2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Sam didn't show anything today though!! It was a very bland 200 yards.  Mims didn't even have a catch! He either doesn't look his way or Mims is struggling to get open.  Only good thing is he was mistake free and got rid of the football quickly.  Would much rather try and squeeze a 2nd round pick.  His "success" has been because Becton and Elfein have been huge next to each other and no more GVR.

What's the knock on Zach Wilson?

Lack of high level competitiveness to be tested.

Size may be a concern somewhat.

Involved in too much creative scheme.

I feel that T Law is only qb of 2021 that can start a game by week 6.

28 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

How bad do you guys think losing the first pick hurts our coaching search/attractiveness?

Personally, very little... Unless the target was McDaniels. There's only 32 of these gigs. Seldom do you hear of guys turning down the chance. Mcdaniels has a history of backing out

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Personally, very little... Unless the target was McDaniels. There's only 32 of these gigs. Seldom do you hear of guys turning down the chance. Mcdaniels has a history of backing out

Yea, I do not think it hurt us that much. We still have a lot of capital to improve this team. Forget McDildo, he is just waiting for BB to retire. 

Edited by xrade

44 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

How bad do you guys think losing the first pick hurts our coaching search/attractiveness?

Of course it will hurt, not only getting a coach but with getting a top free agent player. Why would anybody want to come to this mess.

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

There's a bit of overreacting here I think.

We were seen as a premium job sitting where you guys sit. You have an extra 1st each of the next two years with one being in position for a top flight QB prospect this year. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Depends on how coaches feel about the other Qbs. I'm sure there are coaches out there that believe they can develop a winning team without having the #1 pick. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Lack of high level competitiveness to be tested.

Size may be a concern somewhat.

Involved in too much creative scheme.

I feel that T Law is only qb of 2021 that can start a game by week 6.

Already had two surgeries to this point. Hand and shoulder

What about Dak Prescott?  He will be UFA next year. He is 27. He will command a lot of money, but we have it. Dallas may not resign him since they only have about $25M. Of course he would have to pass his physical.  I will go on record as saying I am not the biggest fan of this primarily due to the rich contract, but if he comes in and solves our QB woes, we may very well be on the road to recovery even quicker than if we draft a QB. Just a thought. 

Did the math on SOS and there are only 5 games left with results that would benefit us. 

Vikings over Saints

Lions over Bucs

Ravens over Giants(likely)

Falcons over Chiefs

Steelers over Colts(likely)

That ship has sailed. 

Jags have 6 one score losses, they're bound to get a break hopefully. Let's just pray and if not then you know what, it is what it is.