2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

I just want to make sure I'm clear, I want most of the attention to go to the offense this offseason because we're getting a new QB and I'm tired of the surrounding & coaching being a issue. I just don't want us to force picks and miss out on defenders that can change this team. It's very possible that by next season, every team in the AFC will have a QB they feel good about. They will try to build around them as they should. We're of course going to do the same, but coaches like Ried are signing extensions and these QBs are getting better. 

Mahomes has thrown 1 INT, no fumbles, and has a slightly higher completion %. He's getting smarter and could throw 50Tds again this year. Our own division will have Allen, Tua, and who ever the Pats are going to come away with in the draft (Please don't let it be Wilson or Trask). Brees had to deal with coming up short for years because his defense couldn't help at all. 2016, Brees threw for 5,000+ yards, 37tds, and completed 70% of his passes and only won 7 games. Same thing happened in 2012, 7 wins after throwing 43TDs. That's because everyone in their division and conference had an offense good enough to compete with and/or a defense that could at least slow them down. Over the next couple of seasons, (I doubt he will), but I'm hoping JD doesn't leave the defense hanging because how bad fans want the pretty offense. 

57 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

We just picked up Pat E. all we need to do now is pick up DeAndre Baker. He could be a CB 2 that could turn into a CB 1. I think at worse he is a CB 3 right now. Sounds like these guys went to a lawyer and that lawyer tried to get 260,000 for three guys.

Jets apparently not in for him.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Assuming we go QB with our 1st and WR being a need still. We can cross Chase and now Smith off our list. Smith looking like a top 15 pick. So we’d have to think about a tier down from that like Bateman and guys like that.

I think we hit WR in the 2nd tbh, OG or Edge would be my guess with that Seattle pick. Wallace, Tooney, and Marshall are guys I’m looking at atm

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Assuming we go QB with our 1st and WR being a need still. We can cross Chase and now Smith off our list. Smith looking like a top 15 pick. So we’d have to think about a tier down from that like Bateman and guys like that.

I keep repeating myself but if we are grabbing a good FA I want to focus on who the biggest burner is and a TE.  Obviously I won't be mad at a 1st round WR to go along with Mims, Crowder, FA, that would be amazing.  But to spread things around I'd like to go TE especially if Pitts is there and then grab more of a burner in the 2nd or 3rd.  We miss having someone to stretch the field.  I like Pitts/Pat F and a burner would help round out the offense more than 1st round WR.

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think we hit WR in the 2nd tbh, OG or Edge would be my guess with that Seattle pick. Wallace, Tooney, and Marshall are guys I’m looking at atm

Agreed unless we land Thuney I think OG and Edge are the two options with CB as a dark horse.  If Pitts is there I take him over everyone else though.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I keep repeating myself but if we are grabbing a good FA I want to focus on who the biggest burner is and a TE.  Obviously I won't be mad at a 1st round WR to go along with Mims, Crowder, FA, that would be amazing.  But to spread things around I'd like to go TE especially if Pitts is there and then grab more of a burner in the 2nd or 3rd.  We miss having someone to stretch the field.  I like Pitts/Pat F and a burner would help round out the offense more than 1st round WR.

Depending on who that FA WR is. If it’s a legit #1 then I totally agree. But if we aren’t getting that legit WR... then that position needs to be addressed with the SEA pick or our 2nd for sure.

26 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Imagine THE BIG TICKET and Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith.  That would push RB down a few rounds, anyone would be able to run behind that and Lawrence's blind side will be protected.  I'm taking that over 1st round WR.

I want Wyatt Davis so bad. I agree 100%. I like Smith too but Davis is better IMO.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Imagine THE BIG TICKET and Wyatt Davis or Trey Smith.  That would push RB down a few rounds, anyone would be able to run behind that and Lawrence's blind side will be protected.  I'm taking that over 1st round WR.

Trey Smith and Becton would compete for who can toss the most players to the floor.

Edited by SDotNova

Right now we are down to three teams in the hunt for Trever lawrence. With six games to go.

Jets   0-10

Jags   1- 9

Cinn.   2-7- 1     They don't need a QB but could trade the pick. 

Washington, Texas, & Dallas all won their third game today.

Miami had to bench Tua Tagvailoa, today for Fritz because he suck and has not put up any kind of numbers since he has been the starting QB

This kid Herbert, for the chargers, is the real deal.

Our future franchise QB Darnold, is still in sick bay. 

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Right now we are down to three teams in the hunt for Trever lawrence. With six games to go.

Jets   0-10

Jags   1- 9

Cinn.   2-7- 1     They don't need a QB but could trade the pick. 

Washington, Texas, & Dallas all won their third game today.

Miami had to bench Tua Tagvailoa, today for Fritz because he suck and has not put up any kind of numbers since he has been the starting QB

This kid Herbert, for the chargers, is the real deal.

Our future franchise QB Darnold, is still in sick bay. 

You can cross out Cinn. That tie will push them to 3rd at the most. This is a 2 way race between the Jets and Jags. The Jags will pull out one more win which will give the Jets a 1 game buffer zone.