2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Zach Wilson be heavily critiqued his rookie year unlike Sam who’s still getting excuses thrown his way into year 4. It’s unfortunate but a nature of the beast I guess. Either way history doesn’t tell us anything about how our future looks. 

Mahomes falling outside the top 10 doesn’t tell me to wait to grab one, it tells me to not overthink it and if I like a guy then go get him. Teams overthought with Mahomes and Watson and passed on them. Same with Allen and Lamar and other teams benefited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

If Farley is there then he’d be my pick. 

I'd be a huge fan of moving back a few spots at grabbing Newsome II if Harris, Surtain, and Horn are all gone. 

I get the feeling Fairly's injury concerns will have him fall. I also dont see JD using a prime pick on anyone with existing medical concerns. This team cant afford to waste a 1st on a guy who may not be healthy. We just dont have the talent to overcome if he cant play. 

I think there’s no way Surtain or Horn are there at 23.

But I’ll still stand by that OL is bigger for us. And I can’t see all the lineman that I view worthy of that 23rd pick gone by then. I also think that a lot of the mid round CBs have very similar skills sets to the elite guys in this class. I think Saleh and the defensive coaches can coach them to that high level. I also think OL is a better long term investment for a 1st round pick. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there’s no way Surtain or Horn are there at 23.

But I’ll still stand by that OL is bigger for us. And I can’t see all the lineman that I view worthy of that 23rd pick gone by then. I also think that a lot of the mid round CBs have very similar skills sets to the elite guys in this class. I think Saleh and the defensive coaches can coach them to that high level. I also think OL is a better long term investment for a 1st round pick. 

What OL would you expect to be around at 23 but not 34?

42 minutes ago, xrade said:

What OL would you expect to be around at 23 but not 34?

It’s more about who I think is worthy of that pick. And Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, AVT, Humphrey and Jenkins I think are all talent wise worth that pick. And I think OL is a bigger need for us than CB. I still think we need a CB... but as I stated. A lot of these mid round guys fit that bigger body, physical style CBs that I think fit our scheme.

I know many of you don’t want to hear this but I can see OLB at 23. Come next year, we will only have 2 OLB on the roster - Cashman and Phillips. Neither of which inspires confidence. I consider Huff and Zuniga a DE. Also, Saleh likes LB’s for his D. If Collins is there at 23, he may be the pick. I don’t think there are any other LB worthy of pick 23, but who knows what theses guys see sometimes. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It’s more about who I think is worthy of that pick. And Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, AVT, Humphrey and Jenkins I think are all talent wise worth that pick. And I think OL is a bigger need for us than CB. I still think we need a CB... but as I stated. A lot of these mid round guys fit that bigger body, physical style CBs that I think fit our scheme.

I understand but the question was who do you think will be there at 23 and not 34?

I agree on OL being a major need for us and I will be happy with one at 23 or 34. All this you mentioned save Creed will most likely be gone by 23.