2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I kinda want Creed at 23. I think Pitt takes him if he makes it to them. They just had a steady C for years and I think they’d love to have another. 

I can see that for Pitt. But I also think the may want to replace Dupree. With the number of decent OC they may wait a round. I hope they do. I want Creed at 34 if we pass on iOL at 23. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Would be interesting to see if JD would pick Creed over someone like Vera-Tucker if they're both there. 

I wonder how the Jets view our needs vs our we as fans see them. I have no doubt in my mind Joe views Clark as a piece going forward. 

Factor in scheme and who knows really how he sees it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I wonder how the Jets view our needs vs our we as fans see them. I have no doubt in my mind Joe views Clark as a piece going forward. 

Factor in scheme and who knows really how he sees it. 

Right. 

That's pretty much what I've been saying about a lot of these prospects. I do want to see Clark, but he has signed some vet IOL and this draft is loaded at OG. He very well could go RG + RT in this draft and make everyone else battle for the LG spot. Clark size and mobility wise seems like a perfect fit for this scheme, but we have to see if JD/Saleh are willing to bet on him. 

Although every draft is important, this feels the one we really need. If everyone else in our division widen the gap from us, we're going to be screwed for a while. There is a good chance Buffalo can come away with the right RB and NE comes away with a QB if they trade up. Our division is about to get crazy. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I might be jumping the gun, but on a side note, I really hope Wilson doesn’t wear #1. Just realized that was his college number while watching some highlights. Not a fan. 

I think he will. Looks like it's a number he's worn all his life. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Watched Chris Simms interview with Caleb Farley and I think this kid is going to drop to the late first because of his medicals. Just got the feeling from what he was saying regarding teams. I would run to the podium if he's there at 23. 

Same. I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that would make me hesitate . 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He's my #2 Corner, #7 overall player.

Lawrence-Wilson-Chase-Pitts-Surtain-Slater-Farley

He's my #2 CB as well, but is my #1 in terms of scheme fit. I don't have a complete ranking, but Pitts, Parsons, Farley, Rousseau, Fields, Horn, Chase, and Smith are probably my favorites. I haven't watched enough Slater. 

Came across this earlier. 

Each player’s percentile rank in the category among qualified FBS cornerbacks is also listed.

*an asterisk denotes a player whose stats are from the 2019 season.

Caleb Farley: 26.8 (99th percentile)*
Greg Newsome: 31.7 (98th)
Eric Stokes: 43.6 (95th)
Asante Samuel Jr.: 46.2 (94th)
Jaycee Horn: 54.9 (90th)
Patrick Surtain: 67.4 (78th)
Paulson Adebo: 77.7 (68th)*
Trill Williams: 80.1 (63rd)
Ifeatu Melifonwu: 94.9 (43rd)
Aaron Robinson: 101.0 (34th)
Benjamin St. Juste: 102.9 (32nd)
Israel Mukuamu: 118.8 (19th)

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He's my #2 CB as well, but is my #1 in terms of scheme fit. I don't have a complete ranking, but Pitts, Parsons, Farley, Rousseau, Fields, Horn, Chase, and Smith are probably my favorites. I haven't watched enough Slater. 

Came across this earlier. 

Each player’s percentile rank in the category among qualified FBS cornerbacks is also listed.

*an asterisk denotes a player whose stats are from the 2019 season.

Caleb Farley: 26.8 (99th percentile)*
Greg Newsome: 31.7 (98th)
Eric Stokes: 43.6 (95th)
Asante Samuel Jr.: 46.2 (94th)
Jaycee Horn: 54.9 (90th)
Patrick Surtain: 67.4 (78th)
Paulson Adebo: 77.7 (68th)*
Trill Williams: 80.1 (63rd)
Ifeatu Melifonwu: 94.9 (43rd)
Aaron Robinson: 101.0 (34th)
Benjamin St. Juste: 102.9 (32nd)
Israel Mukuamu: 118.8 (19th)

Yeah the back thing is really the only thing that has him slightly behind Surtain. I love them both, Parsons, Philips and Paye.

This is a really good Corner class overall too.