2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We pretty much HAD TO that draft after just totally dropping the ball at QB for forever previous to that.

I'm more talking pulling the trigger to trade back up into Round 1. Moving up in Round 2 and things like that. We were rumored to in the 3rd for a couple years (we wanted Kamara and Hardman if I remember correctly). But ultimately never made the moves for them. Seems we are always trading back acquiring more picks (thats seem to fail anyway) instead of just going and getting our guy.

I'll give an example for this next draft. Let's say we draft TLaw at 1. And JD loves the idea of grabbing Etienne as well. But isn't sure he makes it to our SEA 1st. Why not trade up and go get him a few picks earlier? My point is that if there's a playter you love and they're in striking distance... go get them., Quit playing the lets hope they fall to us game and missing out. If you truly believe they're great go get them.

Let's say we're drafting 1st and 30th and we trade Darnold for a 2nd as well. So we have 2 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds. a 4th, 2 5ths... Thats plenty of ammo to add quality over quantity.

It all depends on who the GM is and we have not had a good GM in decades. I don't mind making a move up but you BETTER hit on that guy. I just don't trust our GM hitting on a guy to move up. I would rather have a bunch of picks with players than putting all your stock in a few guys. I remember years ago the Jets gave up a bunch of stock to move up in the first for a DT named Robinson. Man was he a bust. You have to remember for ever good trade up their is a bunch of trade ups that blew up in your face. I say keep picking a bunch of players collect picks and hope a few of these guys pan out. The GM's we have just can't hit n a player. JD I hope can but it is way to early to tell. 

They better not pick Fields over T Law. If the Jets get #1 you take T Law PERIOD!!! If the Jets are picking 2 I hope we trade down for a boat load. I like Fields but I just don't see him as a franchise QB type guy. He is more of a good starter but nothing beyond that. I put Fields with guys like Stafford, Prescott, Carr, and Rivers. They will have nice careers but will never win a super bowl. 

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Now Kiper is agreeing with me and says neither Fields or Lawrence is locked in. McShay also mentioned how close they are. 

If you really compare, there isn't much of a difference. I really really like Fields. He's going to be a star. 

I think they're close. I'd be happy with either. These 1st 2 games after the bye week and the last game of the year are our only winnable games remaining. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think they're close. I'd be happy with either. These 1st 2 games after the bye week and the last game of the year are our only winnable games remaining. 

I only have the last game of the year being winnable.  

This QB class is looking really good.  Sam could be out no matter what pick we get. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I only have the last game of the year being winnable.  

This QB class is looking really good.  Sam could be out no matter what pick we get. 

Like Chiquita banana said never never put bananas in a refrigerator, the same thing applies to QB's never never draft a QB from USC

I don't know guys. It seems like Lawrence lost momentum because of COVID-19, and because Clemson is way better than everybody else in the country (so even without him, they are still good). I don't think that should be held against him. He was amazing even when Clemson was not this good. Take the QB who is used to winning. Who has been under the spotlight since he entered college, and passed with flying colors. Hell, I would even double-down and try to draft Etienne with our second first rounder. Make this Trevor Lawrence's team right away, and keep all the weapons we already have for him (and bring in more help). 

Lawrence seems like a classic case of paralysis by analysis. Which is what happens when a guy was basically ready for the NFL after his freshman year. 

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My question to those who even question TLaw at all.....

Is name me a weakness he has?!?!

Bc IMO he doesn’t have one.

I dont see a weakness either but I also do not think he's been in a situation where his weaknesses have been highlighted. Like the only game he's ever lost in college was because he couldn't outscore the most efficient passing offense in FBS history.