2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

35 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, and Parsons owned up to it and took the right steps after that. He's my favorite defensive player, so I would take him in a heartbeat. I doubt he makes it though. As someone who focuses on mental health, I'm always happy to see athletes to turn things around on and off the field. 

Drafting him in top 10 is akin to high 5 gesture for troubling. However NFL is known for hypocrisy anyway.

Parsons bullied the **** out on other players during his freshman but he stayed with PSU until last year because James Franklin was cool with it.   True or false I dont know but that is something NFL brasses had looked at.  If false, he turned around as he was growing up.  Otherwise, well you know.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Drafting him in top 10 is akin to high 5 gesture for troubling. However NFL is known for hypocrisy anyway.

Parsons bullied the **** out on other players during his freshman but he stayed with PSU until last year because James Franklin was cool with it.   True or false I dont know but that is something NFL brasses had looked at.  If false, he turned around as he was growing up.  Otherwise, well you know.

I'm only not looking deep into because Franklin doesn't play games and with everything that program went through, this would have been bigger news. So he may have been wrong at some point, but it does seem like he changed (if true). 

I do understand a team passing on him if they're looking for a culture changer in the locker room. I don't think it's that deep, but I can see teams fall back and possibly look at JOK or Collins. 

Our coaching strength is defense, so we should go offense with our first three picks imo...the QB, the OL and then the RB or a second OL would be my preference. Then look at the defense, with the hope/expectation that Saleh can turn later picks into solid starters.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm only not looking deep into because Franklin doesn't play games and with everything that program went through, this would have been bigger news. So he may have been wrong at some point, but it does seem like he changed (if true). 

I do understand a team passing on him if they're looking for a culture changer in the locker room. I don't think it's that deep, but I can see teams fall back and possibly look at JOK or Collins. 

I don't follow PSU incident so I don't know exactly what went wrong.   One said that Franklin sided with Parsons (favoritism?) on a couple of issues.    One of them was Parsons choked the victim long enough to prompt the victim to pull a knife on Parsons in defense.    Ah,,, you pulled a knife.  That was big big no. 

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Our coaching strength is defense, so we should go offense with our first three picks imo...the QB, the OL and then the RB or a second OL would be my preference. Then look at the defense, with the hope/expectation that Saleh can turn later picks into solid starters.

Offensive talents will be wasted if coaching can't utilize them properly.  More circus is coming to us.

On field production itself has screamed for more talents on the offensive side of football.  That I agree.

Saleh won't turn defense into a something we have drooled for because it isn't his job.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, and Parsons owned up to it and took the right steps after that. He's my favorite defensive player, so I would take him in a heartbeat. I doubt he makes it though. As someone who focuses on mental health, I'm always happy to see athletes to turn things around on and off the field. 

Hence my reason for jumping on him if he is close. Unfortunately, many NFL GM’s may not feel that way so he could slide a bit. 

• Like 1