2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, mattmanz91 said:

It's gonna be really interesting if Jenkins, Collins and Newsome are available at 23. In that scenario I think Jenkins is the pick but who knows. 

That’s when the coin flipping starts in the Jets war room. 

• Like 1

JD showed his cards last week when he said if we had the 3rd pick, Darnold would still be our QB. Meaning he only has eyes for 2 guys. And 1 we know is TLaw. So I'm sure Wilson is the other. He must not be sold on Fields, Lance or Jones.

So sending scouts to any more QB pro days is a PR move. 

• Like 1

I think people will be shocked at how far Justin Fields drops. I think he falls outside the top 10. 

1. Jags T-Law

2. Jets Z. Wilson

3. 49ers M. Jones

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Cinn - Sewell

6. Miami - Chase

7. Lions - D. Smith

8. Panthers - Slater

9. Denver - T. Lance

10. Dallas - Farley

11.. Giants - Parsons

12. Phil - Waddle

13. Chargers - Surtain

14. Vikings - Fields 

16 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think people will be shocked at how far Justin Fields drops. I think he falls outside the top 10. 

1. Jags T-Law

2. Jets Z. Wilson

3. 49ers M. Jones

4. Falcons - Pitts

5. Cinn - Sewell

6. Miami - Chase

7. Lions - D. Smith

8. Panthers - Slater

9. Denver - T. Lance

10. Dallas - Farley

11.. Giants - Parsons

12. Phil - Waddle

13. Chargers - Surtain

14. Vikings - Fields 

And that would make a lot of teams making a mistake IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And that would make a lot of teams making a mistake IMO.

Could be but the scouts and media seem to have turned cold on him and usually when that happens a week or two before the draft it is not good. Usually by now you have a good idea where guys will fall and his range is going to be outside the top 10. I don't think a team even trades up for him. The Vikings take a shot at him beacsue Cousins is not the answer and he can sit behind Cousins for a year and then you can move on and see what Fields has. The Vikings is a perfect spot for him too. He will be good if this happens but if a team grabs him and thinks he can start day 1 you will have ANOTHER QB that will fail. He is not a wek 1 starter. I think only T Law is and I really don't want the Jets to start Wilson week 1 but they will and make the mistake like all other GM's by not having him sit that first year and learn the plays and the pressure outside being an NFL guy that has a lot of money and women always wanting to be with you. This is a lot to take in as a 21 year old. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

JD showed his cards last week when he said if we had the 3rd pick, Darnold would still be our QB. Meaning he only has eyes for 2 guys. And 1 we know is TLaw. So I'm sure Wilson is the other. He must not be sold on Fields, Lance or Jones.

So sending scouts to any more QB pro days is a PR move. 

Look that way.

Outside the box theory is JD may reserve first 2 picks for qb only. Timing and value are right for Jets' qb situation.  3rd pick is tradeable for any team that wants qb badly.  Pitts or Chase would be an excellent pick if there was no trade for #3.

Sending scouts or specific coaches to Fields and Lance 2nd Pro Days is good idea without PR theory because scripts will be run by 49ers coach.