2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Let's look at who's a lock to go in the 1st 22 picks. 

Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Jones, Fields, Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn, Darrisaw(14) 

I think those 14 are locks. That leaves us with the possibility of one of these guys at 23. 

Jenkins, AVT, Parsons, Farley, Newsome, Collins, Philips, Paye, Harris. That's 9 off the top of my head. 

I think you could make an argument that those 23 players listed could all be top 12ish picks.

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Let's look at who's a lock to go in the 1st 22 picks. 

Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Jones, Fields, Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn, Darrisaw(14) 

I think those 14 are locks. That leaves us with the possibility of one of these guys at 23. 

Jenkins, AVT, Parsons, Farley, Newsome, Collins, Philips, Paye, Harris. That's 9 off the top of my head. 

I think you could make an argument that those 23 players listed could all be top 12ish picks.

I just hope JD doesn't get too cute and still tries and get more picks. Grab legit talent if there. He got lucky last year with that Mims trade. 99% of the time, that situation doesn't work out like that.

For me if AVT or Jenkins are there... they have to be the pick. If they're gone. Go with Farley or Newsome. If all 4 are gone... go Humphrey or one of the RBs (I like Harris more, but I still love Etienne as well).

BUT....

If we go RB at 23... I think we have to go OL at 34. That's just my opinion. Bc investing that high of a pick on a RB and giving them the same OL, just isn't smart. So immediately get that OL help. Maybe Humphrey is still there. Or draft Davis there, he should still be around then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I just hope JD doesn't get too cute and still tries and get more picks. Grab legit talent if there. He got lucky last year with that Mims trade. 99% of the time, that situation doesn't work out like that.

For me if AVT or Jenkins are there... they have to be the pick. If they're gone. Go with Farley or Newsome. If all 4 are gone... go Humphrey or one of the RBs (I like Harris more, but I still love Etienne as well).

BUT....

If we go RB at 23... I think we have to go OL at 34. That's just my opinion. Bc investing that high of a pick on a RB and giving them the same OL, just isn't smart. So immediately get that OL help. Maybe Humphrey is still there. Or draft Davis there, he should still be around then. 

Your post makes all the sense in the world. I just hope it goes that way. We have enough draft picks for a couple of years we don't need any more. Now we need quality picks in the draft..  

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Your post makes all the sense in the world. I just hope it goes that way. We have enough draft picks for a couple of years we don't need any more. Now we need quality picks in the draft..  

The team is not good and we need a lot of talent, we can always use more draft picks. We now have a GM who truly wants to build through the draft and acquiring more picks will speed the rebuild.

I don’t think JD would pass on a talent just to do that. For example, if Parsons, Jenkins, Newsome, Farley or Collins are there for us, we will take them. We may even trade up a couple of spots if the opportunity is there. But beyond that, why not trade down a bit. Another example, if AVT is there but we can trade down a little and get another 3rd then draft Creed or Dickerson, would that not be better?  Is the talent of those two plus a third really worse tan AVT?

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

The team is not good and we need a lot of talent, we can always use more draft picks. We now have a GM who truly wants to build through the draft and acquiring more picks will speed the rebuild.

I don’t think JD would pass on a talent just to do that. For example, if Parsons, Jenkins, Newsome, Farley or Collins are there for us, we will take them. We may even trade up a couple of spots if the opportunity is there. But beyond that, why not trade down a bit. Another example, if AVT is there but we can trade down a little and get another 3rd then draft Creed or Dickerson, would that not be better?  Is the talent of those two plus a third really worse tan AVT?

I get that... but you pretty much have 22 starters. So when we have existing talent. 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds this year, 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds next year, the FAs we added, etc. It’s about quality but quantity. We need to quit filling backup and ST roles. And get starting offensive and defensive talent. You accumulate a lot of mid round and late round picks... and that’s generally what you get. Just draft the starting talent right in front of you.