2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Senior Bowl probably will be cancelled too. Not that we’d get to coach since Gase and his staff will be gone.

Ah  coaching staff.... Because of that, we need to keep Gase.lol.

Really this scouting months will be dead boring.

9 hours ago, TheChad said:

If NE get Lawrence I might just have to pack it in and find another sport to watch.

Fortunately, I'm sure BB hates losing to us. I don't think he has it in him to just let that happen. And in 2020, a team really has to be complicit in losing to the Jets.

We've had:

• a game where the other team were starting a first time starter at QB, on 3 days' notice, with a bunch of other injuries, travelling across the country. And we won the turnover battle 3-0 and had a defensive TD
  • a game where we never allowed a single TD

We lost both by more than a TD. It's clear that even when everything is stacked in our favour, we can't win. As long as we don't fire Gase mid-season and get the famous "interim coach first game win", then it's got to be a two horse race with Jacksonville.

When you put it that way it goes to show how bad we really are. Half of our starting lineup barely belongs on an NFL roster and we're shipping away our steady vets one by one. Gase is still the coach of this team. This all just shows that the tank is in full effect and I really do not see us winning more than one game this season, if for only having enough dignity to not go winless. 

In case if JD draft philosophy (big and fast) of last draft is used again for upcoming draft, so far I only see only Tamorrion Terry as best fit.   But damn, his hands are lousy and he doesn't run good routes.  

There are a bunch of fast WR with adequate height that can better Perriman's spot for Jets.  Dunno if he will actually adjust the draft plan but JD only picked one out of thousand WRs during the draft last year.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

In case if JD draft philosophy (big and fast) of last draft is used again for upcoming draft, so far I only see only Tamorrion Terry as best fit.   But damn, his hands are lousy and he doesn't run good routes.  

There are a bunch of fast WR with adequate height that can better Perriman's spot for Jets.  Dunno if he will actually adjust the draft plan but JD only picked one out of thousand WRs during the draft last year.

One draft (one point on a curve) does not a trend make. Terry is, at best, a day 3 dart throw. I just hope WR is addressed via FA and at the top of the draft. 

I am really worried about the Monday night game against New England, if we win both games against NE there is a real good chance we will be out of getting TL and Fields. If we lose Monday"s game we should be ok. Of course there are many other scenario that could happen, but at least we have control of the two pats games. And don't count on any help from Gase, he would love to win Mondays game, he thinks that would save his job.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Not getting the idea of why people think we will beat NE.  They took SEA and BUF to the wire.  They are despite their lack of talent still more talented than us and far better coached.

We may keep it close but we should not win this game.

All you have to do is ask yourself how much would Belichick, want either TL or Fields, and how far would go to get either one of them. This is the same guy who took the air out of a football in a  playoff game, and was spying on other teams.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All you have to do is ask yourself how much would Belichick, want either TL or Fields, and how far would go to get either one of them. This is the same guy who took the air out of a football in a  playoff game, and was spying on other teams.

That is different from winning and losing a game. Bill is really simple WIN at all cost. If that means cheat then cheat. Bill will want to win Monday night in New York than anything else. The Bills are starting to fade and the Pats still have a chance to win the AFC east. They are not giving this game away. If anything I think the Pats will want to kill the Jets to show the league that they mean business and they are not dead yet. The only game the Jets might win is the Raiders game when they come to New York. Even if they win this game we still get the number 1 pick. There is no way the Jets win at the Pats either. We are 0-16 or 1-15 team. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not getting the idea of why people think we will beat NE.  They took SEA and BUF to the wire.  They are despite their lack of talent still more talented than us and far better coached.

We may keep it close but we should not win this game.

If we had fired Gase last week, I think it would have been close off of motivation/new voice. I'd be shocked if this isn't another double digit blow out. We have coaches who can't even design plays for the little talent we do have. We're going to try to beat the patriots by giving the ball to old man Gore and throwing screenpasses to Barrios.