2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

18 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah the back thing is really the only thing that has him slightly behind Surtain. I love them both, Parsons, Philips and Paye.

This is a really good Corner class overall too. 

I keep forgetting about Payne. Class is perfect for our needs at the moment. I have a good feeling about what JD will do. 

If Farley is there, I seriously can't think of a better offensive prospect we should take over him that could possibly be there. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I keep forgetting about Payne. Class is perfect for our needs at the moment. I have a good feeling about what JD will do. 

If Farley is there, I seriously can't think of a better offensive prospect we should take over him that could possibly be there. 

AVT

• Like 2

Newsome is a fav of mine at CB and here's why...

What for me separated Revis from other CBs was several things obviously. But what stood out was his hips. And for me it's tough to find a better CB in this class with better hips than Newsome. His ball skills aren't as good as some of the other top guys. But I think that can be coached in him. You cant teach hip quickness. 

Newsome is really climbing the boards. I can see him picked before Farley. I still don’t think any of the (now) top 4 CB’s will drop to 23. At this point, if all 4 are gone, I am not sure any other is worthy of the 23 or 34 pick. Stokes at 34 maybe?  If we get OG at 23, I’d like to drop down a little from 34 then revisit the CB’s. Or just wait until round 3. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I don't see how will Jets take CB in 1st.

With all things it depends on the value. CB is the only position we didn't touch in Free agency, we added a S, EDGE, DT & LB. 

Will it be a 1st round get, probably not but cant exactly rule it out if a guy is there. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Freiermuth at 34 is what I want

I don’t get all the love for Pat. He just reminds me of a Hockenson type TE. Maybe 500-700 yds and < 10 TD’s per year. Wouldn’t a guy like Treble later on be better value?  Now if you told me he was going to be another Kittles, I would absolutely look at him at 34. But TE’s just don’t seem to develop that way.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Me either. Just doesn’t make sense.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope its IOL

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

With all things it depends on the value. CB is the only position we didn't touch in Free agency, we added a S, EDGE, DT & LB. 

Will it be a 1st round get, probably not but cant exactly rule it out if a guy is there. 

I think JD will make an attempt to draft prospects in 1st to stay with Jets beyond rookie contracts.   CB and RB are probably most volatile positions for new contracts.  OL is the least.

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don’t get all the love for Pat. He just reminds me of a Hockenson type TE. Maybe 500-700 yds and < 10 TD’s per year. Wouldn’t a guy like Treble later on be better value?  Now if you told me he was going to be another Kittles, I would absolutely look at him at 34. But TE’s just don’t seem to develop that way.

TE in 2nd is not out of question but drafting him instead of Samuel will be a catastrophic mistake.

8 minutes ago, xrade said:

He's a very talented receiving TE who can block. Before the season started... he was looked at on the same level as Pitts. Now obviously Pitts seems superior... but Pat was done no favors this year at PSU with a lot of changes made there. From a talent perspective... he'd be a great addition for us. Can easily be that Kittle type for us (not saying he will for sure get to that level)... but he has the skill set to do that. And we know the system will utilize him.

I really like him at 34 if he's still there.