2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Word is the supplemental draft this year could be pretty loaded, names like Travis Etienne, Devonta Smith etc

Teams are gonna have to make some hard decisions, because your gonna have to commit a pretty high selection to take a guy say like Smith, 1st round most likely and if your season goes terribly, you may have just committed say a top 5 pick on a guy that prob wasnt worth that high of a selection.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Word is the supplemental draft this year could be pretty loaded, names like Travis Etienne, Devonta Smith etc

Teams are gonna have to make some hard decisions, because your gonna have to commit a pretty high selection to take a guy say like Smith, 1st round most likely and if your season goes terribly, you may have just committed say a top 5 pick on a guy that prob wasnt worth that high of a selection.

I’d pull the trigger on Devonta Smith so quick bro

I feel like I want next years draft to be flipped in the first 2 rounds.   WR in the first regardless of how Mims does.   I want dominant weapons.   Next in the 2nd round I'd want to take the best interior offensive linemen around.   In the 2nd you can usually get the 2nd or 3rd OL off the board.   We're not nearly done with this OL.  The only other thing I could probably stomach is an edge in the first, but I feel like this D should be able to find ways to be pretty good.  The offense needs help,  is been ignored for years. 

Edited by rampantjet

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I’d pull the trigger on Devonta Smith so quick bro

Sounds good on paper, but the pessimist in me says what happens if Darnold gets hurt early in the season and have to ride it out with Fales or Morgan and wind up with maybe even the 1st overall pick and wound up using it on Smith, who is really good but not a top 3 kind of guy.

If the supplemental draft does wind up being loaded, its really set up for the good, established teams like the Saints, Chiefs, 49ers, Patriots to take risks, because even if it doesnt work out great, still only lost what would most likely be a late 20s, 30s type selection

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of prospects going for supplemental draft but I do have problem with too many options.  No way for Jets to abandon most of 2021 draft for 2020 supplemental draft prospect.  For me, if Penei Sewell is available, I will waste no time and place 1st round on him.

Think NFL will create new regular Draft (ranking based on how much spent in FA) if there are at least 45 hot prospects going to pro before 2020 season.   2 or 3 rounds on Saturday?

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, JetsandI said:

I like the idea of prospects going for supplemental draft but I do have problem with too many options.  No way for Jets to abandon most of 2021 draft for 2020 supplemental draft prospect.  For me, if Penei Sewell is available, I will waste no time and place 1st round on him.

Think NFL will create new regular Draft (ranking based on how much spent in FA) if there are at least 45 hot prospects going to pro before 2020 season.   2 or 3 rounds on Saturday?

That makes sense. The NFL and NFLPA would have to agree on some new pay scale probably between what the bottom half of the 1st and 3rd. 

50 of the top 100 prospects listed by the draft network were eligible for the 2020 draft. Most of them would probably have  been  picked from the middle of the 1st to the 5th. If they are all allowed to enter the current supplemental draft, I think it will give an unfair advantage to playoff teams since teams like us (who could end up with a top ten pick) might not want to use it on a Smith, Humphrey, Leatherwood,Wade, Etienne or Moss while teams like San Fran, Seattle, KC might jump on them feeling that that caliber of player probably wouldn’t  be available at the end round 1.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

One of the top WR in the draft Justyn Ross will miss all of 2021 bc of a bad neck spine injury. 

How ready you are to call him out for both 20 and 21. lol.    Anyway, doctors are mixed on his congenital fusion in his neck/spinal area.  NFL career is on pause. 

Have a good recovery, Mr. Ross.