2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Any WRs/TEs/RBs you guys prefer whether it's Lawrence or Fields?

If we get Lawrence I'd rather grab a burner.  Also starting to really get on board with Pitts, especially if we can grab someone like JuJu.  If we get a 2nd for Sam that gives JD and whoever the coach is to draft their entire offense.  QB, OG, TE, WR then grab a 3rd round RB. And if we grab Pitts we can just cut ties with Herndon.

EDIT- NVM Pitts is going top 15 easily.

Edited by jetsfan4life51

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Any WRs/TEs/RBs you guys prefer whether it's Lawrence or Fields?

If we get Lawrence I'd rather grab a burner.  Also starting to really get on board with Pitts, especially if we can grab someone like JuJu.  If we get a 2nd for Sam that gives JD and whoever the coach is to draft their entire offense.  QB, OG, TE, WR then grab a 3rd round RB. And if we grab Pitts we can just cut ties with Herndon.

TLaw's WRs are more of build up speed and have solid body control.   Fields' WRs count on route running.   Entering NFL, they will deal with mixed up skill sets in wideout.  I don't know what HC wants for offense but I would like to one that runs right routes.  Unfortunately, many WRs don't run right route naturally.  

I am perfectly happy with JuJu and Pitts for either qb.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

TLaw's WRs are more of build up speed and have solid body control.   Fields' WRs count on route running.   Entering NFL, they will deal with mixed up skill sets in wideout.  I don't know what HC wants for offense but I would like to one that runs right routes.  Unfortunately, many WRs don't run right route naturally.  

I am perfectly happy with JuJu and Pitts for either qb.

Well I think Mims plus whoever FA we can lure in will handle that then grab a burner for Lawrence.  Fields I haven't watched and don't know how they are with TEs.

6 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Problem is both teams are loaded with weapons.  Which is actually better at handling limited weapon team like Jets?

Good question. 

I've noticed that Law gets the ball out quick and rarely has to look for a 2nd option. Field's offense sometimes takes a second for the play to develop because they attack down field a lot. Fields does a better job with spreading the ball around, so that might work better for weaker teams who don't have a target that's open consistently. When Law was playing, it looks like the playcalls made him target Rogers more. Now the backup is in and Powell is getting the looks he deserves. 

They both move well in the pocket and are accurate. What I'm looking for is who can take hits and find their 2nd option better. They've already checked all the other boxes. Honestly, Joe Borrow is my favorite QB prospect I've ever seen. Law & Fields are in a tier below. Both have flaws. Lawrence doesn't look good when you take away his first option. Fields had games where his completion percentages looked pretty bad, but he was able to find the endzone multiple times in those games. It's going to take me the rest of the season to separate the 2. 

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

TE is gonna be a position I’m positive we’re gonna address early. Joe comes from 2 organizations that have consistently valued TE’s. Kyle Pitts and Pat Freiermuth are 2 guys I expect to be high on our board

FA TE class is decent. So I could see us going that route.

Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Rob Tonyan, Gerald Everett, Mo Allie-Cox

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd like for once in a draft to be aggressive. I mean when was the last time this franchise traded up in the early couple rounds to go get a good talent? On top of that... draft the obvious great choice (think Dalvin Cook over Marcus Maye).

The just did that with Sam Darnold. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The just did that with Sam Darnold. 

We pretty much HAD TO that draft after just totally dropping the ball at QB for forever previous to that.

I'm more talking pulling the trigger to trade back up into Round 1. Moving up in Round 2 and things like that. We were rumored to in the 3rd for a couple years (we wanted Kamara and Hardman if I remember correctly). But ultimately never made the moves for them. Seems we are always trading back acquiring more picks (thats seem to fail anyway) instead of just going and getting our guy.

I'll give an example for this next draft. Let's say we draft TLaw at 1. And JD loves the idea of grabbing Etienne as well. But isn't sure he makes it to our SEA 1st. Why not trade up and go get him a few picks earlier? My point is that if there's a playter you love and they're in striking distance... go get them., Quit playing the lets hope they fall to us game and missing out. If you truly believe they're great go get them.

Let's say we're drafting 1st and 30th and we trade Darnold for a 2nd as well. So we have 2 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds. a 4th, 2 5ths... Thats plenty of ammo to add quality over quantity.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'd like for once in a draft to be aggressive. I mean when was the last time this franchise traded up in the early couple rounds to go get a good talent? On top of that... draft the obvious great choice (think Dalvin Cook over Marcus Maye).

Still will never forgive Mac for that terrible draft. Maye is a good FS with limitations but hes already older and isnt anywhere close the difference maker Cook would have been.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Still will never forgive Mac for that terrible draft. Maye is a good FS with limitations but hes already older and isnt anywhere close the difference maker Cook would have been.

To think we could have and should have just drafted Mahomes and Cook and still had all our 2nd rounders we traded to go get Darnold the next year. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

FA TE class is decent. So I could see us going that route.

Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith, Rob Tonyan, Gerald Everett, Mo Allie-Cox

I’d love to add Allie-Cox and a TE in the 2nd or 3rd...Herndon can’t be counted on