2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

18 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

What makes you think he won’t?

I am hoping Saleh and company are smart enough to know that throwing a rookie QB into a somewhat unsettled situation is not smart. Most rookie QB’s, at least of late, don’t start right away. Don’t quote me on that.  JD and Saleh are not on the hot seat. JD seems to be a patient calculating, individual. Almost a foil to Saleh. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am hoping Saleh and company are smart enough to know that throwing a rookie QB into a somewhat unsettled situation is not smart. Most rookie QB’s, at least of late, don’t start right away. Don’t quote me on that.  JD and Saleh are not on the hot seat. JD seems to be a patient calculating, individual. Almost a foil to Saleh. 

Then who’s going to start the season if we trade Darnold?

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Then who’s going to start the season if we trade Darnold?

I am not completely convinced we are trading Sam. He can start, maybe build up his resume, and we trade him before the deadline. Or we can keep him and let him play most of the season if he is doing OK and maybe get a comp pick in 2023. It could also be that our vet QB is not in the roster yet. There will be cuts before TC.  As of right now all we have is White and Morgan. Neither inspire any confidence at all, but I am willing to wait and see what JD does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am not completely convinced we are trading Sam. He can start, maybe build up his resume, and we trade him before the deadline. Or we can keep him and let him play most of the season if he is doing OK and maybe get a comp pick in 2023. It could also be that our vet QB is not in the roster yet. There will be cuts before TC.  As of right now all we have is White and Morgan. Neither inspire any confidence at all, but I am willing to wait and see what JD does. 

I agree with this. 

who knows though, if Wilson is the prodigy some on here are making him out to be maybe he will be ready 

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I agree with this. 

who knows though, if Wilson is the prodigy some on here are making him out to be maybe he will be ready 

I am just not a fan of any rookie QB starting game 1. Since we do not have a playoff mandate, why rush it. 

16 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If Morgan is far enough along, he can start the 1st 4-8 games if need be. Only the Jets know how far along he is. But if he’s ready, I’d be ok watching him knowing that we have our #2 pick waiting in the wings.

lol... James Morgan will start 0 games for the Jets

*unless through injuries

Edited by GangGreen420

22 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am just not a fan of any rookie QB starting game 1. Since we do not have a playoff mandate, why rush it. 

It’s the territory with being a top 2 pick at QB for a NY team. If they move Darnold, he’s 100% the starter on opening day. 

and I’ve seen that play out enough already 

32 minutes ago, xrade said:

Can't do that to Sam.  The first bad throw and people will be calling for Wilson.  It's an impossible situation.  Never gonna happen.  Plus we could use the pick we get for him to help the rookie.

Rookies start all the time game 1.  Unless there is reason not to start him he likely suits up game one.  Like you said no playoff mandate so let him take his lumps.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Can't do that to Sam.  The first bad throw and people will be calling for Wilson.  It's an impossible situation.  Never gonna happen.  Plus we could use the pick we get for him to help the rookie.

Rookies start all the time game 1.  Unless there is reason not to start him he likely suits up game one.  Like you said no playoff mandate so let him take his lumps.

This is just repeating the recipe for failure we just endured last time. Is Wilson that good that he can buck the trend? It’s the same offense plus Corey Davis. Weren’t you advocating that all Sam needed last year was an offensive line and the weapons were good enough? Well the line is terrible 

I truly hope Adam Gase and his system were the biggest issue this team had 

17 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yes you either roll with Sam or draft a guy and he’s starting. If you don’t think the guy you’re drafting at 2 a good enough to start and he’s healthy.... then you shouldn’t be drafting him.