2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Now that the # 2 pick is set thanks to the Miami trade, proved that Douglas is not trading down. I am sure the 49ers ask for our #2 pick there is no way why they didn't ask the Jets first about  a trade. The big question is who do we take at 23 and 34??? My chose would be a offensive guard & running back, unless a top WR was still on the board and the chances of that are slim and none. This is Douglas chance to make up for a mediocre FA period. He has the picks to do it.

Whoever will be taken at next 3 picks they will be at least starters.  That's all that matter.

29 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Damn.   Josh Ball's athletic test got me excited.   I have thought of taking him in 4th as BPA until I saw this article

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742974-fsu-ol-josh-ball-accused-of-dating-violence-in-filing-for-legal-protection

Have to look for elsewhere for a developmental OT.

The article was from 2017. Has there been any issues with him since then?  I am not excusing his behavior, but what was the ultimate outcome of this?  Will it really have an impact on his NFL future?

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Whoever will be taken at next 3 picks they will be at least starters.  That's all that matter.

There is a strong possibility at our first five picks in the draft will be starters. And that is only our first three rounds.

I still find it funny that some people think that Zack Wilson pro day moved him over T Law. If the Jags take Wilson over Law I woulld be so excited. I wonder if JD is keeping pick 2 because he thinks their is a chance that the Jags take Wislon. I think Law will be 1.

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still find it funny that some people think that Zack Wilson pro day moved him over T Law. If the Jags take Wilson over Law I woulld be so excited. I wonder if JD is keeping pick 2 because he thinks their is a chance that the Jags take Wislon. I think Law will be 1.

People are saying this?

So far I’ve only seen Chris Simms put Wilson above Lawrence and that was before pro days.

If someone is putting Wilson above Lawrence because of a pro day, that analyst should be fired.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

The article was from 2017. Has there been any issues with him since then?  I am not excusing his behavior, but what was the ultimate outcome of this?  Will it really have an impact on his NFL future?

Dunno.   It looked like homesick caused his erratic behavior. I have not found anything more than that since he stayed closer to family.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

There is a strong possibility at our first five picks in the draft will be starters. And that is only our first three rounds.

Can't guarantee that but all picks prior 4th could make good contribution in starting or reserve, barring trading up which could burn a couple of good picks.

I think we should be discussing what we are doing with our 2nd 1st rounder now, because I think its a forgone conclusion that Zach Wilson will be our pick at #2. 

We get to reset the clock on the rookie QB contract, I think signing Alex Smith would be a smart move. 

That 2nd first I'm looking at CB, RB, or OG. 

29 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well, JD still have Fields pro day and draft to trade out of #2 for greater return.

Assuming SF made same offer to Jets at #2 I think that might be the biggest return they could expect.  It seems like the fact that both the SF and Phil trades occurred on same day as Wilson's workout seems like pretty strong evidence that they got confirmation that Jets were not trading out.

40 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Can't guarantee that but all picks prior 4th could make good contribution in starting or reserve, barring trading up which could burn a couple of good picks.

That right, even that fourth round pick is high in the fourth round. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think we should be discussing what we are doing with our 2nd 1st rounder now, because I think its a forgone conclusion that Zach Wilson will be our pick at #2. 

We get to reset the clock on the rookie QB contract, I think signing Alex Smith would be a smart move. 

That 2nd first I'm looking at CB, RB, or OG. 

Hard to tell who will be there still. But our needs will be OG, RB, CB mainly there. So I think we go in one of those 3 directions there.

The biggest needs at this point are IOL(2) and CBs(2).  Following that may be WR and LB .... RBC may be taken lower in draft.  Considerering this may be at least a 2 year rebuild not sure if we should try to fix everything at once.  The strong points in this years drafts seem to be CB and OL so loading up on these among the 1st four picks seems wise.  Protecting QB is top priority.  We can fill remaining holes in next years draft.  Really think Wilson should sit until OL proves itself capable even if he has talent to start from Day 1.