2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be surprised if Etienne or Harris were there at 34. But I’d be excited if one did.

Idk who takes a RB in the 20s and cant see anyone going before that. Look at the board.

20- Bears- Montgomery

21- Colts- Taylor

22- Titans- Henry

23- Jets- 

24- Steelers- maybe but I doubt it

25- Jags- Robinson

26- Browns- Chubb/Hunt

27- Ravens- Dobbins

28- Saints- Kamara

29- Packers- Jones

30- Bills- Singletary/Moss

31- Chiefs- Edwards-Helaire

32- Bucs- Fournette

33- Jags- Robinson

34- AND HERE'S WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be surprised if Etienne or Harris were there at 34. But I’d be excited if one did.

Me too,, but if he is still on the board we must draft him not only is he a stronger runner he is a outstanding pass receiver coming out of the backfield. It has been to long since we had a player like that. who was the last one LT we got from the Chargers. I though when we got Bell, that would be a huge plus for Darnold, but he was a total bust, and please don't tell me we can get one in the fourth or fifth rounds and that sure hasn't work for seven years.

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk who takes a RB in the 20s and cant see anyone going before that. Look at the board.

20- Bears- Montgomery

21- Colts- Taylor

22- Titans- Henry

23- Jets- 

25- Jags- Robinson

26- Browns- Chubb/Hunt

27- Ravens- Dobbins

28- Saints- Kamara

29- Packers- Jones

32- Bucs- Fournette

33- Jags- Robinson

True. But a trade up or something always shakes things up. As well as a team surprising someone with their pick. Like I could totally see TB drafting one of them. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah we aren’t getting a 2 for Darnold lol. We have to start being realistic. 

So do we keep him and hope he goes up in value throughout the season? If he lights it up, do we give him the tag and trade him for high value, or do you keep him and see if he can repeat?

On the other hand, he could always tank in value even more.

Tough spot.

41 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I went back and looked at what i though towards the end of last year (2 3rds). I guess I bought into hype that 3 teams were willing to offer a 2nd.

Probably the best scenario is like something like a 3rd and a conditional 2022 pick that says we get X if he is signed at the start of the league year.

A 3rd seems reasonable to me. If he is still a bust, than don’t sign him and that’s it. If he proves himself then another pick in the mid rounds won’t hurt.

Edited by SDotNova

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Probably true.  Maybe hold him until TC and see if an injury happens?

I'd just do the Den 3rd plus a 4 next year that could be a 3 if he resigns or plays 12 games or something like that.

Just pull the trigger on draft day though.  We could use a pick to improve the roster.  A 3rd could land a WR or RB who can contribute or maybe even a CB, OG or LB who can be plug and play possibly.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

We’ve all been assuming Darnold’s trade value is 2nd. Might be closer to a 3rd.

2 ways to look at this.

1. This is true.

2. Totally false. I mean what if the teams that this report is talking about is KC, BUF and GB? Of course they aren't going to give up a valuable pick for Darnold. Now if we're talking about DEN, CAR, WAS.... that value changes.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

2 ways to look at this.

1. This is true.

2. Totally false. I mean what if the teams that this report is talking about is KC, BUF and GB? Of course they aren't going to give up a valuable pick for Darnold. Now if we're talking about DEN, CAR, WAS.... that value changes.

Why on Earth did she ask gm of team that doesn't need new qb?

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

20- Bears- Montgomery

21- Colts- Taylor

22- Titans- Henry

23- Jets- 

25- Jags- Robinson

26- Browns- Chubb/Hunt

27- Ravens- Dobbins

28- Saints- Kamara

29- Packers- Jones

32- Bucs- Fournette

33- Jags- Robinson

Tony Pauline is saying the Dolphins, Bills, and Steelers have Harris high on their list. I know from a bills stand point Singletary/Moss/Breida combo isn't close to what Harris can offer and I will say as a bills fan he will be one of their top targets. Its going to come down to Etienne/Harris/Horn/Rousseau/Samuel imo. If jets are liking the RBs they have the best chance at getting him with pick 23 and then going whatever other position you all need in the 2nd.