2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

There would be tempting to press qb with 3rd concussion to continue playing football but that is for heavy contract.    Concussion can kill you. A torn ACL won't.

Still, he has thin body which is a high risk when you are thinking about 10 year investment.

My whole point is that just based on that interview, he could walk away before he really should. Players get hurt, we know that. If a player is so concerned, don’t play. Lawrence just seems like he would bolt before he really should.

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

My whole point is that just based on that interview, he could walk away before he really should. Players get hurt, we know that. If a player is so concerned, don’t play. Lawrence just seems like he would bolt before he really should.

I am sure that will cross few brasses' mind.

11 hours ago, NewAge said:

I like it. I just still don't love the idea of CB at 23. And I'm actually a fan of Farley and Newsome. This has a lot to do with that I really like a lot of the physical CBs in the mid rounds. And I think with our staff, we can get the most out of mid round CBs. More so than we can get the most out of mid round OLineman and weapons. 

I think if I had my dream scenario it would be.

Wilson at 2

Jenkins at 23

Z. Collins at 34

I think that would a great start to the draft.  Jenkins is obviously a stud and would be ideal OG and possible long term RT.  Collins fits our scheme and would be the future leader after we can finally cut bait with Mosley.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think if I had my dream scenario it would be.

Wilson at 2

Jenkins at 23

Z. Collins at 34

I think that would a great start to the draft.  Jenkins is obviously a stud and would be ideal OG and possible long term RT.  Collins fits our scheme and would be the future leader after we can finally cut bait with Mosley.

This would be amazing. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Jenkins and Collins are both gone by pick 23.

Edited by mattmanz91

Much ado about nothing. This is a nothing burger. NOW, had he said he's only going to play for 5 years and retire and football is not his life. 

Well, then you have to rethink drafting him at all in the first round or trading the pick to a win now team.

But that is not what I took from the statements he made. He doesn't have to please anyone, but clearly he loves the game. I wouldn't put too much into it.

31 minutes ago, Big T said:

Much ado about nothing. This is a nothing burger. NOW, had he said he's only going to play for 5 years and retire and football is not his life. 

Well, then you have to rethink drafting him at all in the first round or trading the pick to a win now team.

But that is not what I took from the statements he made. He doesn't have to please anyone, but clearly he loves the game. I wouldn't put too much into it.

You think so?  GMs want players who eat sleep and breathe FB. To spend a #1 on a guy who may not fit that into that line of thinking is risky to a GM. You typically don’t hear that talk with a high first round pick.

23 minutes ago, xrade said:

You think so?  GMs want players who eat sleep and breathe FB. To spend a #1 on a guy who may not fit that into that line of thinking is risky to a GM. You typically don’t hear that talk with a high first round pick.

Would you pass on Lawrence, over his position on life, and football, or family? Heck with all the headaches that currently play in the NFL and are all about the money, its refreshing to see someone who says, hey there are other things in life. 

He didn't say he didn't love the game or for that matter he is not a competitor and will give his all. He simply said life goes on and I'm not playing the game with a chip on my shoulder. He is the same player he was in college, and only lost 2 games and won a NC. 

I don't see an issue.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

I don't see an issue.

You don’t see an issue, but would a GM?  Refreshing comments or not to you may be a big point of concern to those that make the decisions.

Andrew Luck is a good example. I am sure the Colts envisioned Luck being a 10-15 year QB, not 6. His reasons for quitting can’t be dismissed and the Colts did little to help. But that is not what the issue is. Had the Colts known or even suspected he would retire in 6 years, they may have made a different choice or choices. Just like we all expect whomever we choose as a QB, we all hope he will be playing on this team for 10 years or more. Lawrence is flat out saying there is more to life than FB. Well of course there is, but to come out and voice that will be a concern. Is he going to leave if things get tough as they will?  Will he retire if he gets hurt whereas many players would heal and rehab?  These are all legit questions. 

Edited by xrade

What about the small possibility of Micah Oaraons falling to us at 23?

I don’t like going LB at 23 or 34. But the value there might be too good to pass up. But once again some of those guys a tier down from him.... I love. Like Collins, Cox, Moses, Rice, etc. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What about the small possibility of Micah Oaraons falling to us at 23?

I don’t like going LB at 23 or 34. But the value there might be too good to pass up. But once again some of those guys a tier down from him.... I love. Like Collins, Cox, Moses, Rice, etc. 

I don't think there is a chance,  but if he does, he's the pick. I wouldn't hesitate.