2021 Draft Thread

14 hours ago, xrade said:

I just don’t see the need for DE that high this year. On D, boundary CB, OLB. I think there will be a good iOL available at 34. If there is no CB or OLB worthy of 23, just play it safe and draft the best OL. Better yet, trade down a bit.

It may not be a need, but if JD & Saleh see one of those DE's as a star/difference maker, it's going to happen. Of course there would have to be a large gap between the DE & the best Oline available. My favorite example is the Rams picking Greg Robinson at OT because it was their biggest need, but missed Khalil Mack. They could have came out of that first round with Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald in 2014. 

As long as the talent is there, I'm all for going any position. I just have to see who are the options to compare. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It may not be a need, but if JD & Saleh see one of those DE's as a star/difference maker, it's going to happen. Of course there would have to be a large gap between the DE & the best Oline available. My favorite example is the Rams picking Greg Robinson at OT because it was their biggest need, but missed Khalil Mack. They could have came out of that first round with Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald in 2014. 

As long as the talent is there, I'm all for going any position. I just have to see who are the options to compare. 

Yeah.. Jets have 6 high picks so they could afford to get highest graded BPA for 2nd 1st round pick. 

Perhaps Jets could afford to draft 2 qbs in 1st round.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. Jets have 6 high picks so they could afford to get highest graded BPA for 2nd 1st round pick. 

Perhaps Jets could afford to draft 2 qbs in 1st round.

giphy.gif

Sudden realization stunned GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 1
Just now, JetsandI said:

So that way we can continue to fiercely debate about which qb is best for Jets. lol.

lol Just say the word and I'll go on a rant about how Fields is the best to heat things up in here. I might do a quick mock with Fields as the pick just to really get people mad. 

• Like 1

OT Walker Little is an intriguing prospect. I like him for a 3rd rounder. A guy with 1st round talent when he last played. The only issue being that when he last played was 2018 where he was incredible and the start of 2019 where he got injured early on and missed pretty much the whole season. And then elected to sit out 2020. A possible steal in that 3rd Round area. Also a guy that could go higher then we think if teams are ok with his medical and really believe in the 2018 tape. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

OT Walker Little is an intriguing prospect. I like him for a 3rd rounder. A guy with 1st round talent when he last played. The only issue being that when he last played was 2018 where he was incredible and the start of 2019 where he got injured early on and missed pretty much the whole season. And then elected to sit out 2020. A possible steal in that 3rd Round area. Also a guy that could go higher then we think if teams are ok with his medical and really believe in the 2018 tape. 

You would probably love Tankathons most recent mock. They have us taking him at 66. 

33 minutes ago, xrade said:

You would probably love Tankathons most recent mock. They have us taking him at 66. 

I like CB with that 3rd (Campbell and Robinson I really like in that range). I’d look at him more with that SEA 3rd. But in all honesty... I think he will be gone by then. Some team will think he’s a 1st round talent and take a shot on him in around 2 or early 3rd IMO

18 hours ago, xrade said:

Just to spark a little conversation during these lean football news times, I will pose a question.

What FRP or picks do you think has the highest bust potential?  Bust being defined as definitely not living up to draft status not necessarily out of the league in a few years. Also bust potential can be due to lack of talent, medical, or bad system fit.

For me it’s Mac Jones and Jalen Waddle  My reasons:  Jones will be another Bama FRP QB who will make a living being a subpar starter but will last a long time bouncing around as a backup  Waddle has just never showed the ability to take over a game on a team stacked with O firepower  He will make a living, certainly, but not at the mid first round draft pick level. He will really need to go to a team that has a good QB and will use him well. 

Nothing in this? No one has an opinion?  Hmmm. Then I have no choice but to conclude you all agree with me on this. Damn , I’m good. 

31 minutes ago, xrade said:

Nothing in this? No one has an opinion?  Hmmm. Then I have no choice but to conclude you all agree with me on this. Damn , I’m good. 

I like Jones. Lance is the bigger bust potential for me. Overall its a pretty talented draft class... so its hard to predict.

But if I had to pick... I'd say 1 of the edges never gets to that regular 10 sack guy. Like Paye, Ossai, Ojulari, Oweh. For me none of these guys impress me much. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But if I had to pick... I'd say 1 of the edges never gets to that regular 10 sack guy. Like Paye, Ossai, Ojulari, Oweh. For me none of these guys impress me much. 

Paye and maybe Ossai are the only first round potential picks IMO. It is the same reason I did not select Rousseau. I don’t think he will be selected in round 1, but if he was, yeah bust potential. 

Looks like Josh McCown jumped on the Wilson is better than T Law train. I see more and more going this way. I still think I would be shocked if T Law was not numner 1. I do agree that Wilson does have a higer celing than T Law and if Wilson hits that high mark he will be better than T Law. You have to take Wilson over Fields at 2. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Sudden realization stunned GIF - Find on GIFER

In 1965 the Jets took two QB's in their first three high picks in the draft that year.  They took Joe Namath & John Huarte, the Heisman Trophy winner. I don't think you will ever see that happen again.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

In 1965 the Jets took two QB's in their first three high picks in the draft that year.  They took Joe Namath & John Huarte, the Heisman Trophy winner. I don't think you will ever see that happen again.

WAS did it is 20212 when they traded a ton away to move up and get RG3 and then drafted Cousins in Round 4 (there 3rd pick of the draft). And the rest is history on whos had the better career. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

WAS did it is 20212 when they traded a ton away to move up and get RG3 and then drafted Cousins in Round 4 (there 3rd pick of the draft). And the rest is history on whos had the better career. 

Yea, this whole draft thing is a crap shot. Going back look a some off our top draft picks that failed. and it is not only us all teams have the same problem. A lot of high rated players are a product of the system they played in. That is why it is so hard to have a argument what player to pick, you just never know till they get into the Pros.