2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

5 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

My two football fandoms are the literal complete opposite ends of the spectrum being a Jets and Ohio St. fan

LOL Mine is the exact same. UCLA & Jets. The only difference is that we know what a Chip Kelly offense looks like when it works. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This kids got a strong accurate arm. No problem with Field being a second option.

I did not watch the whole game but it looked like Fields locks onto his target right from the snap way too much.  He never scanned the field and went through progressions.

Man T Law not playing and Clemson almost losing to BC shows how important T Law is to that team. T Law is so good you take him off the #1 team and they just sneak out a win against an average team. I really want that number 1 pick bad and get T Law. I think you pair him with a great O mind guy and you have a good chemistry for the long run. Move Darnold for a second and 4th round pick plus the cap space and this could be something special. I still think we are one of the best teams for a young HC to join. He has a blank sheet to start with and no expectations for the first 2 years. 

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

I did not watch the whole game but it looked like Fields locks onto his target right from the snap way too much.  He never scanned the field and went through progressions.

Last week  he  was 20 of 21 passing this week he started out 20 of 21 again, it not going be that easy when he gets to the pros, but he will adjust to the pro game. He is also a very strong kid. Now there is no  need to scan the whole field when his first reads are wide open. I like what I saw from  Fields. If we do get him I will not do my usual rant act.

Edited by doumeyer

Our next game against the Pats is going to be the important game we played in years. We must lose that game, if we beat NE twice we could drop to the third pick in the draft. And we would lose out on getting T L or Fields, The way it looks now QB's are going one & two in the draft. New England is in dire need of getting a franchise QB. And don't think for a minute that Bill Belichick would not tank to get what he wants. The first two picks in the 2021 draft are going to be worth gold, no matter who has them. I don't want another ten years with Darnold and his 135 yard passing games. Our whole future is going to be on the line with the two games we have with New England.

The good news is that the only one win teams left are:

• The Giants, who will get plenty of chances at wins in the NFC East
  • The Texans, who will surely win a few games from just Watson/Watt
  • and the Jags, our biggest problem

At this point I'd say our biggest competition for the #1 pick are:

1. Jaguars
  2. Giants
  3. Chargers, because apparently they hate winning
  4. Falcons, but their offense should result in some more wins
  5. Patriots, but only if we lose to them twice. So we control that.
  6. The rest of the NFC East, although they should each win a couple of games against each other
  7. Bengals/Broncos/Texans/Vikings --> Not that worried about these ones

Jaguars still play Texans, Browns, Vikings. The rest they're pretty much screwed in.

Giants still play Washington, Eagles, Cowboys, Bengals.

Chargers play the Broncos again, the Falcons, Patriots, and us.

Falcons play the Broncos and Chargers (the rest of their schedule is rough).

It's not looking terrible, but this could be the most nerve-wracking season we've had in quite a while. Just, for different reasons.