wants to play...he could be a great mentor for the tackles while playing guard. 

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is also another guy with an unknown future. The Chiefs seem to be moving on because they now have Thuney for LG, Long or Wylie at RG and Allegretti at C. I don't know if he wants to play anymore, but he could be worth a sixth rounder to find out?

LDT is tough to figure.   Wylie can play RT.   Still flexible there.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We didn't need to spend more money, we only need a couple starters on offense and it is very possible that a few of them are on the roster already. 

Of course, because we are that team that lucks out with hidden talent.

The staff might see Clark as one OG going forward, this draft is loaded with IOL and we can add another and then you have your OL and some will say Clark is unproven but so is the rookie we draft. And if we add a vet well how much juice does he have left. This fan base would have been heated playing Blake Hance at OG and then Cleveland took him off our practice squad and almost went to the AFCCG with him playing Guard. 

• Like 1

I think we can all agree the Bills have done a great job building around Allen.

Here were the Bills starters Allen’s Rookie year.

RB: McCoy, Ivory

TE: Charles Clay

WR: Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Robert Foster

OL: I can list them but pretty much A bunch of guys that needed to be turned over. Except Dion Dawkins. But that’s 4 spots that needed to be upgraded.

Defense: Top 10 defense. They’ve had a really good defense the entire time.

The Jets supporting cast on offense today is much further along than the Bills were in 2018. The 

The Jets current situation is not the same situation we brought Darnold into.

It really is going to come down to drafting. How well do we use those other 4 top 100 picks? How well do we use the pick we get for Darnold?

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Yeah, we have only been 10 years without a playoff appearance, and 51 without a Super Bowl. 

No biggie.

Was 9-7 too much to ask, with all of our money and draft capital? Was 8-8?

Hell, is being a very competitive team in every game too much to ask for?

A rookie Week 1 starting quarterback pushes everything back to 2022 even before training camp.

I have been blocking that scar because you think about that you get depressed.

Just now, SDotNova said:

I think we can all agree the Bills have done a great job building around Allen.

Here were the Bills starters Allen’s Rookie year.

RB: McCoy, Ivory

TE: Charles Clay

WR: Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Robert Foster

OL: I can list them but pretty much A bunch of guys that needed to be turned over. Except Dion Dawkins. But that’s 4 spots that needed to be upgraded.

Defense: Top 10 defense. They’ve had a really good defense the entire time.

The Jets supporting cast on offense today is much further along than the Bills were in 2018. The 

The Jets current situation is not the same situation we brought Darnold into. 

Not to mention, FO mess was cleaned up before drafting Allen.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

My Realistic Dream draft:

R1: Zach Wilson

R1: Wyatt Davis

R2: Asante Samuel Jr.

R3: Kenny Yeboah

R3: Michael Carter

R4: Cornell Powell

R5: Shaka Toney

R5: Aaron Banks

R6: Ben Mason

I don't think Davis will be taken in 1st.  Samuel Jr definitely will.   Overally, it could work.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Right. They cleaned up the organization. But if Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh aren’t legit, then we are f’ed regardless of what we do at QB.

And we probably have to put Bobby and Jags on ignore list.   Series of tormenting Jets will be brutal for sure. lol.

Edit... Doumeyer something too.   He is dangerous.

Edited by JetsandI

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The fact that Wilson’s breakout season came with no fans is something I hadn’t really considered 

I don’t care too much about that. There’s no question the kid has talent. As I’ll repeat. Even when you watch his highlight real... watch each throw and think to yourself... if this was against an SEC CB... would that have been a completion. His arm talent is there. But I question this really good accuracy everyone says he has as well as his stats.