2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve never said we should upgrade the OL. But the OL hasn’t been awful. IMO we only need 1 OG to have a pretty good OL.

So that’s why I think we need WRs vastly more

If you’re in position to sign say Thuney or the best FA WR available who would you choose?

I want to play devils advocate. 

Let’s say this whole Trevor Lawrence thing about potentially pulling an Eli Manning is true but Lawrence rides it out til draft day. 

How much does that uncertainty impact our chance at getting the best head coach available? 

Chargers will have a ready made team for contention with Herbert and the Texans even without picks have a top 5 QB entering his prime. Our ace in the hole is Lawrence but what if they play up this Eli thing? What happens to us?

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Let’s say this whole Trevor Lawrence thing about potentially pulling an Eli Manning is true but Lawrence rides it out til draft day. 

How much does that uncertainty impact our chance at getting the best head coach available? 

Chargers will have a ready made team for contention with Herbert and the Texans even without picks have a top 5 QB entering his prime. Our ace in the hole is Lawrence but what if they play up this Eli thing? What happens to us?

I think we need a Jags win before we even think about losing out in Lawrence by him pulling an Eli. That week 17 game will be horrible if we need to lose to secure the 1st pick. 

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think the top HC’s will likely talk to Lawrence’s agent. If this is all true, I suspect Lawrence would be fine if we get a top HC. And that top HC would be fine since Lawrence would join the team. So I don’t think it impacts us much.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think there is still a good chance we get a great coach because of the options out there and the ability to mold the roster to what it's needed. Texans cap situation isn't great and they don't have early picks. They'll have to cut players and probably get worse to make room for impact players to be signed. Fields and Trask will still appeal to coaches. That along with the picks we could end up with trading out of the #1 pick. lol

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Does JuJu leave Pittsburgh for the Jets? 

JuJu is a FA and Pitt is tight against the cap. They also historically do not resign WR because they draft them so well. So I do believe he will be available.

4 hours ago, xrade said:

On a team like Pitt with Ben, 900 yards is not that good. What would he do on this team next year?  If he would be willing to sign a contract based on his production and not his potential, I am good with that. I still think we could do better in FA. 

Ben sprays all the field well.   3 WRs with over 500 receiving yards now.  Also, Steelers may focus on other WRs more than JuJu because Steelers have no plan to keep him after this season. Claypool and Johnson are young in terms of contract.

Still not sure about JuJu as number one WR many fans have been screaming for but he should solidify Jets' WR corp, nevertheless.

37 minutes ago, xrade said:

JuJu is a FA and Pitt is tight against the cap. They also historically do not resign WR because they draft them so well. So I do believe he will be available.

I think they 100% let JuJu walk. With Claypool and Johnson they don’t need him. With the cap situation they’re in... they kid of have to.

Bud Dupree might be available as well. They just don’t have the cap for him either.

Get both

16 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just don't see that happening. I put this with the T Law is going back to Clemson BS. The guy will be the number 1 pick no matter what. Right now we are a little behind the Jags on the schedule difficulty. The Jets are at a .595 and the Jags are .555. This can all change really fast. If Miami puts Tua back in and the Bills continue to stumble we could over take the tie too giving us a 1 game win buffer zone. 

50 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see that happening. I put this with the T Law is going back to Clemson BS. The guy will be the number 1 pick no matter what. Right now we are a little behind the Jags on the schedule difficulty. The Jets are at a .595 and the Jags are .555. This can all change really fast. If Miami puts Tua back in and the Bills continue to stumble we could over take the tie too giving us a 1 game win buffer zone. 

I haven’t paid to much attention to the SOS but I hadn’t realised it was that close. We could really do with a few Bills/Pats/Phins losses. 

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I haven’t paid to much attention to the SOS but I hadn’t realised it was that close. We could really do with a few Bills/Pats/Phins losses. 

Michael Nania has a rooting guide for every week that shows how every teams record effect the SOS. It's really well done, you should check it out. 

Its very optimistic to think that JAX will pass us on SOS. But yes it could happen. But its just very unlikely. As I stated... I think we lose these next few games rather easily.Making Week 16 and 17 our only games we might have a chance of winning. Hopefully JAX can win a game during that time to make the gap more comfortable. But that's very unlikely as well. Its going to come down to the very end of the season with us still biting our nails over if we will get the 1st pick and get TLaw. So it will be interesting to say the least.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Its very optimistic to think that JAX will pass us on SOS. But yes it could happen. But its just very unlikely. As I stated... I think we lose these next few games rather easily.Making Week 16 and 17 our only games we might have a chance of winning. Hopefully JAX can win a game during that time to make the gap more comfortable. But that's very unlikely as well. Its going to come down to the very end of the season with us still biting our nails over if we will get the 1st pick and get TLaw. So it will be interesting to say the least.

We will pull out a win and see Adam Gase jumping up and down celebrating lol