2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

The Jags possibly benching Menshew is the greatest news ever just in case we're looking to trade back.  We could be in position for Fields, Lawrence, or getting at least two 1st round picks in a trade. 

49ers are reviewing their qb situation so back to your previous suggestion about Darnold going to 49ers. End of speculation.🎧

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Vikings could have been an option but they don't have a 2nd round pick. 

Vikings could trade down in 1st to recoup 2nd round pick.   Darnold trade should be done between 1st and 2nd rounds if Jets actually drafting T Law.

Edited by JetsandI

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Vikings could trade down in 1st to recoup 2nd round pick.   Darnold trade should be done between 1st and 2nd rounds if Jets actually drafting T Law.

Depends on if they like Lance or Trask from Florida. We need everyone outside of Fields & Lawrence to suck. It brings more value to our pick if we're trading back and increases Sam's value. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Waddle suffered out of season ankle injury. That kind of injury is said to be similar to Kenyan Drake who actually had fracture on high ankle.  Wonder how much will it affect his speed and agile.

I know me and one other were screaming for Drake in the draft that year. So expect the same from Me

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

One guy in Perriman with an injury history.  Herndon has been healthy all year he just forgot how to play football.

Fact is if we had Herndon, Crowder, Bell playing at a high level with contributions from Mims, Perriman, and V. Smith we aren't having this conversation about Robby.

It's only a problem because of massive injuries to the WRs.  The difference between Sam playing well and playing terrible is not Robby.

Let's say we signed Perriman and resigned Robby.  We would of had Robby, Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Herndon, Bell, Perine, V. Smith.  We probably would have been pretty happy with that and been in the exact same position.  

I never said he didn't need top tier talent.

Herndon didn’t play last year so our starting TE and starting WR both have injury issues. Anyway it doesn’t really matter I don’t think we disagree on the not signing Robby debate I think we just differ in seeing the writing in the wall so to speak. 

10 hours ago, xrade said:

I think we have both made our points with this fun yet sad debate.  I say sad because we are debating this crap.  Maybe we can debate the outfits the cheerleaders wear in a year or two as our team heads towards the SB.

One thing that I am curious about, having reserved English blood and hot Italian blood coursing through your veins, how do mange the internal conflict?  I am American, second generation of Irish descendants.  My grandfather emigrated from Limerick.  I have no reserved genes.  I am 100% easily pissed off, but I have no internal conflict.  It must be tough, especially when someone like me pushes your buttons. (all a joke).

Last thing, how should "schedule" be spelled?

Lol maybe in some places English are reserved but believe me not everywhere. And yes my family are Southern Italian so nutcases at the best of times, just about get the balance right if not for the odd meltdown from time to time 😏

Ha schedule we spell the same 🕺🏻🎊👌🏼

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

So the dream of saving Darnold & trading back is dead for me. I think another coaching staff will help him but we have to get Fields or Lawrence now. 

I think so we are getting to the point we have to go in a different direction.

• Like 1