2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Ha! Now they're talking about Collins shooting up boards on Good Morning Football. I wouldn't be mad. 

That means someone must fall. Since we have so many needs, we are going to fill a hole with a good player. Parsons’ off field behavior may drop him. Would JD be bold enough to grab him?  I think Jenkins shorter than ideal arm length will limit him to OG in the minds of GM’s so he may fall. Could Smiths slight build cause him to fall?  Who knows about Farley. Personally, I think he will be gone by the mid teens. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

That means someone must fall. Since we have so many needs, we are going to fill a hole with a good player. Parsons’ off field behavior may drop him. Would JD be bold enough to grab him?  I think Jenkins shorter than ideal arm length will limit him to OG in the minds of GM’s so he may fall. Could Smiths slight build cause him to fall?  Who knows about Farley. Personally, I think he will be gone by the mid teens. 

I must have missed something, what did Parsons do?

Edit: I see what happened. I don't think it's going to drop him though. 

Edited by rickyt31

28 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah and he has made a lot of big plays in coverage. Seems like a high IQ prospect on tape. 

I’m not opposed to going DE or LB but I just feel that adding to the OL would be suited. Wouldn’t be mad if we did go DE or LB but would prefer OL 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I must have missed something, what did Parsons do?

Nothing criminal. I have heard he is just an *** clown. I believe there was a hazing incident freshman year at PSU. He also had issues in high school.  Then there is talk of his film room and weight training approach which is less than ideal.  

Personally, if his latest incident was as a freshman, I would draft him. We all make mistakes. If he has proven that he has learned from them. Draft him. However, some GM’s would still fear Parsons becoming another Aldon Smith. It may be ridiculous in our view, but if that fear is there, they may not want to invest high with those questions hanging over him. He will go in round 1 but he may drop a bit. I can’t see him going beyond mid teens. Too far for us to move up. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m not opposed to going DE or LB but I just feel that adding to the OL would be suited. Wouldn’t be mad if we did go DE or LB but would prefer OL 

I would be really concerned if we don’t go OL by 34 or somewhere in the second round if we trade down a bit.

Does anyone have supporting data to indicate GVR and Lewis played better as the season wore on?  I know McGovern did. I am just wondering if JD thinks our OL is fine as it stands right now to the point he passes on OL until round 3 or later. I can’t see it, but does JD?  I just hope he is not riding on the fact that we had 4 new OL and a shortened offseason last year as the cause for the poor play. 

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

I would be really concerned if we don’t go OL by 34 or somewhere in the second round if we trade down a bit.

Does anyone have supporting data to indicate GVR and Lewis played better as the season wore on?  I know McGovern did. I am just wondering if JD thinks our OL is fine as it stands right now to the point he passes on OL until round 3 or later. I can’t see it, but does JD?  I just hope he is not riding on the fact that we had 4 new OL and a shortened offseason last year as the cause for the poor play. 

Pretty sure GVR graded out well in Pass-Pro. I fell like OL and DE in some combination are gonna be our picks at 23/34. I want us to double dip OL but I don’t see that happening

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I would like OL as well, but it depends on who is there and who we can pull in the 2nd round if we don't trade back. I've seen Mocks that had AVT and Jenkins gone before our pick. There are only a few defensive players I would pick over Jenkins and AVT. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Nothing criminal. I have heard he is just an *** clown. I believe there was a hazing incident freshman year at PSU. He also had issues in high school.  Then there is talk of his film room and weight training approach which is less than ideal.  

Personally, if his latest incident was as a freshman, I would draft him. We all make mistakes. If he has proven that he has learned from them. Draft him. However, some GM’s would still fear Parsons becoming another Aldon Smith. It may be ridiculous in our view, but if that fear is there, they may not want to invest high with those questions hanging over him. He will go in round 1 but he may drop a bit. I can’t see him going beyond mid teens. Too far for us to move up. 

Yeah, and Parsons owned up to it and took the right steps after that. He's my favorite defensive player, so I would take him in a heartbeat. I doubt he makes it though. As someone who focuses on mental health, I'm always happy to see athletes to turn things around on and off the field.