2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just WAY too many 1 win teams for me to really start taking the TLaw conversation to the next level.

I'd love to hear who people want if we aren't drafting 1. Let's say we're drafting 3-5... who do people want?

My list at that spot would be... Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Greg Rousseau and maybe even Justin Fields (depending on how Darnold looks the rets of the way).

Ja'Marr Chase.  We need to bring in an elite weapon for whoever ends up being our QB.  Still not a fan of Rousseau for what we currently run and our draft history.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Just WAY too many 1 win teams for me to really start taking the TLaw conversation to the next level.

I'd love to hear who people want if we aren't drafting 1. Let's say we're drafting 3-5... who do people want?

My list at that spot would be... Ja'Marr Chase, Penei Sewell, Greg Rousseau and maybe even Justin Fields (depending on how Darnold looks the rets of the way).

Sewell.   Chase and Rousseau have a lot of stuffs to prove and their opt out year makes it difficult for real scouts to believe that they could expand their talent tools.  Sure,  they work out with pros but not enough videos to hold top pick value at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I am not ready to put names next to the positions we need. But I know the positions we need  and they won't be in the order of our needs.

Offensive Center

Offensive Guard

Edge rusher either a linebacker or defensive end who can get to the QB

WR For once we have to draft a big name WR

QB I hate putting this down, but we might have to go after another QB.

The good new is we have six picks in the first 65 or 66 picks in the draft, 

These six pick will be our future, as long as we don't screw the picks up

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am not ready to put names next to the positions we need. But I know the positions we need  and they won't be in the order of our needs.

Offensive Center

Offensive Guard

Edge rusher either a linebacker or defensive end who can get to the QB

WR For once we have to draft a big name WR

QB I hate putting this down, but we might have to go after another QB.

The good new is we have six picks in the first 65 or 66 picks in the draft, 

These six pick will be our future, as long as we don't screw the picks up

Sorry I left out Running back add to my list of needs

Which Jets' first round pick worries you more?   For me, it is top 5 pick because when you take one in that spot you naturally expect him to extremely stand out from day 1.  One stall and you are out already.  I don't know if JD can fix this but tendency is too powerful to ease down.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly,  

If you told me we could trade back for good picks and get Just Fields, I'm doing it. 

I love those prospects including Micah Parsons, but we likely just broke another QB with poor surrounding. So I'm good with anyone that can help on offense.  

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly,  

If you told me we could trade back for good picks and get Just Fields, I'm doing it. 

I love those prospects including Micah Parsons, but we likely just broke another QB with poor surrounding. So I'm good with anyone that can help on offense.  

You crazy.   Even NFL scouts fell in love with Lance.  Fields may not be available after 3rd.

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Honestly,  

Ricky I think it is way to early to put player names on our draft picks, We have yet to see any players in the PCC, and the big ten only played one game. Sure we all know what TL, & Justin Fields can due. We have six picks in the first 93 players in the draft.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Unfortunately it would probably have to be Fields because Sam looks done.

Non QB I'd probably go Sewell.  We'd possibly have the best set of OTs in the NFL.  Move Becton to RT and put a mauling RG next to him with one of our next few picks and really get some push in the run game.

Honestly I hope we trade Crowder and use that money to lure JuJu from PIT.  JuJu is best out of the slot, use the SEA pick on another WR (another solid class this year), and have Mims/rookie outside with JuJu in the slot.  That would be ideal.

My only 2 FA targets would be JuJu and Thuney.  

That would give Fields or Lawrence a really good OL and WR core.  I really don't see how we leave round 1 without a new QB so while in an ideal world Sam snaps out of it and we form a beastly OT tandem I just think Lawrence or Fields is a Jet next year.

This offense should be plenty good for whoever is under C.

OL - Becton, Thuney, McGovern, 2nd rounder, Fant

WR - Mims, Sea pick, JuJu, Smith, Cager, maybe a 5th or 6th rounder as a developmental guy.

Add another versatile RB and hope Herndon bounces back and let's see what this young QB can do with a new HC.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1