2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes that’s who I’m looking at. I have some early favorites... but I am trying to break them down a bit more to decide who I rate where

Yeah for me I think we need more of a Yards after catch type of guy more than anything

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Yeah for me I think we need more of a Yards after catch type of guy more than anything

Well Mims hasn’t been used right. If we had a legit QB you’d see his skill set and he’d be looking like a great weapon. That’s just my opinion. But yes more needs to be here at WR. Call me whatever. But the 2 Smiths and Berrios don’t do anything for me. So even if we get a guy in FA that’s more a legit #1... I still want a WR early as our 4th.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well Mims hasn’t been used right. If we had a legit QB you’d see his skill set and he’d be looking like a great weapon. That’s just my opinion. But yes more needs to be here at WR. Call me whatever. But the 2 Smiths and Berrios don’t do anything for me. So even if we get a guy in FA that’s more a legit #1... I still want a WR early as our 4th.

I’d bring back Perriman, sign some solid in FA, draft one earlier and one later with different skill sets. Have some depth so once. Also hope we do some wheeling and dealing and trade back with that Seattle pick and stock 2s like crazy. Big value in that round 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

After watching what Kupp and Woods did last night I have a lot of confidence in Mims and Perriman especially once they get better Quarterback play. Crowder will be good regardless. Depth behind them is solid but we could use another explosive threat out there. 

Wide Receiver play is as much about multiple guys being able to be threats all over as it is about individual talent. With Mims and Perriman/whoever stretching things vertically then you get more Cover 2 looks opening up things for Crowder/Tight Ends to get mismatches on Linebackers. 

We haven’t had that all year but you see the difference it’s made for us with those guys in the line up. 

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

After watching what Kupp and Woods did last night I have a lot of confidence in Mims and Perriman especially once they get better Quarterback play. Crowder will be good regardless. Depth behind them is solid but we could use another explosive threat out there. 

Wide Receiver play is as much about multiple guys being able to be threats all over as it is about individual talent. With Mims and Perriman/whoever stretching things vertically then you get more Cover 2 looks opening up things for Crowder/Tight Ends to get mismatches on Linebackers. 

We haven’t had that all year but you see the difference it’s made for us with those guys in the line up. 

It sure did, If we do very good in the draft & FA we will be a team to be to be reckoned with next year.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mims I give a pass to bc he’s never had an injury history. But to think Perriman is legit doesn’t sit good with me. Ya when he plays he’s useful. But that’s when he plays. And that’s been a constant his whole career. To count on him as a starter like we did... is idiotic. Guy shouldn’t be anything more than depth WR with his past (and present).

I don’t think we bring him back. But if we do it shouldn’t be as a starter. We should have a new starting WR to go with Mims and Crowder. Ideally we hit this in FA and the draft. Get a legit starter in FA and then a guy to groom Via draft. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims I give a pass to bc he’s never had an injury history. But to think Perriman is legit doesn’t sit good with me. Ya when he plays he’s useful. But that’s when he plays. And that’s been a constant his whole career. To count on him as a starter like we did... is idiotic. Guy shouldn’t be anything more than depth WR with his past (and present).

I don’t think we bring him back. But if we do it shouldn’t be as a starter. We should have a new starting WR to go with Mims and Crowder. Ideally we hit this in FA and the draft. Get a legit starter in FA and then a guy to groom Via draft. 

It’s hard to ever be confident in anyone’s health after the past couple years. If Perriman can be retained at a similar price then we should bring him back but we should definitely look to add another piece to the core, possibly 2. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s hard to ever be confident in anyone’s health after the past couple years. If Perriman can be retained at a similar price then we should bring him back but we should definitely look to add another piece to the core, possibly 2. 

I’d rather spend that money used to try and resign him on actually getting a legit 1st option and drafting that 4th WR

I think a smart thing for us to do with teams needing to shed cap is to trade away that SEA 3rd for a proven player that will fit a need. Whether that be a WR, OL, Edge, CB. I don't care. But there should be teams dying to shed cap and we should be pouncing on that while keeping those top draft picks. I still think we can get a 2nd (probably later 2nd) for Darnold. So if we can do that... we will still have 5 picks in the top 65 picks (2 1sts, 2 2nds and the 1st pick of the 3rd). Which is just insane. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think a smart thing for us to do with teams needing to shed cap is to trade away that SEA 3rd for a proven player that will fit a need. Whether that be a WR, OL, Edge, CB. I don't care. But there should be teams dying to shed cap and we should be pouncing on that while keeping those top draft picks. I still think we can get a 2nd (probably later 2nd) for Darnold. So if we can do that... we will still have 5 picks in the top 65 picks (2 1sts, 2 2nds and the 1st pick of the 3rd). Which is just insane. 

What about my two second round picks we gave the Colts to move up three positions to get Darnold. I need at least one of those pick back so I can get the Running back we desperately need. 

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What about my two second round picks we gave the Colts to move up three positions to get Darnold. I need at least one of those pick back so I can get the Running back we desperately need. 

Ideally for me we can hit OG in FA (hopefully Thuney), at least get 1 highly talented WR (the FA WR class is good) a cheap a young RB that's a backup now that can start for us if we need (Mack, Lindsay, Williams to name a few) and do something at Edge. Those are the main things I think we need to do in FA.

Leaving us in the draft to go pure talent while also thinking of need (mainly on offense bc we are a HS team right now).

1st pick we have to think will be QB. We draft 1st its TLaw, we draft 2nd we draft Fields.

The SEA pick and our 2nd pick I think should still be used on offense. Ideally for me it will be at WR and RB. If we cant land a good OG in FA... then throw that in their as well. I wouldn't be mad at an edge here either.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ideally for me we can hit OG in FA (hopefully Thuney), at least get 1 highly talented WR (the FA WR class is good) a cheap a young RB that's a backup now that can start for us if we need (Mack, Lindsay, Williams to name a few) and do something at Edge. Those are the main things I think we need to do in FA.

Leaving us in the draft to go pure talent while also thinking of need (mainly on offense bc we are a HS team right now).

1st pick we have to think will be QB. We draft 1st its TLaw, we draft 2nd we draft Fields.

The SEA pick and our 2nd pick I think should still be used on offense. Ideally for me it will be at WR and RB. If we cant land a good OG in FA... then throw that in their as well. I wouldn't be mad at an edge here either.

If we pick 2nd I'd prefer a trade down with a team like Washington to 4/5 and grab Chase or Surtain II. 

The only QB I like over Darnold is Lawrence. At least I wouldnt be sold on replacing him just yet. The only reason I take Lawrence is he's a generational prospect 

24 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

If we pick 2nd I'd prefer a trade down with a team like Washington to 4/5 and grab Chase or Surtain II. 

The only QB I like over Darnold is Lawrence. At least I wouldnt be sold on replacing him just yet. The only reason I take Lawrence is he's a generational prospect 

I wouldn't HATE that idea... but I think I'd still just draft Fields.