2021 Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think there is a chance,  but if he does, he's the pick. I wouldn't hesitate. 

umm.. I sincerely hope JD falling asleep after 20th being OTC.

It would be getting interesting if that happened. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

You don’t see an issue, but would a GM?  Refreshing comments or not to you may be a big point of concern to those that make the decisions.

Andrew Luck is a good example. I am sure the Colts envisioned Luck being a 10-15 year QB, not 6. His reasons for quitting can’t be dismissed and the Colts did little to help. But that is not what the issue is. Had the Colts known or even suspected he would retire in 6 years, they may have made a different choice or choices. Just like we all expect whomever we choose as a QB, we all hope he will be playing on this team for 10 years or more. Lawrence is flat out saying there is more to life than FB. Well of course there is, but to come out and voice that will be a concern. Is he going to leave if things get tough as they will?  Will he retire if he gets hurt whereas many players would heal and rehab?  These are all legit questions. 

I think his reply was one of a young kid from another generation. I think to really understand him is to understand his generation. More to the point is his value system. Nothing prior to the draft and during his college football career points to the fact that the kid is a gamer. I just think its just him, its his personality, a man can be who he is and still be the player everyone thinks he is. I really don't think there is anything to be concerned about. If the Jags passed on him, the Jets would pounce on him at number 2.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What about the small possibility of Micah Oaraons falling to us at 23?

I don’t like going LB at 23 or 34. But the value there might be too good to pass up. But once again some of those guys a tier down from him.... I love. Like Collins, Cox, Moses, Rice, etc. 

i agree, it would be hard to not take him. I think he’s a top 10 talent and imo LB, along with the OL and CB, is one of the top 3 non QB positions we need to address early. 

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think there is a chance,  but if he does, he's the pick. I wouldn't hesitate. 

It looks like I am the only person on this board who wants a RB at 23. If Najee Harris, or Travis Etienne are there when we pick at 23  we would be nut not to take either one. EITHER one would be a huge help to who ever we pick at QB. I went nut when we passed up on Devin Cook, lets not let this happen again.

Just now, doumeyer said:

It looks like I am the only person on this board who wants a RB at 23. If Najee Harris, or Travis Etienne are there when we pick at 23  we would be nuts not to take either one. EITHER one would be a huge help to who ever we pick at QB. I went nuts when we passed up on Devin Cook, lets not let this happen again.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It looks like I am the only person on this board who wants a RB at 23. If Najee Harris, or Travis Etienne are there when we pick at 23  we would be nut not to take either one. EITHER one would be a huge help to who ever we pick at QB. I went nut when we passed up on Devin Cook, lets not let this happen again.

I’d love one. Only thing that I agree with a lot on this board about is that if we don’t invest in the OL... it could be a waste. But I also see it as we have the 34th pick, 2 3rds and 2 picks in each of the 1st 2 rounds next year. That’s plenty of draft capital to build this OL. In my ideal world we go OL and RB at 23 and 34. It would probably be smarter to go OL at 23 and see if a RB falls to 34 then the reverse.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d love one. Only thing that I agree with a lot on this board about is that if we don’t invest in the OL... it could be a waste. But I also see it as we have the 34th pick, 2 3rds and 2 picks in each of the 1st 2 rounds next year. That’s plenty of draft capital to build this OL. In my ideal world we go OL and RB at 23 and 34. It would probably be smarter to go OL at 23 and see if a RB falls to 34 then the reverse.

I have absolutely no problem at all with that either

The thing that began to intrigue me about Najee is that he could be the focal point of the offense while Wilson develops and adjusts, I’m compared it to Zeke and Dak in 2016. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The thing that began to intrigue me about Najee is that he could be the focal point of the offense while Wilson develops and adjusts, I’m compared it to Zeke and Dak in 2016. 

Exactly. I think he’s gone though by 23 TBH. He’s going to give people Henry type vibes (not as big, but more dangerous receiving). And there’s 31 teams that regret not taking him. He’s probably my favorite player in this draft.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. I think he’s gone though by 23 TBH. He’s going to give people Henry type vibes (not as big, but more dangerous receiving). And there’s 31 teams that regret not taking him. He’s probably my favorite player in this draft.

Earliest I think is 24 to Pitt but they need an EDGE and lost some starters on the OL. Next is Buffalo at 30 then us at 34. 

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Earliest I think is 24 to Pitt but they need an EDGE and lost some starters on the OL. Next is Buffalo at 30 then us at 34. 

I think Pitt goes OL. But I can see Buffalo grabbing him. Which makes sense Bc our division teams always seem to grab guys I like. But Etienne at 34 is still possible.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

What about Harris at 23 if there then trade back up for Jenkins, if he's there.  

45 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Jenkins probably goes before Harris. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

When JD came in there was a lot of talk of establishing an “identity” which never happened under Gase. Taking Harris and Jenkins (+Becton) would certainly start to establish a bully identity that I think Saleh could get behind.
At the same time I feel like we could establish an identity with Javonte later on in the draft without the need to trade up. Either way I would love to have a decent running back to cheer for it’s been way too long. 

• Like 1