2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I don’t care too much about that. There’s no question the kid has talent. As I’ll repeat. Even when you watch his highlight real... watch each throw and think to yourself... if this was against an SEC CB... would that have been a completion. His arm talent is there. But I question this really good accuracy everyone says he has as well as his stats.

They all have talent. Literally every top QB prospect has talent. What makes him stand out? His numbers better be good, he played behind one of the best offensive lines against garbage defenses. But the “arm talent” outweighs that to those who have fallen in love with him.

and yes. There are definitely throws I saw where an NFL DB would make a play 

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

They all have talent. Literally every top QB prospect has talent. What makes him stand out? His numbers better be good, he played behind one of the best offensive lines against garbage defenses. But the “arm talent” outweighs that to those who have fallen in love with him.

and yes. There are definitely throws I saw where an NFL DB would make a play 

I agree. Mac Jones isn’t getting love Bc he isn’t mobile and had great talent around him. So? Brady, Brees, etc all aren’t mobile. They’re pretty good. He had great talent around him. Ya so. He can’t control that. So penalize him Bc he came from a good program? Not for me.

Wilsons can’t control what team he plays or the talent around him either.

BUT....... offenses sure do have the advantage when it comes to this. So it’s not as simple as well the Park are he threw to weren’t like the ones Jones threw to. Of course not. But the CBs Wilson went against were vastly worse than that of what Jones threw against. And the offense has the advantage.

My only point to this. Is that Wilson isn’t clearly better than Darnold IMO. Darnold is a Jet. Wilson isn’t. I’ll cheer for the guy on our roster and make his situation better before I’ll cheer for the prospect.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Creed Humphrey is a guy I like a lot in this class. Gives us flexibility to let the best man win at C and the other play G between him and McGovern. He could be had maybe in the early 3rd. But not sure he slips that far. 

Love him. Was just thinking about posting about Humphrey. He’s drawn Mangold comparisons by some pundits. Best center in the draft and probably a day one starter. I’d be fine with him at 23 to be honest ( though 34 would be better). 

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wentz was MVP until he got hurt. 13 years ago? Someone mentioned Ryan Leaf lol

Yes that was me, talking about who the head coach was for the incoming 1 and 2 picks.

My point was normally I would follow the trend of rookie QB/coach combos not working.  If we can only point out Flacco and Harbaugh 13 years ago then the odds are Saleh plus rookie will not work out.  However, I think this has the potential to work out due to Saleh and LaFleur.  It all comes down to if Wilson/rookie is willing to put in the work and be a football junkie.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Yeah on paper we actually do have a nice WR Core, liked to add a rookie to that group but Davis, Mims, Crowder, Cole, Vyn Smith, Rookie, Berrios is a really solid group. All eyes need to be on that OL and CB group

Speedy rookie and huge sleeper Lawrence Cager who looked solid before getting hurt.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes that was me, talking about who the head coach was for the incoming 1 and 2 picks.

My point was normally I would follow the trend of rookie QB/coach combos not working.  If we can only point out Flacco and Harbaugh 13 years ago then the odds are Saleh plus rookie will not work out.  However, I think this has the potential to work out due to Saleh and LaFleur.  It all comes down to if Wilson/rookie is willing to put in the work and be a football junkie.

We can point out more than Harbaugh and Flacco.

Its also a point that is easy to disregard. No situation is fool proof and as I said it’s not necessarily about the decision you make but those you make after that fact. 

I'd actually be upset with the Jets if they accepted SF offer.  We would miss out on top 5 and then top 10 talent which we need.  We would miss out on QB if that's what we want to go with.  Then our future picks would likely be late 20s.  It's fine for Miami and their situation.  But it wouldn't have done us any good IMO.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

People are trying to tell me that just because Zach Wilson would be picked second, that he would not automatically start Week 1. Give me a break. If they are not taking offers for No. 2, this is their guy. They are going to take him, start him without any competition (just like Darnold) and Week 1 he is the guy...just like Darnold was. 

You got any stock picks you can let us know about?  What else does your crystal ball say?

I do find it odd that most mock drafts and people who know JD mostly all have us going RB at 23. Some Etienne, some Harris. But I think there’s something to that. Along with us doing nearly nothing there in FA. I think I saw that like 400k of Coleman’s deal is guaranteed. And Johnson and Adams I’m sure have nearly nothing guaranteed either.

• Like 1