2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I really could care less about taking a CB high this year. Stack the offense as much as you can. Worry about defense next year. I want OL (x2), RB, WR, TE all taken care of. Wilson needs to be in as good of a situation as we can with the resources we have. 

Agreed and TBH whether we draft a CB in the 1st or the 3rd/4th we won't notice a difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think Pat Freiermuth is gonna be high in our BB think there’s a shot he’s the Pick at 34

Jacksonville picking twice before our pick at 34 is going to throw a wrench into that plan. They're targeting TE's.

Dude really got mad at the idea of JD still doing his homework a month before the draft. 

I can see this draft going between 55-60% offense. I don't think JD will leave the defense out. As I mentioned before, I don't think you'll be able to win the AFC over the next 5 years with a Flashy offense. We would put our QB in the same situation Brees was in when he was breaking records but only winning 7 games because of the defense. 

Because of Saleh's experience of getting the best out of less (in terms of big contracts and high picks), we may not have to invest a lot into the defense for it to be good. That's if his staff can keep it going. It's going to be interesting to see his approach

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Dude really got mad at the idea of JD still doing his homework a month before the draft. 

I can see this draft going between 55-60% offense. I don't think JD will leave the defense out. As I mentioned before, I don't think you'll be able to win the AFC over the next 5 years with a Flashy offense. We would put our QB in the same situation Brees was in when he was breaking records but only winning 7 games because of the defense. 

Because of Saleh's experience of getting the best out of less (in terms of big contracts and high picks), we may not have to invest a lot into the defense for it to be good. That's if his staff can keep it going. It's going to be interesting to see his approach

No I'm getting mad at the fact that you can't see what the rest of the world can see - that we're taking Wilson at 2. 

JD even said that if we are picking later than 2 that we probably don't make the trade. It's because there's a clear 2nd best QB in this draft and it's Wilson. Either you need your eyes checked or you've never played football before.

Even if you were going BPA, it still maybe hard not to come away with at least two IOL in this draft. Let's say Vera-Tucker is the pick at 23. You still have Slater, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, Aaron Banks, Cleveland, and others still out there. So by the time we hit the 3rd-4th round, there will still be some good options out there that may be hard to pick over. 

2 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

No I'm getting mad at the fact that you can't see what the rest of the world can see - that we're taking Wilson at 2. 

JD even said that if we are picking later than 2 that we probably don't make the trade. It's because there's a clear 2nd best QB in this draft and it's Wilson. Either you need your eyes checked or you've never played football before.

lmao so dramatic. 

I literally just did a mock with Wilson being the pick. I'm not knocking the talent or anything. Just saying that JD could still be doing his research like he was doing when he was at Fields pro-day and it may be too early to assume. Then you come in questioning people's intelligence as if no team in history went another direction from what fans/media thought. But you got it, I'm not going to argue with you about this. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

lmao so dramatic. 

I literally just did a mock with Wilson being the pick. I'm not knocking the talent or anything. Just saying that JD could still be doing his research like he was doing when he was at Fields pro-day and it may be too early to assume. Then you come in questioning people's intelligence as if no team in history went another direction from what fans/media thought. But you got it, I'm not going to argue with you about this. 

Are you sure that Jets didn't send mannequin to Fields' Pro Day? lol.    Speaking of pro day, did Jets attend to Fields' 2nd pro day today?  If no, that leaves T Law and Zach Wilson as top option for #2.

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Even if you were going BPA, it still maybe hard not to come away with at least two IOL in this draft. Let's say Vera-Tucker is the pick at 23. You still have Slater, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, Aaron Banks, Cleveland, and others still out there. So by the time we hit the 3rd-4th round, there will still be some good options out there that may be hard to pick over. 

I don't know if JD will actually double dip on any position.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Are you sure that Jets didn't send mannequin to Fields' Pro Day? lol.    Speaking of pro day, did Jets attend to Fields' 2nd pro day today?  If no, that leaves T Law and Zach Wilson as top option for #2.

lol Sent JD's stunt double to fool us. Amazing CGI work. 

Good question. I can't imagine JD showing up to two. I think 2nd one was for those who went to the Alabama pro-day because it was at the same time. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

I don't know if JD will actually double dip on any position.

He has 10 picks, and if the talent is there, he just might. Especially when it comes to adding protection around Wilson. There is a lot he can do. I can only see him double dipping at OG or LB this year if it was to happen. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Sent JD's stunt double to fool us. Amazing CGI work. 

Good question. I can't imagine JD showing up to two. I think 2nd one was for those who went to the Alabama pro-day because it was at the same time. 

I could not find any new information about 2nd pro day.  

Just now, JetsandI said:

I could not find any new information about 2nd pro day.  

Me either. I remember someone making a joke about how we made the trade right before Field's "Pro-day eve" on twitter, so I thought it was happening today. Media probably stopped following after the first one.