Abe56

2021 Draft Thread

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened with Darnold but he looks broken. No real life in his passes, bad decisions and poor ball placement. Watching other games around the league, forget about comparing him to the guys from his class, you see rookies like Burrow and now Herbert going over 300 yards and 4 total tds. Sam is just not on the same level with regards to confidence, efficiency and now I think even skill level. I admit I was jumping out of my seat after Mayfield and Barkley went 1-2 in that draft. I thought we finally caught a break and found our guy. For the first time, I’m ready to say that I was wrong. Sam is not the answer. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened with Darnold but he looks broken. No real life in his passes, bad decisions and poor ball placement. Watching other games around the league, forget about comparing him to the guys from his class, you see rookies like Burrow and now Herbert going over 300 yards and 4 total tds. Sam is just not on the same level with regards to confidence, efficiency and now I think even skill level. I admit I was jumping out of my seat after Mayfield and Barkley went 1-2 in that draft. I thought we finally caught a break and found our guy. For the first time, I’m ready to say that I was wrong. Sam is not the answer. 

We ruined Sam. Sam didn’t ruin Sam

16 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

At least he is better than Josh Rosen. lol. 

Ah... That could explain or couldn't it?   Sam Darnold was dumped by his girlfriend last summer.  After spending some "orgy time during lockdown in Cali", she moved on.  Ouch!

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I know me and one other were screaming for Drake in the draft that year. So expect the same from Me

And I know Jets will continue ignoring you. heh.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

And I know Jets will continue ignoring you. heh.

Oh absolutely. The Jets have drafted like 3 players I wanted in like the last 5 years. Luckily Mims and Edoga were a couple of them the last couple years. 

Sam will be Tannehill 2.0, we're just going to have to deal with it. Hopefully the next staff & JD can develop our next QB the right way. 

I seriously don't think Fields is far from Lawrence. He can make the same throws and moves just as well in the pocket. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Sam will be Tannehill 2.0, we're just going to have to deal with it. Hopefully the next staff & JD can develop our next QB the right way. 

I seriously don't think Fields is far from Lawrence. He can make the same throws and moves just as well in the pocket. 

T Law is 3 year starter.  He is a Christian.   Top that.

Edited by JetsandI

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

T Law is 3 year starter.  He is a Christian.   Top that.

Same thing for Tebow, right? lol

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Maybe one day but Sam has shown nearly half of what Tannenhill did in his first 3 years. The fact is that Sam has a pretty low football IQ, bad mechanics and someone whose best plays are spectacular but extremely few and far between. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe one day but Sam has shown nearly half of what Tannenhill did in his first 3 years. The fact is that Sam has a pretty low football IQ, bad mechanics and someone whose best plays are spectacular but extremely few and far between. 

Mechanics is the one thing you can really coach and that got worse. 2nd year in the offense him & Flacco can't read defenses in it. Sam is a problem, but the coaching killed all the progress he could have made. He wasn't missing open guys like this during his rookie year, so it doesn't make since how he drops this far off. We screwed up the development process. But I won't stay on this topic. Even if he shows a slight improvement, we can't risk passing up the top 2 QBs hoping someone will recover.

This is last QB, GM, and Coach combo coming up will be my last. I've been a fan since 96. I've done my time. lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

lol this hurts

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We ruined Sam. Sam didn’t ruin Sam

I agree with all these current post about Darnold.  Sam's college stats in college were good but for every two TD pass he throw he had one INT. and they were all at the wrong time in the game. When a Jet play brakes down  Darnold can't make a play he misses open receivers when he is on the run. All the young current QB's seem to make plays all the time when the play brakes down but Darnold can't do that. Is he broken it sure looks that way.

Just WAY too many 1 win teams for me to really start taking the TLaw conversation to the next level.

I'd love to hear who people want if we aren't drafting 1. Let's say we're drafting 3-5... who do people want?

My list at that spot would be... Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Greg Rousseau and maybe even Justin Fields (depending on how Darnold looks the rets of the way).