2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

Darnold flops and Russ gets hurt, we wind up with the 1st and 5th overall picks. T.Law at one Chase at 5, boom instant offense...

Jk. I'm really expecting a breakout by Darnold  finally healthy, mono behind him, second year in the playbook. The only questions for me on offense are can they pass/run block and can Bell rediscover himself. 

With two firsts in each of the next two drafts, it gives us plenty of ammo to move up if we love a guy. 

Lot of people completely overrating Trevor Lawrence. We have a QB. Just get this kid some help. If we waste this draft capital on another QB this franchise will never go anywhere. We will actually be looked at worse than the lions and browns.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Lot of people completely overrating Trevor Lawrence. We have a QB. Just get this kid some help. If we waste this draft capital on another QB this franchise will never go anywhere. We will actually be looked at worse than the lions and browns.

I mean, if drew's scenario did happen, the idea is that Darnold is not our QB of the Future and it would definitely be worth it to draft Lawrence at that point.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:00 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

What does salary have to do with it? I'm saying we've added so many of them that I doubt we look towards the top of the draft for one. Doesn't seem like a premium position at the moment.

The reason why we've added so many of them is to see if hopefully one or two stick. Lots of low risk, low expectation, high reward type of guys. If they don't, then we need to go back to the drawing board. CB is far from a stable position beyond this year.

35 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I mean, if drew's scenario did happen, the idea is that Darnold is not our QB of the Future and it would definitely be worth it to draft Lawrence at that point.

If we're in any position to take Lawrence, you take Lawrence and trade Darnold to the highest bidder.

I think we will see JD making some moves in these upcoming drafts now. A lot of assets to move around. Best thing is is now after his 1st draft we can have confidence in him generally drafting well. So the trust is there. I expect him to really want to get more OLineman and edge rushers mainly in the coming years still.

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

No, lots of people are appropriately placing Lawrence where he belongs, at the top of the conversation for best QB prospect of all time. Darnold was never in that conversation, he was not even the first QB taken in his draft. He was a young QB with not that much experience and developed a tendency for INT's when we drafted him.

If we are in a position to take Lawrence, it means that Darnold did not play up to where we drafted him for the third year in a row, and Gase is likely gone, meaning that JD and a new coach are gonna want their own guy. And when you consider that Lawrence is arguably the GOAT QB prospect, I do not think we will be looked at in any kind of negative light for pulling the trigger on that kind of move. If anything, it might be seen as another shrewd move by Douglas. Plus, Darnold may have some trade value in this scenario.

Lets not forget that after Lawrence won the National Championship as a true freshman, they were already talking about him as the #1 pick in the draft whenever he would come out. The only thing that stopped him from doing it again was a magical season from Joe Burrow. If he does it again this year with a lesser supporting cast, he's #1 overall lock with almost no kinks in the armor. And if we're #1 overall, it's for a reason.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You guys can’t want Darnold to be great but continue to pray that Gase fails. 

Agreed.

even if we were to axe gase... what experienced coach do we believe even will be an option outside of bringing in harbaugh?

Just now, KBS756 said:

Agreed.

even if we were to axe gase... what experienced coach do we believe even will be an option outside of bringing in harbaugh?

Jason Garrett lol. I wonder what they’d be told. Hey you can have the job but you gotta coach Darnold or you can pick your QB which means we go through another 3 year learning curve. 

I believe in Darnold and Gase, let’s just keep building this current program. 

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Who is saying this now? 

All I've seen is someone say if we are in position to draft Lawrence then it's likely Darnold failed and Gase is gone.

Too much talk about how this is set up great for the next coach and what not. Not on here too much but twitter and other areas of FF. We need both Gase and Darnold to be great and we should all want that. 

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Too much talk about how this is set up great for the next coach and what not. Not on here too much but twitter and other areas of FF. We need both Gase and Darnold to be great and we should all want that. 

If Darnold takes a leap and shows he’s a Franchise QB, the sky is the limit for us. We can finish building around him next offseason. This is what we should all be hoping for.

i doubt most other fans have actually watched Darnold play. Most have been saying Jamal is just a box safety. What fan of another team is taking the time to watch the Jets? These people are just basing their opinion from commentary from media heads.

Edited by SDotNova

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If Darnold takes a leap and shows he’s a Franchise QB, the sky is the limit for us. We can finish building around him next offseason. This is what we should all be hoping for.

i doubt most other fans have actually watched Darnold play. Most have been saying Jamal is just a box safety. What fan of another team is taking the time to watch the Jets? These people are just basing their opinion from commentary from media heads.

Yeah like who would watch Jets football by choice except us lol. 

Someone said we’re the least talented team on paper, I laughed. 

I have faith in this team, this locker room should be strong and united.