2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

If we lose against the Raiders, the only other game I’d be nervous about winning is the Browns game. Looking at their schedule, they really have been beating up on bad teams. We’re a bad team of course. But the Browns may not be as good as their record indicates. Also their strength is the running game which happens to collide with our strength.

With Darnold QBing, I just don’t see us beating the Pats. He’s confused on his own. Throw in BB and it’s no wonder he saw ghosts last year. And we won’t be able to keep up with the Rams and Seahawks. 

Edited by SDotNova

Just a little info I think you guys would like

Bills last games 

@49ers  They could lose this game. West coast games are always hard

Pitt You know this could be a loss too.

@ Broncos They should win this 

@ Pats Good news is one team will lose :)

Miami Good news one team will lose :)

Pats

@ Chargers Once again going to west coast NEVER easy

@ Rams Should be a loss

@ Miami One team will lose :)

Bills One team will lose :)

Jets  I hope the Pats win this which they should. 

Miami 

Cinn They should win

KC They should lose

Pats One team has to lose :)

@ Raiders They should lose this one

@ Bills One team has to lose :)

This means they could be 3-5 with the other games splits for total of 3-3 finishing the season at 6-8. This would put SOS under 500 for the rest of the way 

Jags

Hou

Colts Someone wins

@Bears I like Hou here. Bears suck

@ colts Someone wins

Cinn Hou should win this

Tenn Someone wins

Tenn

Browns Tenn should win

@ Jags Someone wins hope Jags but Tenn wins

Lions Tenn wins this

@ Packers Going to be a great game play it safe and say GB wins

@ Hou Someone wins

Colts

@ Hou Someone wins

@ Raiders Going to be a great game lets say Raiders win

Hou Someone wins

@ Steelers Colts lose this

Jags Someone wins lets hope Jags but will give it too the colts 

They will end up 8-7 record which is better than ours. So your only talking a game or two can change a lot. Tenn pulls a win @ GB which could happen would change things or a colts win at Raiders. This is going to come down to the wire. We maybe be talking .01 or .001 different if the Jets win a game. 

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Just a little info I think you guys would like

Bills last games 

@49ers  They could lose this game. West coast games are always hard

Pitt You know this could be a loss too.

@ Broncos They should win this 

@ Pats Good news is one team will lose :)

Miami Good news one team will lose :)

Pats

@ Chargers Once again going to west coast NEVER easy

@ Rams Should be a loss

@ Miami One team will lose :)

Bills One team will lose :)

Jets  I hope the Pats win this which they should. 

Miami 

Cinn They should win

KC They should lose

Pats One team has to lose :)

@ Raiders They should lose this one

@ Bills One team has to lose :)

This means they could be 3-5 with the other games splits for total of 3-3 finishing the season at 6-8. This would put SOS under 500 for the rest of the way 

Jags

Hou

Colts Someone wins

@Bears I like Hou here. Bears suck

@ colts Someone wins

Cinn Hou should win this

Tenn Someone wins

Tenn

Browns Tenn should win

@ Jags Someone wins hope Jags but Tenn wins

Lions Tenn wins this

@ Packers Going to be a great game play it safe and say GB wins

@ Hou Someone wins

Colts

@ Hou Someone wins

@ Raiders Going to be a great game lets say Raiders win

Hou Someone wins

@ Steelers Colts lose this

Jags Someone wins lets hope Jags but will give it too the colts 

They will end up 8-7 record which is better than ours. So your only talking a game or two can change a lot. Tenn pulls a win @ GB which could happen would change things or a colts win at Raiders. This is going to come down to the wire. We maybe be talking .01 or .001 different if the Jets win a game. 

Michael Nania broke the whole thing down on twitter, it's really useful. Definitely check it out. 

On 11/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, drew39k said:

Care to provide any statistical proof of this?

Darnold has thrown for more yards on both a per attempt and per game metric, despite having lesser receivers around him and having Gase as the offensive play caller instead of Loggans. The most points out up by the Jets this year has been 28, once by Darnold and once by Flacco when the Chargers intentionally took a safety to move us from 26 to 28 points with 1 second left in the game. Flacco also faced lower rated teams than Darnold did.

He didn't have lesser receivers last week, in a home game against a division rival where he had a chance to exact revenge for our worst defeat of the season (of which he wasn't even part of, granted).

The guy is no good. Sometimes what you see is what you get. The only thing Darnold has going for him is his draft pedigree. However, even that alone wasn't enough for Josh Rosen (who is now a practice squad QB, fourth-string).

I suppose we should be thankful that we traded Bridgewater, because there is no way this team would be as bad as it currently is had he remained with us. We would have been painfully middle of the pack with Bridgewater at the helm.

So, I suppose we should be thankful that Darnold is as bad as he is. 

45 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

He didn't have lesser receivers last week, in a home game against a division rival where he had a chance to exact revenge for our worst defeat of the season (of which he wasn't even part of, granted).

The guy is no good. Sometimes what you see is what you get. The only thing Darnold has going for him is his draft pedigree. However, even that alone wasn't enough for Josh Rosen (who is now a practice squad QB, fourth-string).

I suppose we should be thankful that we traded Bridgewater, because there is no way this team would be as bad as it currently is had he remained with us. We would have been painfully middle of the pack with Bridgewater at the helm.

So, I suppose we should be thankful that Darnold is as bad as he is. 

You are absolutely correct that he did not have lesser receivers this past week. 

I'm not really sure how that correlates with fans incorrectly claiming, up to that point, that Flacco had badly outplayed him and disregarded scheduling and weapons available.

Like I said, if anyone wants to bash Darnold, go ahead. He has earned it to this point. I'm just looking for fair critiquing, not wild bias accusations. Prior to last week Sam had lesser talent around him. It was something that was not being adequately acknowledged by detractors. He needed to fail with talent around him for the case to hold water. He did that this past week. Though I still have some questions like why did Gase take over play calling when Darnold returned and Why was Lew's benched the night before the game. But neither of those alone really cover for Darnold a bad game.

So I am getting a bad feeling about this weekend ending with both Jacksonville and us at 1-11. 

So how exactly is the tiebreaker for the first pick determined? Do they use common games first, divisional record? How is it listed?

Are we still in the lead after a potential first win?

34 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So I am getting a bad feeling about this weekend ending with both Jacksonville and us at 1-11. 

So how exactly is the tiebreaker for the first pick determined? Do they use common games first, divisional record? How is it listed?

don't worry.  it's not going to happen.

but to answer your question, it's no.  jax strength of schedule is lower, therefore they would be 1.

23 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

SOS, H2H, Div, Conf, Common games and then whatever.    For Jets-Jaguars case, skip Divisional record.

Man I remember wanting Brian Burns badly with our 3rd pick that year. His college tape was awesome. Typically these guys win at the college level with power or speed and just one move. Burns has the speed of course but he had a lot of different pass rusher moves. Glad he has stepped up. Im even more glad Q has stepped up.

im with y’all about this draft class though. I’m not seeing the guy I would want in the first round. 

Edited by SDotNova

What if the Raiders lose to us today who will be the first board member to snap???? Here is my list

EKILLO8X, BOBBY816, DOUMEYER, JETFUEL34, JETFAN4LIFE51

WE all have been thru bad times with the Jets for to many years now, and we really need a break, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't talk about the Jets. Lets pray we don't screw this thing up in the next five weeks.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What if the Raiders lose to us today who will be the first board member to snap???? Here is my list

WE all have been thru bad times with the Jets for to many years now, and we really need a break, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't talk about the Jets. Lets pray we don't screw this thing up in the next five weeks.  

You omit KOT. lol.    Ekill definitely the one.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It’s Bobby and it wouldn’t be even close