2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

I'm still hoping to get Javonte Williams. 

I really don't want us to wait too late to draft a RB assuming we can make anyone look good with our system.  I don't think it's going to happen at #23 because it's very unlikely Harris will be the best player out of our needs. I think we're going to draft our guy in the 3rd after going QB, BPA/OL, and OL/BPA. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Just saw someone post a mock that had the Dolphins picking Pitts, Parsons, and Williams. I cried inside. I really need the dolphins to mess this draft up badly. 

Ya they won’t. If Tua pans out, then and BUF aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

3 tiers for me at 23 and even 34 if you want to stretch it (with keeping it realistic i.i. I'm not putting guys like Sewell, Chase, Horn Smith, etc in this)...

Guys I want (meaning guys I'd very happy if we drafted): Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Tevin Jenkins, Creed Humphrey, Najee Harris, Travis Etienne, Pat Freiermuth

Guys I would be totally happy with drafting, just would have rathered us go a different direction: Caleb Farley, Greg Newsome, Rashod Bateman.

Guys I don't want (bc I think we just don't need the position this high in the draft or I don't value the player enough): Azeez Ojulari, Kwity Paye, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Joe Ossai, Micah Parsons, Jamin Davis, Zaven Collins, Jayson Oweh, Sam Cosmi, Greg Rousseau, Trevon Moehrig, Christian Barmore.

Pretty much to sum it up... I want to build the OL and RB spots at 23 and 34. And would be happy with Farley or Newsome in 1 of those spots at CB. Really any LB or Edge I don't want this early. I don't value LB enough to take them this early (mainly bc I really like the mid round guys in this draft bas much as the guys at the top). And none of these edges wow me and IMO for sure start over what we already have. We need starters. Not depth guys for now in hopes they become starters soon. 

21 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm still hoping to get Javonte Williams. 

I really don't want us to wait too late to draft a RB assuming we can make anyone look good with our system.  I don't think it's going to happen at #23 because it's very unlikely Harris will be the best player out of our needs. I think we're going to draft our guy in the 3rd after going QB, BPA/OL, and OL/BPA. 

Now you are talking, the RG is one third of the offensive. 

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Now you are talking, the RG is one third of the offensive. 

I'm really hoping we come out of this draft with a really good RG. We have to improve the interior line but also need to help the right side in general. We can't just hit a LG & Center and only go left. lol

For the #23 pick, it's really tricky. The only defensive guys I would pick there if they were to fall is Parsons, Farely, Newsome, and the DE's from Miami. I see them as star players/difference makers. 

I've been comparing our team to the rest of the AFC East. One thing I've realized is that no one in our division was able to stop the run last season. I expect NE to be better with Hightower/Judon coming in this season, but they were one of the league's worst at stopping the run. I think this is our point of attack. 

Become the best at what the rest of the division struggles with to give ourselves a chance sooner. Coming out of this draft with oline starters and Harris, Etienne, Williams, or Carter for me would be huge. 

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

For the #23 pick, it's really tricky. The only defensive guys I would pick there if they were to fall is Parsons, Farely, Newsome, and the DE's from Miami. I see them as star players/difference makers. 

I've been comparing our team to the rest of the AFC East. One thing I've realized is that no one in our division was able to stop the run last season. I expect NE to be better with Hightower/Judon coming in this season, but they were one of the league's worst at stopping the run. I think this is our point of attack. 

Become the best at what the rest of the division struggles with to give ourselves a chance sooner. Coming out of this draft with oline starters and Harris, Etienne, Williams, or Carter for me would be huge. 

If they are truly struggling at run stopping then nobody RB can scorch for 150 yards against them.   pfftt

49 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

If they are truly struggling at run stopping then nobody RB can scorch for 150 yards against them.   pfftt

Nah, they're not that bad now but we have a chance to place a potential star RB in this scheme. It becomes much harder to stop.