2021 Draft Thread

9 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Right now we are down to three teams in the hunt for Trever lawrence. With six games to go.

Jets   0-10

Jags   1- 9

Cinn.   2-7- 1     They don't need a QB but could trade the pick. 

Washington, Texas, & Dallas all won their third game today.

Miami had to bench Tua Tagvailoa, today for Fritz because he suck and has not put up any kind of numbers since he has been the starting QB

This kid Herbert, for the chargers, is the real deal.

Our future franchise QB Darnold, is still in sick bay. 

I'm legitimately concerned that we'll become the first (I think?) team to go 1-15 and not get the #1 overall. We'll accidentally beat someone (or Bill will intentionally lose to us to mess with us), the Jags will steal T-Law, Fields will bust, and we'll go nowhere for another 5 years.

It's going to be a tense 6 weeks if the Jags can't pull a win out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

I'm legitimately concerned that we'll become the first (I think?) team to go 1-15 and not get the #1 overall. We'll accidentally beat someone (or Bill will intentionally lose to us to mess with us), the Jags will steal T-Law, Fields will bust, and we'll go nowhere for another 5 years.

I am glad I am not the only one who feel like you. The Jags don't even have a QB, everyone they play gets bench after the game. I can't see them winning any more games this year. Yesterday morning one of our board  members posted he had a real feeling the the Jags we going to upset the Steelers, I have to find out what that person was smoking and get me some of that stuff.

6 hours ago, TheChad said:

In all honesty if we go into Week 17 against NE and JAX still has 1 win and we have 0... we should “make up” a lot of injuries and illnesses that week to tank. 

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I am glad I am not the only one who feel like you. The Jags don't even have a QB, everyone they play gets bench after the game. I can't see them winning any more games this year. Yesterday morning one of our board  members posted he had a real feeling the the Jags we going to upset the Steelers, I have to find out what that person was smoking and get me some of that stuff.

Probably because they came close to beating the Packers. I can see the Jags winning 1 of Browns, Vikings, Bears, Colts. Our only chance is the Phins or NE, but I think even beating those teams are unlikely. We are going winless guys, it's sad, but it's happening.

41 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Probably because they came close to beating the Packers. I can see the Jags winning 1 of Browns, Vikings, Bears, Colts. Our only chance is the Phins or NE, but I think even beating those teams are unlikely. We are going winless guys, it's sad, but it's happening.

1-16 with the 1 being Trevor Lawrence

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Trying to dive deep into that 2nd tier of WRs after Chase and Smith and try and decide who I want us to draft with with the SEA 1st or our 2nd.

Waddle, Bateman, Moore, Olave, Marshall, Tooney, Wallace are the guys I’d look at

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Trying to dive deep into that 2nd tier of WRs after Chase and Smith and try and decide who I want us to draft with with the SEA 1st or our 2nd.

You know i don't usually do this. however this WR from UCF Marion Williams is fast great hands body like Enunwa, and runs like Lance Alworth, after the catch. Perriman also came from the UCF. My last tip I gave was Devin Cook. how did that work out. Be honest how did you feel after seeing Mims, and Perriman blow by the charger cb's like they were standing still. How long have we been waiting for that.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Waddle, Bateman, Moore, Olave, Marshall, Tooney, Wallace are the guys I’d look at

Yes that’s who I’m looking at. I have some early favorites... but I am trying to break them down a bit more to decide who I rate where

13 hours ago, TheChad said:

The frustrating part of that scenario is the Jags are better than us. We also didn’t even want to tank for Trevor. We came into this season thinking we had a FQB 😢. We just suck so bad that we really don’t know how to win. The Jags were trading off assets before the season. I don’t know...feel like we deserve the pick. The Jags should just switch with us if they get it. We’re the most snake bitten franchise in the world.

Edited by SDotNova

If we want the passing game to work next year we are going to need a top all purpose running back. With our five picks we have in the first three rounds we could get one ONLY IF THE PLAYERS  IS A TOP RUNNER. Right now we are so thin at running back, Perine, is ok but we need much more than what he can give us. I can't see Gore coming back next year. Not sure there will be a top running back in the FA market.

Edited by doumeyer
1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Do you like them more than Wyatt Davis?  

Honestly depends on how FA goes. We don’t address WR big time... then WR is a bigger need for me then. But if we can grab a top end talent at WR in FA or trade... then yes I’d love to address OL there.

Honestly, judging who the best player out of our needs at the Seattle pick maybe impossible. I've been comparing the CB's, Edgers, OL, TE's, and WRs that people are assuming will be around that pick. We're in a great spot, but it's going to be tough to see who will be the best. 

As I mentioned before, I'm open minded with that pick. I don't care what position we go, he just has to be great. 

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Do you like them more than Wyatt Davis?  

If we had the same group of WRs heading into the draft I am 100000% taking Wyatt Davis and addressing WR with the 2nd pick or “Darnold pick”. You could have absolute studs at WR and if our interior OL is a sieve, which it is now, it won’t matter how good those receivers are. We also should be looking to draft a developmental RT and make Chuma earn his spot. Literally every time Chuma gets playing time he either sucks or gets hurt. He’s soft AF and just isn’t a good OT. The line has to been much better going into 2021 so we don’t put the new QB IMin an impossible spot.